Allgemeiner DCS News- und Newsdiskussionsthread (nur DCS-News, sonst nichts)

QuiGon

• 4 weeks later...

Nick Grey hat ein paar Interessante Infos bekannt gegeben. Für mich persönlich genau das, was ich mir sehnlichst gewünscht habe (Wobei sich das auch mit der Roadmap deckt, welche Kate anfangs Jahr gepostet hat):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4418267&postcount=1732

Edit: Hier noch ein Video, der näher auf die Aussagen von Nick Grey eingeht:

Edited by Weasel

Hier übrigens noch der originale Wortlaut von Nick Grey, Founder und CEO von ED:

Dear Sir, thank you very much for your most excellent video and thank you for stating that the ‘goods outweigh the bads’ as well for your stance on personal attacks. It is professional and appreciated. As a matter of record, I agree 100% with absolutely everything that you say. We have a long way to go and we are far from perfect. Please know that we will not stop listening and reacting to all positive and negative feedback from our community, partners and friends. May I take this opportunity to highlight some of the stuff we are working on. Since March 2018 Katia took over as COO and I have taken a more active role following the tragic death of my partner and friend Igor Tishin. From this moment on, we understood that we needed to make some radical changes and we decided to focus on the following non module related components: a new rendergraph engine, new world and world simulation engine, new graphics mutithreading, new weather, new campaign engine, new sound engine, new multiplayer code, new coms engine, new damage modelling engine, new AI, new effects, and much more. Some of these will be seeing the light of day this year and others in 21. As a CEO of a software company you understand the kind of challenges such rewrites involve, especially when having to maintain 5 mio lines of legacy code in the process. So in order to achieve this we have grown the team from 60 to 150, with the majority of new staff going into core enhancements. The effect to date is that we have doubled our user base year on year, quadrupled turnover and created a mountain of issues which we need to solve with the legacy engine too. We run a 3000 bug database which is maddening and thanks to the Open Beta have the focus of a very large, experienced and vocal user base who flag things exceptionally fast. Not everything we produce works out of the box and sometimes we let rubbish out of the door. This is unacceptable and there is no excuse, but it is a byproduct of our pace as well as a fact of life with the sudden closing of all our offices due to strict CV measures, which are sadly still in place. We reinvest 100% of our earnings into the future, I personally take zero out of the business and consider this a labour of love. Thankfully I have other much bigger but far less passionate businesses that pay rent and keep everyone in hot dinners. We know that the challenges ahead are formidable, especially in the light of the steam roller on the horizon that is MSFS 2020, but we have passion and we serve a passionate customer base with pleasure and enthusiasm. I know your channel is still relatively small but I really appreciated your detailed, honest and balanced remarks and so felt compelled to give you some insight into what is going on behind the scenes. Let’s see where we go and if we will still deserve your encouraging words in the future. Respectfully yours, Nick (ED Founder)

Hier noch die Videoquelle mit seinem Kommentar:

Das sind sehr, sehr gute Neuigkeiten! Danke Weasel! :thumbup:

Ich hoffe sie schaffen die OP am offenen Herzen

weil nichts anderes ist das, bei der alten DCS engine.

Das ist eine riskante, aber auch nötige Operation, um auch nach FS2020 noch am leben zu bleiben.

Meinen Segen haben sie :angel:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Das sind sehr, sehr gute Neuigkeiten! Danke Weasel!

Ich hoffe sie schaffen die OP am offenen Herzen

weil nichts anderes ist das, bei der alten DCS engine.

Das ist eine riskante, aber auch nötige Operation, um auch nach FS2020 noch am leben zu bleiben.

Meinen Segen haben sie :angel:

Gerne Ganesh

Habe mich sehr gefreut über den Kommentar von Nick Grey und genau das habe ich mir sehnlichst gewünscht für DCS. Es kommen tolle Zeiten auf uns zu!

• 2 weeks later...

