M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK

M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK  

51 members have voted

1. 1. M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK

• I scored 100
    • I scored 80
    • I scored 60
    • I scored 51

Please mark the Results you had in the last mission (16) of the campaign ( not the entire campaign results, just the one you get for Mission 16). Those who finish it will know what does this mean :music_whistling:

Also, feel free to post your feedback on the campaign, eager to hear..ee.. read what you think!

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi BD,

I am loving the campaign. Just flew mission 2. I’m strugling with the radios (my fault), but the campaign is forcing me to study the M2000C properly.

Tks a lot for the effort and I will post here the results once I finish it. (100+70=85 so far)

All the best,

Sydy

Hi BD,

I am loving the campaign. Just flew mission 2. I’m strugling with the radios (my fault), but the campaign is forcing me to study the M2000C properly.

Tks a lot for the effort and I will post here the results once I finish it. (100+70=85 so far)

All the best,

Sydy

Hey! Just to make it clear: you need to post the final score from the LAST mission (because you get to choose an answer to a question posted by one of the wingmen). Not the entire campaign score :) thanks for the kind words!

I hope this is the appropriate place to post a perceived bug in the Mirage Red Flag.

Mission 4: I could not issue instructions to any of my flight, or wingmen using Button 1 (on the brief card). I also tried on all frequencies with no luck. I was trying to issue the "Radar On" instruction as briefed.

This problem also came into play later on RTB: I generally give the flight a RTB command in order to avoid airfield conflicts, but could not do so on this mission. My three wingmen followed me to my landing at Nellis and then all three flew into the ground at various places while augering around Nellis. I found it amusing that they each provided a radio call concerning their demise, as if they were shot down!

I did not have this problem on the previous mission where I commanded my wingman to "Cover Me" on the 'Wingman Channel', where as he rogered my command, and then left me in the dust as he proceeded beyond the FEBA in warp drive in order to attack two aircraft in violation of the ROE. In a panic, I called him to rejoin which he dutifully did after he got his illegal kills. However, the fool apparently ran himself out of gas maneuvering for his multiple kills, and then had to bail out. Having no time to continuously monitor the wingmans channel, my only indication he was missing was a smoking hole in the ground near where I was orbiting.

So on another note:..Beware of the "Cover Me" command as it may start something that can get out of control.

As a suggestion: I would say that if there's any way in the game to issue commands to the flight or wingmen on the Main channel or Route Package channel it should be implemented in order to avoid the necessity of leaving the two essential command and control mission channels . If not, then there should be a flight discrete channel in the brief to be monitored at all times and only one Main channel. Having a Main channel and a package channel plus a discrete flight channel is too much radio overload in a dynamic combat environment. Two channels max should be the order of the day in combat. Need to figure out in advance which is more important: Main channel or Package channel and then pick it and have the other radio dedicated to the Flight for commands.

One more thing, so I don't have to go to the other post on the topic of the music volume in the first mission. I hate to have to say it, but I found the music especially annoying. Not just the volume, but the irritating grating persistence of the noise. Guess I prefer more soothing sounds at a very low volume when flying.

Let me conclude by thanking you, and commending you for your outstanding work on these campaigns. I had just finished the Mirage Caucus Campaign and was so impressed with it and your work that when I saw your Mirage Red Flag, I was inspired enough to down load the DCS Beta in order to buy your campaign that only works in the Beta. I only have so much hard drive space, so that's saying a lot. Your work is really superb!

I hope this is the appropriate place to post a perceived bug in the Mirage Red Flag.

Mission 4: I could not issue instructions to any of my flight, or wingmen using Button 1 (on the brief card). I also tried on all frequencies with no luck. I was trying to issue the "Radar On" instruction as briefed.

This problem also came into play later on RTB: I generally give the flight a RTB command in order to avoid airfield conflicts, but could not do so on this mission. My three wingmen followed me to my landing at Nellis and then all three flew into the ground at various places while augering around Nellis. I found it amusing that they each provided a radio call concerning their demise, as if they were shot down!

Unforutnately, I don't have control over the AI, which is outright dumb quite often. I suspect you just used the wrong frequency, pay close attention to the briefing card where you are told which channel to use (sometimes it is the initial one, sometimes different).

I did not have this problem on the previous mission where I commanded my wingman to "Cover Me" on the 'Wingman Channel', where as he rogered my command, and then left me in the dust as he proceeded beyond the FEBA in warp drive in order to attack two aircraft in violation of the ROE. In a panic, I called him to rejoin which he dutifully did after he got his illegal kills. However, the fool apparently ran himself out of gas maneuvering for his multiple kills, and then had to bail out. Having no time to continuously monitor the wingmans channel, my only indication he was missing was a smoking hole in the ground near where I was orbiting.

So on another note:..Beware of the "Cover Me" command as it may start something that can get out of control.

LOL :) on the channels below.

As a suggestion: I would say that if there's any way in the game to issue commands to the flight or wingmen on the Main channel or Route Package channel it should be implemented in order to avoid the necessity of leaving the two essential command and control mission channels . If not, then there should be a flight discrete channel in the brief to be monitored at all times and only one Main channel. Having a Main channel and a package channel plus a discrete flight channel is too much radio overload in a dynamic combat environment. Two channels max should be the order of the day in combat. Need to figure out in advance which is more important: Main channel or Package channel and then pick it and have the other radio dedicated to the Flight for commands.

There is. But then your wingmen will continuously clutter the channel with his "spike, 12 o'clock" that takes precedence over the scripted transmissions. In other words, if I did it, then I could just skip all the custom made VOs for most of the time. Therefore having a separate channel for wingmen that you can use at your own convenience is much much better and there is no way around it (other than silencing wingmen, but that can be even more annoying).

One more thing, so I don't have to go to the other post on the topic of the music volume in the first mission. I hate to have to say it, but I found the music especially annoying. Not just the volume, but the irritating grating persistence of the noise. Guess I prefer more soothing sounds at a very low volume when flying.

...and that is intentional :D I wanted to force players to think out of the box - and you can just easily turn down the volume of the green radio, as you would probably do in the real plane. Just remember to get it up later on. OR you can switch the channel. The choice of the music is also intentional, it was meant to keep the flight awake. So everything was as designed :)

Let me conclude by thanking you, and commending you for your outstanding work on these campaigns. I had just finished the Mirage Caucus Campaign and was so impressed with it and your work that when I saw your Mirage Red Flag, I was inspired enough to down load the DCS Beta in order to buy your campaign that only works in the Beta. I only have so much hard drive space, so that's saying a lot. Your work is really superb!

Thanks a lot, hope you'll enjoy the rest of it! Cheers!

I suspect you just used the wrong frequency, pay close attention to the briefing card where you are told which channel to use (sometimes it is the initial one, sometimes different).

Seems the RED radio is the problem. For simplicity sake, I wanted to use it to communicate with the wingman, but for some reason he will not respond on that radio. I rechecked the frequency and the preset indicated the correct frequency, but to no effect. However, when I use the green radio, manual or preset, it works fine. My new procedure is to dial in the wingman com channel on the Green radio manual dials and then use it by switching between manual and the preset command and control freq (Main in game).

I had this same problem with the Red radio button 1 preset frequency on Mission 5 and 6 (my furthest progress to date).

Thanks for your explanation as to why we can't communicate with the wingman on the Main or Package channel. I understand why it has to be like it is.

The Campaign continues to be fun and is very interesting and challenging. Quite novel too!

Just completed the campaign. Excellent job. Definitely the defining campaign for how Red Flag should be done.

The only mission I struggled with was mission 11 (the one with the Gazelles spamming missiles). With that being said, at know point did I feel bored during the campaign flying to the range (which is a problem in other red flag campaigns.)

Some fantastic acting in there, Max was especially well voiced.

I was going to tell you my favourite mission but I'm actually struggling to choose. The jamming mission was probably the most unique one and the A/G missions were done in a way were you didn't really think about the limited capabilities of the aircraft.

Looking forward to more campaigns, I'm assuming Iron Flag is next.

Edit: to add spoiler wraps for those wanting to find out for themselves.

Edited by Hatefury

Just completed the campaign. Excellent job. Definitely the defining campaign for how Red Flag should be done.

The only mission I struggled with was mission 11 (the one with the Gazelles spamming missiles). With that being said, at know point did I feel bored during the campaign flying to the range (which is a problem in other red flag campaigns.)

Some fantastic acting in there, Max was especially well voiced.

I was going to tell you my favourite mission but I'm actually struggling to choose. The jamming mission was probably the most unique one and the A/G missions were done in a way were you didn't really think about the limited capabilities of the aircraft.

Looking forward to more campaigns, I'm assuming Iron Flag is next.

Edit: to add spoiler wraps for those wanting to find out for themselves.

Thanks for this!

Glad all worked without any major bugs, with this number of triggers and things happening that’s good news. As for future plans, the Iron Flag is coming slowly together but there are some other projects in the making. Hope to have a surprise in December and then probably one more campaign out before the IF :)

Finished the Campaign and enjoyed it thoroughly. Well worth the price of admission. Your creativity is absolutely brilliant.

I am amazed at the level of thought, technical expertise, and hard work that went into this creation. In addition to being a campaign masterpiece, it's also a showcase for the extensive capabilities of the DCS mission editor and the games AI. I was awed by the Ai performance throughout the campaignes choreographed evolution's. The voice actors performance was outstanding as well!

I don't have a score to report as I played the campaign out of the Mission Editor so as not to be restrained in any way from moving forward. I also don't keep track of mission results.

I only had one "FAILED" mission which was Ai related which I will attempt to describe behind spoiler wraps:

Mission 14 failed because the defecting F 16 crashed while in the landing circuit. I also had difficulty getting the fellow to respond to the instruction to land. Initially he lowered his gear when I did but then raised them and followed me around the airfield. On the second go at it he responded correctly, but then spent ages circling the airfield. I got so low on fuel waiting for him that I landed at the airfield in order to gas up. Meanwhile the airborne KC tanker made an emergency landing at the field which seemed to hamper the Defectors pattern. The tanker apparently suffered damage from a refueling mishap and was missing some of his rudder. There were two smoking hole in the region of the tanker orbit. Anyway I got airborne and stayed overhead the Defector who was orbiting the field with his gear down the last time I looked before getting a notification that the mission failed after he crashed into the ground.

Regardless, I really enjoyed the mission concept and design and was surprised that such a thing was even possible. Amazing!

I also was at a loss at how to command my wingman on mission 15:

After I dropped all my GBU's I didn't know how to get my wingman to follow suit. I stayed in contact with Moombeam, and called out "Laser on" ,but the wingman just followed me around. And finally crashed for some reason. Fortunately, my three bombs were effective, and the F 16 came in to finish the AAA task on my call. BTW: Great secondary or back up capability designed into the mission to finally get all done. I was grateful that the other Ai players were available to assist when it was apparent that I alone couldn't handle the current and new assignments. Great job done by the mission designer.

Had a bit of a problem on mission 13:

The Chevy flight tasked with bombing the runway did not drop their bombs and I was wondering if I was suppose to command them to do so. While contemplating that I was shot down by the pop up bandits. I jumped into my wingmans plane as he was heading home, and finished my part of the mission. Once I destroyed a few parked planes the script said the guys who were suppose to clobber the runway had done a good job (as they were heading home with their bombs.) :)

I would say my biggest problems were com related. On a number of flights I had to return to Nellis without going through the fixed waypoints and think I must have missed some com trigger because I was essentially NORDO for the the rest of the flight. Even when I wasn't I also had a few flights where coms broke down at Nellis after landing and being told to contact ground. I would switch ground and get no further notifications. On one or two I did not get a mission complete notification despite taxing around all possible respots locations. However, in my opinion, these were only minor issues as it didn't affect my style of campaigning. I could move on regardless.

Although the problems problems with the AI mentioned above would appear to bode ill for the AI, I have to say that in general, I could only wish I would be able to fly as well as the AI. It became my practice to just get out of their way and let them get the job done in most cases. There's no way I could match their skill with look out doctrine, use of radar and weapons management. The AI literally saved me on the mission

Where I was tasked with taking out the airborne jammer. The mission plan was great, and I had fun flying it, but stupidly forgot to deselect my jettison button after dropping my fuel tank. While closing on the jammer I was shocked to see the Tomcat fly right over the top of us and then when I went to take a fox 1 on the jammer I couldn't understand why neither Matra's fired (They were jettisoned!), I quickly switched to the Magics and when they both fired off together it finally dawned on me to check the Jett button. To my great relief, my quick and skilled wingman nailed the jammer for the mission complete.

Thanks again for putting together an outstanding campaign that was a lot of fun!

Thanks for your kind words, I am really happy that you enjoyed the campaign!

As for the score for the poll it is not the score from the entire campaign, but the result of the last mission. It is based on your response to the question asked by one of the pilots how did you enjoy the campaign :)

As for the AI, yeah.. they still tend to do stupid things sometimes that I don't have full control over. I spent hours upon hours trying to tweak it with quite a good result in the end, but some problems like them hitting the ground or refusing to attack will happen from time to time.

And radios - I know they can be confusing, but the way they are modelled should also be quite realistic. And yes, you should follow your flight plan as otherwise you could miss some of the conversations.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Hey Baltic Dragon,

do you have contact to ED ?

would you bring these "realistic" procedures and radio experience to the ingame functionallity ?

do you know what i mean ? :smilewink:

too much ...

