UPDATE: Looks like the site will not be deleted after all - Google were just not very clear in their email about which data would be deleted and which wouldn't.

Edited by Brixmis
Website update

Kit: i5 9600k;GA Z390D;32GB DDR4 3200;RTX2080Ti;Various SSD;VPC T50 HOTAS;Saitek Cessna Pro pedals;Valve Index;Oculus Quest 2

DCS World Guidesite

You're welcome and thank you. Now I have more time on my hands I hope to do a lot more yet - and though I bought the Hornet in pre-release I'm just now taking my first virtual lessons, and intend to add some guides for that, too, more as a quick reference for those of us with iffy memory :)

Kit: i5 9600k;GA Z390D;32GB DDR4 3200;RTX2080Ti;Various SSD;VPC T50 HOTAS;Saitek Cessna Pro pedals;Valve Index;Oculus Quest 2

DCS World Guidesite

Looking good there Brix. Always good to come across helpful info like this all in one place.

One suggestion that you might include for the future; I've never come across a visual guide to DCS assets anywhere, so if you are building a mission, and cannot remeber exactly what the Oliver Hazard Perry or whatever looks like, you have to place it first to get a sense of how big it is. A visual guide to say WWII assets, or general DCS assets etc, would be a nice addition to your site if you are thinking of ideas for pages to add.

Anyway, thanks for putting it together.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Thanks for the feedback. You actually make a good point there, and something I hadn't considered.

There's still alot to do, but I will bear that in mind as a separate reference section.

DCS World Guidesite

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome.

One suggestion that you might include for the future; I've never come across a visual guide to DCS assets anywhere, so if you are building a mission, and cannot remeber exactly what the Oliver Hazard Perry or whatever looks like, you have to place it first to get a sense of how big it is. A visual guide to say WWII assets, or general DCS assets etc, would be a nice addition to your site if you are thinking of ideas for pages to add.

The current mission editor actually has this all included. All you do, is when selecting an AI object or vehicle, you click on the armament/paint icon and on that page it shows you the object or vehicle you have selected.

I can't remember if it had any info, though - I'll have a look next time.

DCS World Guidesite

A-10A Combat Procedures up - these are text images and more will be uploaded in a similar form, until I have time to convert them to pictorial form

These are also available in the kneeboard files downloads. Eventually, everything will be available as a pictorial guide.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211833

Edited by Brixmis

DCS World Guidesite

Mirage 2000C Start-up is up

also, radar operation. Note that this does not cover procedures - just how to use the different modes, ranges etc, with advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by Brixmis
radar op added

DCS World Guidesite

• 4 months later...

I've been receiving requests for access to guides via Google Drive. All the checklists and guides linked to in the first post should be accessible without permissions etc. If they are not, please let me know.

Thanks

DCS World Guidesite

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies - I had not realised until yesterday, that I had posted the A-10A weapons guide where the F-15C should have been - this has now been corrected

There will be a couple more guides going up this week. Gazelle weapons control, I'm converting the Mirage radar text guide to a pictorial one and I'll be adding the Hornet start-up guide to the kneeboard files.

There'll be more Flaming Cliffs guides up, as the MAC release draws closer.

Edit - quicker than I thought! :)

Su-27 & 33 BVR combat guide is up.

Edited by Brixmis

DCS World Guidesite