F/A-18C Lot 20 Liveries WIP / Discussion

SkateZilla

Bluegrass - where can I get this awesome skin! Always loved the classic Felix-the-Cat squadron insignia!

I just uploaded it to the DCS site, it is currently under review for publishing. I can PM you when it goes live.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | 32gb DDR4 | GeForce 3070 | TM Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswinds V2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finished my first Paintsheme for the amazing Hornet

Looks very nice...Im amazed to see how you guys achieve such complex designs with your skins...Im trying to make an skin but Im really struggling with the "seams", I mean, the cuts between the different parts, which makes really hard to make skins with many little figures and complex forms to be correctly aligned...I have always have the feeling Im missing something here because I cant manage to make this in a barely "manageable" or confortable way...how do you guys make complex designs and manage the seams between different parts to make sure they are aligned?

thanks!

Take a look at my MODS here

Finished my first Paintsheme for the amazing Hornet

WOW

It looks absolutely amazing

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Looks very nice...Im amazed to see how you guys achieve such complex designs with your skins...Im trying to make an skin but Im really struggling with the "seams", I mean, the cuts between the different parts, which makes really hard to make skins with many little figures and complex forms to be correctly aligned...I have always have the feeling Im missing something here because I cant manage to make this in a barely "manageable" or confortable way...how do you guys make complex designs and manage the seams between different parts to make sure they are aligned?

thanks!

Thx, i am pleased you like my paint. Sorry for my bad english. You are right its not easy to see where the seams are, but in the Template PSD is a Wireframe Layer on the top of all Layers, it helps to understand the 3D Mesh and the rest is trying and moving the paints to the seams til it works. Its best to use the Modelviewer to have a fast look to your paint. The only thing is, you have to close and reopen modelviewer every time when you change the skin to reload it completely with the 3D Model.

Thx, i am pleased you like my paint. Sorry for my bad english. You are right its not easy to see where the seams are, but in the Template PSD is a Wireframe Layer on the top of all Layers, it helps to understand the 3D Mesh and the rest is trying and moving the paints to the seams til it works. Its best to use the Modelviewer to have a fast look to your paint. The only thing is, you have to close and reopen modelviewer every time when you change the skin to reload it completely with the 3D Model.

Thanks tu you mate :thumbup: ...yeah, I know about the mesh layer but even then is really painful and SLOW to make quality skins this way...also the hornet has so many cuts in the "loin" that makes it specially hard to deal with...

Take a look at my MODS here

1960's-70's VF Skin Pack PART 1 release!!

Included:

VF-21

VF-92

VF-96 (SHOWTIME 100)

VF-111

VF-114

VF-213

VF-213 (F-4G)

VFA-15 Commemorative Scheme (Special Inclusion)

------------

Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300922/

YXHxqVT.png

TqJ6u3w.png

PEjA1Ce.png

4w8UQCT.png

X7lL6za.png

zWPYSAJ.png

qN39Xx3.png

ZlcBvBd.png

Edited by Gunslinger22

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Looking good. Really deatiled work :thumbup:

The blue is in real life are black

thx Jack....on my Reference the Dark Blue is dark blue

;)

You do not have to look for paints or Plastic Models for references...just look to the Original Paint, uhh?

0354921.thumb.jpg.8bebdd826ea7ee139bce05291584f6b4.jpg

Edited by boubsteve

F/A-18C NSAWC from NAS Fallon in multiple variants.

L61HSYv.png

AgfmIPP.png

where can I find these ? very nice ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Very nice. I like your lighter weathering and leakings. in my opinion, for example for the swiss hornets, they are too weathered in most skins.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5