This campaign was another work of art by Baltic Dragon, thank-you very much for the challenges and fun. By far the most realistic and challenging experience on DCS so far.

The Gazelle was a very interesting foe, one I will never underestimate again. The CSAR mission was excellent, so as everything else. On the AAA kill mission (M15) my wingman didn`t want to participate (laser was on, engage command replied with roger). He finally decided to RTB after I told him to engage primary and RTB, and I took matters to my own hands (gunned down the last AAA).

The few critiques I have would be unrelated to your work: AI flight skills lacking during formation flying and combat (especially against ground targets). The Nevada terrain is a bit blander than the Caucasus. Computer performance (I would love to have a low-resolution version with fewer static things during startup), as well as a few CTD`s after departure. Finally, two or three times the trigger for approach communication did not work for me with no consequences (landed without ATC).

One improvement I can think is adding a chart with all the areas explained as I am still uncertain where muddy peak, 76, 74C, or some other regions are, and R-4808A is not on aviation charts (just the larger R-4808N). It would benefit from a bigger map with all the training areas outlined. I was also unfamiliar with the recovery procedures (ALMO, ARCOE, APEX, etc) since this is my first Red Flag. I look forward to the next one. And, again, thank-you for the work, it was awesome!

Edited by joca133
added spoiler wrap

Hey! Many thanks for your kind words.

As for M15 - if the wingman refuses to engage you have to lead him towards the targets first, go a bit lower and wait until he spots them / calls them out. After that he will attack normally.

As for trigger for approach goes, it may be related with not following the flight plan, but it may as well be a bug. If anyone has trouble like this, let me know in which mission!

Good idea with the charts, I'll see what I can do!

Hi Baltic Dragon. I love this campaign, a very very nice job congratulation! I would like to know: What does it take to get 100% success at missions? The debriefing during the RTB indicates that the mission is successful but I have 85% success. After landing when I switch channel 3 (Ground) nothing happens? Thank you for your reply. Kam

Can anyone help me with mission 10. I’ve played it multiple times and after the Tornados complete their attack and head to WP6 it’s radio silence for the remainder of the flight. They end up flying around in circles instead of landing and eventually crash. Even if I land the mission still fails.

Can anyone help me with mission 10. I’ve played it multiple times and after the Tornados complete their attack and head to WP6 it’s radio silence for the remainder of the flight. They end up flying around in circles instead of landing and eventually crash. Even if I land the mission still fails.

I will look into it but please post bugs in Bugs and Problems section, I want to keep this one clean for feedback. Thanks!

Edited by baltic_dragon

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

I finished the campaign yesterday evening. Well, there’s not much to say: a really great campaign! Congratulation @ baltic_dragon for the amazing work!

I have also flew both the F-15C and the A-10C Red Flag campaign by ED, but definitely the M2K Red Flag is the best.

I had some minor problem with some missions, but always related to missing triggers or AI bugs (like the one posted by Klunker in mission 14). At the end, I was able to hit a score of 97 for the entire campaign (100 for the M16).

No problems with radios management, except for mission 1, where I have felt “lost” a little until I have understood correctly how it worked.

The missions I have preferred are n°8, 12 (very funny the DRYAD part), 13 and 14.

The most challenging one? Probably M10, with those Gazzeles…:shocking:

A mention to dialogues and voiceovers, well wrote and executed!

Looking forward to more campaigns Baltic! Meanwhile I will play The Georgian War and The Enemy Within :joystick::megalol:

I hope everything I wrote above is clear, I’m not so good with English! :blush:

CONFIG: CASE: Sharkoon M25-W "Mod" - MB: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS - CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - RAM: 2x8 Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 Mhz - GPU: Asus GeForce ROG STRIX GTX1070 O8G Gaming - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 Gb - OS: Win 10 PRO 64 bit

MODULES: F-5 - F-16 - F/A-18 - A-10C - AV-8B - M-2000C - UH-1H - KA-50 - FC3 - NTTR Map - Persian Gulf Map :joystick:

As usual, fantastic campaign.

Gazelles are tough nuts to crack,

one little difficulty also:

I could not manage to get the other aircraft to land in Lincoln: I had to land short on petrol, and he did not follow.

However , the intercept was a great episode,e specially with the right skin on:

7kls5fbhf887yf27g.jpg

Thanks you for this great campaign

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

• 2 weeks later...