Wer etwas mehr Einsicht in die Flugmodelle erhalten möchte (und auch in die verwendeten Sources von ED) der siehe hier:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5Jo_-2rDj33EKlD3HH5ur3NoYRxBZlj/view

DCS World Flight Modelling Principles

Perhaps the least understood by customers, and the most complex task for us, is the creation of aircraft flight dynamics for DCS World aircraft. To help shine some light on this mysterious subject, our flight model engineering team created the linked document to share the sources we use, the fundamental principles behind the engineering, and the techniques we use to create and test the most accurate flight models possible.

It is our hope that with a better understanding of the process that you will truly appreciate the time and effort that goes into creating a flight model for DCS World and why it is not a speedy or simple task

Siehe auch:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4432245&postcount=1

Edited by Weasel

Update für die Stable kommt heute raus Change Log ist schon

Wenn man sowas postet sollte man den Changelog auch entsprechend verlinken: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/2.5.6.52437/

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Razbam hat gerade noch dad nächste Modul angekündigt. Aber gleich mit dem Hinweis, dass es weit weit hinten auf der Roadmap ist. Daher erstelle ich erst einmal keinen Sammelthread :D

https://www.facebook.com/316077818478863/posts/3136206443132639/e011bcf7d4efcdd1d5597cc076beaf49.jpg

HW-Specs: Ryzen 5800x | Gigaybte RTX 3080 | 32Gb DDR4-4000 | 2x M.2 970Evo + SSDs| LG 34" 21:9

Peripherie: Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Slew-Mod + Nyogel) + MFG Crosswind Pedals | SimShaker Jetpad | HP Reverb G2

Es gibt jetzt auch ein Subforum für DCS: A-10C Warthog II

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=762

Dann wird es weiter Informationen Soon oder in Two Weeks geben! :music_whistling:

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Scheint so, dass versehentlich schon eine erste Featureliste dort veröffentlicht wurde, die aber inzwischen wieder gelöscht ist.

Hier hat jemand aus dem Gedächtnis ein paar der Punkte aufgeschrieben.

Es darf gehofft werden, dass das Helmet Mounted Cueing System tatsächlich kommt. :thumbup:

Laser-Maverick und Laser-JDAM klingt natürlich auch nicht schlecht. APKWS wäre dann noch ein Sahnehäubchen, aber schauen wir mal, wenn die offizielle Featureliste kommt. ;)

Interview mit Simon, dem Global Business Development Director über die Zukunft für DCS. Simon hat in seiner Position auch viel mit der Vertrieb von DCS als professioneller Trainingssoftware für Militärs zu tun und gibt da einige kleine Einblicke die ganz interessant sind.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Gerade nen Post bei FB gesehen:

Es gibt scheinbar jemanden mit Zugriff auf die Syria-Map der die letzten Wochen ein paar Videos hochgeladen hat.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKOax5-C-nE_c4cOo314XYA/videos

EDIT: Scheint ein Dev zu sein, hat die Videos auch im Forum gepostet. Ist aber vielleicht trotzdem interessant.

Edited by easy_ci

HW-Specs: Ryzen 5800x | Gigaybte RTX 3080 | 32Gb DDR4-4000 | 2x M.2 970Evo + SSDs| LG 34" 21:9

Peripherie: Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Slew-Mod + Nyogel) + MFG Crosswind Pedals | SimShaker Jetpad | HP Reverb G2

Ein Video von Grim Reapers über die Zukunft von DCS World:

Hab ich das nicht 2 Posts oben drüber schon verlinkt?! :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Interview mit Simon, dem Global Business Development Director über die Zukunft für DCS. Simon hat in seiner Position auch viel mit der Vertrieb von DCS als professioneller Trainingssoftware für Militärs zu tun und gibt da einige kleine Einblicke die ganz interessant sind.

Interessant hier zu hören ist das sie versuchen ne Clickable Mig-29A zu machen, bei ner 1:37:00

• 2 weeks later...

Und wann kann der Download starten ?

Aktualisierung sagt:.....2437 ist uptodate.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet