• F-16C Falcon
    • F/A-18E Super Hornet
    • J-10
    • Ching Kuo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to choose the Eagle. Not because I think it's the best there, just because it's one of the few that has proven itself time and time again in tricky situations.

I would love to have chosen the Eurofighter; it looks superb in airshows and its impressive on paper, but I can't, because it has not proven itself. Many of the jets there seem to be the best, but you just cannot tell until they have proved their worth in combat.

Also, the Eagle is used very widely. Israel, Japan and Saudi Arabia all use them extensively, and other countries have Eagles in their hangars too.

Surprised you have not put down the F-22 in the poll. I see that as the best fighter jet in the world in terms of combat effectiveness, but far, far too expensive.

porkylomacscale1sl0.jpg

I had to choose the Eagle. Not because I think it's the best there, just because it's one of the few that has proven itself time and time again in tricky situations.

I would love to have chosen the Eurofighter; it looks superb in airshows and its impressive on paper, but I can't, because it has not proven itself. Many of the jets there seem to be the best, but you just cannot tell until they have proved their worth in combat.

Also, the Eagle is used very widely. Israel, Japan and Saudi Arabia all use them extensively, and other countries have Eagles in their hangars too.

Surprised you have not put down the F-22 in the poll. I see that as the best fighter jet in the world in terms of combat effectiveness, but far, far too expensive.

I didn't put F-22 or F-35 or any of the VERY new aircraft because they are the fifth gen untested totally over priced play toys of the USAF. People will have pointless arguments about them.

From the above list I can choose only the F/A-18E sure it's the best. But some russian planes from this list aren't deployed yet, and some of already deployed are not listed. For me the best fighter jet of 4+ generation is the Su-27SM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

I like the F-15 but I have to say in all honesty that the Eurofighter is the best fighter second to the F-22, at least untill the F-35 comes online.

Why? The Typhoon has better weapons, better avionics, much more manueverability at all altitudes, and a fraction of the RCS of the Eagle. Some F-15's enjoy the capability of AESA radars but they dont offer enough advantage over the Eurofighter IMHO.

Captor Radar is a monster, refresh rate on a purely AA mode beyond a certain speed is not going to give you much advantage if the SUM of the other parts are not as good.

And both of these planes enjoy 2 main advantages over Su-35:

-Avionics

-Weapons

-radar

Infact Su-35 doesnt yet exist as an operational fighter though it could be similar to the Su30MKI, wich suffers from a fundamental flaw: It doesnt have but obsolete and umproven weapons.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

None of those is "mine" so rant away! :D ;)

My PC specs below:

F-22 or F-35...are...over priced play toys of the USAF. People will have pointless arguments about them.

But aren't you trying to start a pointless argument with your poll / comments? :)

We'd be better off with a looks comparison poll IMO, in which case the Su-35 would win and the F-22 and F-35 would be at the bottom of my list. But who says flying death is suppose to be pretty (i.e. A-10)?

Having watched many propaganda videos from all sides, if it were my life on the line, I'd want to be strapped in the back seat of a Raptor (if a 2-seator F-22 existed). Even if the navigation software aborted and they had to pry us out of the cockpit after we landed, I'd still take my chances on the F-22.

--

Mark

And here's the opposing propaganda...

http://198.65.10.229/DID/Su-35_Combat_Promo.avi

(please right-click and save)

That video pretty much shows what usually happens to me in EF2000 when I come up against an Su-35. :)

--

Mark

In terms of everything i.e cost effectiveness, range of operations, capability etc then I would say the Superhornet for sure. Everything else is just overkill. The A2A engagement hardly ever takes place and when it does its against extremely old technology with aircrews that are poorly trained and are so out numbered that the best thing they can do is to bury their jets in the sand in hope they don't get bombed.

In short; as a complete package the A2A weapon system is the most unused weapon system in any modern millitaries inventory so why spend billions when an AIM120 fired from a Hornet will shoot down a Mig29 from the 1970's/80's just as effectively as one fired from an F22.. But the F18 can also land on a Carrier so IMO it wins as the best.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

In terms of everything i.e cost effectiveness, range of operations, capability etc then I would say the Superhornet for sure. Everything else is just overkill.

I see what you guys are getting at now. I guess it's the same as comparing a Corvette to a Porsche (and possibly a Ferrari, too lazy to look it up). All factors considered, the 'Vette wins, right?

I'd rather be driving a Porsche or Ferrari though (nothing against a Corvette, they're relatively affordable and keep getting nicer).

--

Mark

I didn't put F-22 or F-35 or any of the VERY new aircraft because they are the fifth gen untested totally over priced play toys of the USAF. People will have pointless arguments about them.

Then why did you put J-10, MiG-35 and Su-35?

The Raptor is a heckuva lot more 'deployed and tested' than those.

I think: because they are the fifth gen untested totally over priced play toys of the USAF, especially the last part, betrays your bias big time ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ya, I chose the super bug, but the typhoon wasn't that far behind.

Like cosmsnaut said, it cn do what the raptor does, but can land on a carrier. if the enemy doesn't have stealth, then i'll take carrier landings over my own stealth.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

In the spirit of this thread, the best CPU or video card in the world wouldn't necessarily be the fastest or most capable, but rather the best bang-for-the-buck, right?

EDIT: actualy it depends on what you define as being the best

No longer active in DCS...

In terms of everything i.e cost effectiveness, range of operations, capability etc then I would say the Superhornet for sure. Everything else is just overkill. The A2A engagement hardly ever takes place and when it does its against extremely old technology with aircrews that are poorly trained and are so out numbered that the best thing they can do is to bury their jets in the sand in hope they don't get bombed.

In short; as a complete package the A2A weapon system is the most unused weapon system in any modern millitaries inventory so why spend billions when an AIM120 fired from a Hornet will shoot down a Mig29 from the 1970's/80's just as effectively as one fired from an F22.. But the F18 can also land on a Carrier so IMO it wins as the best.

Let me put this way:

Your going to choose a plane to go to war. You will either pick a plane that is on parity with the oposition or you want to go there with as much an advantage you can get so your risk of not returning home is minimized?

I would choose the later. its a question how much your govermment is willing to spend for your safe return and achieve successfull missions.

My PC specs below: