Next Generation Soviet fighter

puny vertical stabelizers. but really cool looking. like a cross between the F-22 and the JSF.

I also found it interesting, that the T-50 resembles the F-22 and is replacing the flanker, which resembles the F-15. (which is being replaced by the F-22) So the Russians arn't that far behind. (not at all actually)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Ya, I agree. The Su-17 could be the coolest looking fighter in existance right now.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Flanker series

When I first saw the picture I thought it was the F-22,till I saw the Russian markers on the wings.This is the first I hear from this bird.I have'nt seen any specifications or anything similar,so yes,I would classify it as a concept model.It would be nice to know what engines are in this badboy and also some avionics,but we know very little still.:unsure: As far as design goes,I will truly miss the classic flanker design,I guess they are not going to mass produce the super flanker....or are they?? FLANKER RULES !!!!!!:pilotfly:

Any idea what it's name is going to be?

model name.

Any idea what it's name is going to be?

You're guess is as good as mine.I figure it will be a while before they give it a final name....IF they mass produce it.Another thing,since it looks so much like the F-22 and JSF does that mean this fighter will have "stealth" capabilities as well???We'll find out soon enough.:thumbup:

In Russian news it is said that it will have its first flight in 2008/2009 and it will be in th AF in 2015.

Первым делом, первым делом самолеты...

©

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Athlon64X2 4400+; GTХ285 1024mb ddr3; 2GB RAM

В онлайне - DPilot

Interesting. Also to note that more than likely it will be changed in apearence. Some of the early SU-27 were just as ugly as this design is.

Are there any other perspectives other than rear view?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

ПАК-ФА is his name. And(it will i guess) it seems to have stealth capabilities .

What's that translated.

And I have no doubt it will be stealthy.

Oh, wow, I feel stupid... I should have checked. Thanks.

Keep in mind when you talk about naming the new fighter that Flanker is not what the Russians named the Su-27 - that was a NATO designation.

I know the S-37 was called the Berkut, but I'm embarrassed to admit I don't recall what the actual Russian name is for the Su-27 - does anyone here know?

I dont think it had one. I think the soviets just adopted the NATO Flanker designation.

Keep in mind when you talk about naming the new fighter that Flanker is not what the Russians named the Su-27 - that was a NATO designation.

I know the S-37 was called the Berkut, but I'm embarrassed to admit I don't recall what the actual Russian name is for the Su-27 - does anyone here know?

Well, i don't even now the other russian names:helpsmilie:I know the Nato, but not russian..is there some kind of index with the russian and nato names?

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

....EDIT: Ah yes, the nick was 'Crane'

Very Descriptive - the Blue Crane in itself is a very Elegant and Graceful Bird.

blue-crane-05a27125.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Looks a little like the F-22 does'nt it ??

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php

I don't think you can derrive much from that - it looks like a crude 3d model :).

Moreover, on NPO Saturn's website the link to the article in question is illustrated with this PAK-FA design illustration:

25_0_gen5.jpg

http://www.npo-saturn.ru/!new/?pid=25

....which as you can see looks quite different to this:

51_0_09.jpg

I am afraid we have to keep guessing for some time yet :)

JJ

page link

that image was published about a year ago, click on the link to see it.

Yeah I know Thomas - thats my point.

These "artists impressions" have emerged from time to time showing varies design differences - ranging from an S-37 with straight wings to that F-22 style design, but the truth is that we are still left in the dark as to what the actual PAK-FA will look like :) .

JJ

You're guess is as good as mine.I figure it will be a while before they give it a final name....IF they mass produce it.Another thing,since it looks so much like the F-22 and JSF does that mean this fighter will have "stealth" capabilities as well???We'll find out soon enough.:thumbup:

If I had to wager on this I would bet on Tyene.