Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capt Zeen could you update the download on your site with the init.luas you are using, since the original ones broke in the last DCS beta update?

I'm curious to try what you are using, since I could not fix the thick lines even after following your steps.

Even after removing everything from your package and just using default RIGHT and LEFT_MFCD in monitor config, the lines are very thick, so it could even be a problem with DCS resolution (using 3440x1440+1920x1080 for Helios) that ED have to fix.

I have to change the values in MDG_strokesDefs.lua or set "shaderLineParamsUpdatable = false" but the result is not as good as before the patch.

Regarding the RWR, I have it on a fairly legible level though I feel it might be better...

In /Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Scripts/TEWS/indicator/RWR_ALR67_init.lua I changed it to

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 3.0

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 1.0

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

I can read it on the second screen though I would like it to be thicker still...

Still very thin and unusubale for me unfortunately...

Callsign   SETUP

Up Front Controller

Is there a way to pull the UFC from CAPT Z's helios profile and all the bindings at the same time and copy them to another profile?

I just want the UFC to show on my 2nd monitor. I know I could do it with of profiles like for the A10. But cant seem to with his profile. Thanks

Sure..

Just open the profile in Profile Editor, start another Profile Editor, make the basic setzings and copy the needed stuff over.

Other solution:

Strip the original profile down to your needs and adjust the monitor-settings.

Many ways to skin the cat... ;)

I had to crank mine up to 8 thickness and 4 fuzziness to make it legible, my RWR export is 300x300 though, not sure how big Zeens is. Try playing around with the values.

Thanks.

At 15 thickness I was comfortable...

Callsign   SETUP

Well, I exported the F18 instruments some weeks ago and, after some days off without touching my PC, I had found that the whole config I had stop working because the last updating. I've spent days trying to sort it out, reading the 16 pages of this post, but I'm not able to fix the issue. Now, I cannot see any instrument.

So, please CaptZeen, could you share with us a complete manual how to install your [great] profile fron the begining?( here or in your website) Instead of patching and overwriting luas. Some of us do not know what are we doing and will be useful start the installation again step by step :helpsmilie:

Thanks.

Felipius

Edited by Felipius

Hi CapT Zeen,

İs it possible to resize Dash Board instuments and MFDs and other things.Because i like to use my

3X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs ON my fouth monitor.So that my MFDs a little bit big to your profile.Try to edit it to resize and cant find a way to do it.

Thank you and thank you for your affort.

İts all for F-18 profile.

Hi CapT Zeen,

İs it possible to resize Dash Board instuments and MFDs and other things.Because i like to use my

3X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs ON my fouth monitor.So that my MFDs a little bit big to your profile.Try to edit it to resize and cant find a way to do it.

Thank you and thank you for your affort.

İts all for F-18 profile.

You can adjust the size of the viewport in the monitor config file.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

What Hud bug?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

When I export the displays, I find the HUD is reduced in size/brightness. To the extent that it becomes unreadable when looking through it into moderate sunlight. The MDI displays remaining on the main cockpit screen are also similarly reduced in size/thickness, although this is not such a problem.

What I ended up doing is going back to Capt Z's original lua files and his latest instructions had me delete one folder. That made everything very readable except for the RWR which I played around with the thickness etc. As far as the Hud, I use a tint mod and that seems to help a little.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hello guys...

I followed zeen instructions (in the readme.txt) letter by letter...

But i have a lot of issues:

1) only the left ddi is exported (i checked also without the helios profile started) but the graphics is unreadable.

2) when i touch buttons in cockpit nothing happens

3) the instruments don't move (adi/altimeter etc etc)

Double checked export.lua...viewport scripts in the mods/fa-18c ... The monitor lua file i did (modifyng capt zeen one) is with all the instruments in the correct position...

Don't know what i did wrong

Ps i am using the latest openbeta

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hello guys...

I followed zeen instructions (in the readme.txt) letter by letter...

But i have a lot of issues:

1) only the left ddi is exported (i checked also without the helios profile started) but the graphics is unreadable.

2) when i touch buttons in cockpit nothing happens

3) the instruments don't move (adi/altimeter etc etc)

Double checked export.lua...viewport scripts in the mods/fa-18c ... The monitor lua file i did (modifyng capt zeen one) is with all the instruments in the correct position...

Don't know what i did wronflg

Yesterday i updated the profile files on the site, if yours are olders, please dowload again.

Are you using more than 2 monitors? check the FAQ on the site, there is a bug in helios about this, there is the solution.

Yesterday i updated the profile files on the site, if yours are olders, please dowload again.

Are you using more than 2 monitors? check the FAQ on the site, there is a bug in helios about this, there is the solution.

Ok..i downloaded it some time ago but received my touch monitor only yesterday...so probably this is the issue.

Anyway i am using only 2 monitors..main one and touch under it

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Seems like 18 JUL 2018 update broke the RWR export, as well as some controls on the profile, like the Radar and INS knobs, as well as all of the stuff on the BTTM console (RWR, jammer and ECM toggles.)

I concur with Swigger.

OK, here you got the Fix for the OpenBeta.

ED changed the order of the devices from the number 38, so from that device number till the 56, all the buttons points to a wrong device numbers on the export.lua.

I fixed the problem in this new package.

You only really need to change the new export files from the package. No changes on the profile itself.

http://captzeen.com/helios/downloads.asp

Edited by Capt Zeen

I have to say that DCS is just not the same without your profiles.

Is there a fix for the super thick blurry lines on the exported ddi's ampcd in recent times.. just refired up the hornet and helios profile by captn zeen… downloaded latest profile etc from 19-Jul. no luck … any advice on losing the blur on the lines.

Cheers all.

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

Not working mate. I have the viewports working but none of the buttons work?

Copied your export.lua and the helios folder to .......\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

Any ideas?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir