Red Flag Mission 7 *Spoilers*

Hatefury

Ok I can complete the mission as far as killing all ground objectives is concerned. (Banshee confirms all targets at Tequila are dead). At that point Pasha requests that you help engage the F-5s as they have . Chevy 7 and 8 do not do this and Banshee only seemed to act in self defence. Also with the mission load out you only have guns and are pretty much bingo by this point anyway so I can't really take them out on my own.

Also I stayed on station way past the 25 minute vul period (close to 30 minutes) and you get no RTB instruction from that either.

Only way I could complete the mission was to call bingo and rtb however as all ground targets have been destroyed you still get 100% mission credit.

On the route back despite being on the correct frequency I also got no prompt to contact approach.

Ok I can complete the mission as far as killing all ground objectives is concerned. (Banshee confirms all targets at Tequila are dead). At that point Pasha requests that you help engage the F-5s as they have . Chevy 7 and 8 do not do this and Banshee only seemed to act in self defence. Also with the mission load out you only have guns and are pretty much bingo by this point anyway so I can't really take them out on my own.

Also I stayed on station way past the 25 minute vul period (close to 30 minutes) and you get no RTB instruction from that either.

Only way I could complete the mission was to call bingo and rtb however as all ground targets have been destroyed you still get 100% mission credit.

On the route back despite being on the correct frequency I also got no prompt to contact approach.

Thanks I will check if there is something wrong there. You should be cleared to RTB after the vul period. By the way really curious what you think about mission 8 - if it is too difficult or manageable...

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Currently on RTB. Really enjoyed that mission.

Getting behind Banshee at the break away point was a little awkward but once in position he was easy enough to follow. Approaching the target after betting the 14 nails I was praying please don't see me. After killing my target finishing all the bandits in the AO was relatively simple.

It was mission 8 I was just finishing up. Mission 8 was well scripted it turned out to be not very hard but the way the mission was set up meant it had a lot of build up. Took a break after getting shot down on 9. Will be continuing later.

• 6 months later...

Mission 7. After departing via truck stop, I get a message from the departure controller and then go to Sally channel. There are no transmissions and / or events throughout the mission anymore.

Setup when expecting something to happen was Ch 2 RED and Ch 6 (Sally) GREEN.

Made it successfully to the objective, but did not do much since it was pitch black.

Track is too big to be attached :(

Edit: track can be downloaded here: https://wyndnet.eu/owncloud/index.php/s/fXQpWqgK7P2WBB9

Edited by Andrei

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I figured the problem now. I switched to Sally frequency while all the chatter happened on departure one :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Hello,

I would like to add a head-up about M07. (possible spoiler)

By sending the first group to destroy the AAA and then coordinating the attack with all chevy flights, we managed to destroy all ground targets, pretty quickly and we did not loose a single plane.

But then things go really insane (maybe it's the purpose though :helpsmilie:) For strange reason, mission command never orders us to back off and rtb, despite ALL objectives are destroyed and confirmed.

And then we have waves of enemy fighters coming at us. For the last flight of 4 F-5, Chevy flights just do nothing despite they are ordered to engage. It ends up in a never ending fight between our F-16's and the f-5's. At some point I tried to join but using guns in night time... Finally I got shot down by a F-5 that I never saw at all.

I think the AI has some kind of x-ray goggles as they do not seem to be annoyed by the night. So to that reagrd, I think the difficulty is not totally balanced.

I read above that this mission can be won by requesting RTB after all objectives are destroyed. Is it the tactical choice that is expected ? Or are we supposed to obtain full air superiority before RTB ?

Hey! As far as I remember you should mainly focus on the ground units, the CAP flights should be capable of taking out the enemy fighters - so fight them only if they get too close. You have a certain window of opportunity (again, IIRC 30 minutes) to take out the ground targets, after which you should be told to RTB - so wait patiently until that happens. Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png