Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

RWR problem.

Exported RWR, depending on the month specified in the mission, is better or worse visible. It is very visible in May and very weak in August. Has anyone seen it yet? In other aircraft there is no such effect, it surprised me a lot. Screenshots, same mission, only months changed.

1348937992_RWRaugust.thumb.jpg.24de00705f45ac589ee1e626ddac0c21.jpg

679670906_RWRmay.jpg.e04d9f47daecb6d3f355dcbe0363ddf7.jpg

Edited by padonis

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick solution concerning blurry fonts on the DDIs:

In ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

change the follwing values:

Old:

stroke_thickness = 0.8

stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

This will enhance the fonts and make them more readable.

Pls keep this in mind:

I have have neither tested more/other values nor influences on other fonts (HUD maybe?).

And do not to forget to set shaderLineDrawAsWire back to false. Zeen already made a headsup on this.

Otherwise the fonts will still look garbled, no matter what values you're going to use for the stroke_...

Maybe someone like to support here by testing other values?

Meanwhile I'm going to make a JSGME-file for that viewport stuff. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, this solution also reduces the clarity of lines and numbers on JHMCS - HMD :cry:

Hi, I would like to use an Ipad Pro for using helios and this profile...do someone knows how this is possible?

I Know there is an ipad app but it don't works very well and I uninstalled it and asked for a refund.

My idea is to use and ipad as a second monitor and the use helios, but these profile are only 16:10 or 16:9 is there a way to quickly convert to the iPad 2,388 x 1,668 format?

Thanks

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Unfortunately, this solution also reduces the clarity of lines and numbers on JHMCS - HMD :cry:

Blame ED and ask why it isn‘t basically fixed since months. ;)

The time I discovered this workaround, the JHMCS wasn‘t even at the horizon...

Nevertheless: Thx for the hint!

Hi,

I've done everything and the panel appears in my fourth (lower) monitor, however it's not showing anything in the mfds, or any other display/gauge on this panel. The mostly work, but all the displays are empty. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be happening???

Thanks.

I have been out of this for awhile but I experienced this many times myself, likely due to monitor config file? For starters, I would suggest running DCS without Helios running just to see if any of your exports are appearing any where?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 2 weeks later...

1) I just tested your download link and it works fine and opens fine with WinRar 5.30.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hey guys, i just started flying the F18 and downloaded Capt Zeen's helios profile and everything and all the viewports aren't showing on my Helios Monitor, they're just blank boxes. I read the fix on the first page of this thread but I'm a bit lost. Does anyone have a how to, step by step, on how to export these views to show on the helios monitor? My helios monitor is 1920x180. Thanks!

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

Having trouble turning knobs in the profile.

How do the knobs/rotaries work? Is there a touch area on the left and right side that you just click(doesn't work for me). Of do you flip your finger/mouse up/down? Or left/right? Or in a circle(seems to work "sometimes")?

What is the best way to move your finger/mouse to make a dial turn clockwise or counterclockwise?

Argg.. :cry:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Hey guys, i just started flying the F18 and downloaded Capt Zeen's helios profile and everything and all the viewports aren't showing on my Helios Monitor, they're just blank boxes. I read the fix on the first page of this thread but I'm a bit lost. Does anyone have a how to, step by step, on how to export these views to show on the helios monitor? My helios monitor is 1920x180. Thanks!

Did you setup the MonitorConfig correctly, and set your game Resolution and Monitor to that setup? Did you read the 'Troubleshooting' section of the first post?

Did you setup the MonitorConfig correctly, and set your game Resolution and Monitor to that setup? Did you read the 'Troubleshooting' section of the first post?

No, cause as I said in my original post, I'm lost and need a step by step how to, as in something that a newbie will understand. Yes, I read the troubleshooting section of the first post, but again, I don't understand it.

" Check if you installed the files in the correct place" Which files and where's the correct place???

" I recommend to you use JSGME or OVGME to do the job" I have no idea what these are.

" Then edit the MonitorSetup file to adjust the viewports to your monitor configuration. (2_monitors-FA18C.lua )" I know where that file is in the folder that CaptZeen made but no idea what to edit in the file and what to put.

I'm running 4 monitors in a T formation. Triple monitors for my main view and then the 4th monitor is below the triple monitor setup for helios. The resolution in DCS is 7680x1440 for the triple monitors. My 4th monitor, the Helios monitor is a 1920x1080 monitor.

Any help broken down in dummie/newbie terms would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

No, cause as I said in my original post, I'm lost and need a step by step how to, as in something that a newbie will understand. Yes, I read the troubleshooting section of the first post, but again, I don't understand it.

" Check if you installed the files in the correct place" Which files and where's the correct place???

" I recommend to you use JSGME or OVGME to do the job" I have no idea what these are.

" Then edit the MonitorSetup file to adjust the viewports to your monitor configuration. (2_monitors-FA18C.lua )" I know where that file is in the folder that CaptZeen made but no idea what to edit in the file and what to put.

I'm running 4 monitors in a T formation. Triple monitors for my main view and then the 4th monitor is below the triple monitor setup for helios. The resolution in DCS is 7680x1440 for the triple monitors. My 4th monitor, the Helios monitor is a 1920x1080 monitor.

Any help broken down in dummie/newbie terms would be greatly appreciated.

As you've pointed out, it is a bit complicated, especially to a new user. Do you have everything else working? Helios and the profile and all the gauges work? And all you need is to get these viewports working? I ask because then I know your level of understand so I can help better.

The Correct place that he refers to is your DCS game folder. His instructions state this here:

included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder.

If you don't know what JSGME or OvGME are, then you could have searched, found them, and learned about them.

Editing the MonitorSetup lua file is not explained well. There are many posts about it on the forums. he want's you to edit the X, Y, Width, and Height variables of where you want each viewport to appear on you system.

I am running 4 monitors like you in a T formation. My Res is a bit different though. If you PM me with more questions I will be happy to help so we don't fill up this thread. If you use Teamspeak we could get on that and I could explain better. :thumbup:

Snacko

I agree, this is a complicated learning curve as the instructions are scattered about. I had to do alot of Google searching to figure this out. Youtube has good Introductions to Helios setup, and the Readme file that is included if this F18 profile will lead you in the right direction.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

As you've pointed out, it is a bit complicated, especially to a new user. Do you have everything else working? Helios and the profile and all the gauges work? And all you need is to get these viewports working? I ask because then I know your level of understand so I can help better.

The Correct place that he refers to is your DCS game folder. His instructions state this here:

If you don't know what JSGME or OvGME are, then you could have searched, found them, and learned about them.

Editing the MonitorSetup lua file is not explained well. There are many posts about it on the forums. he want's you to edit the X, Y, Width, and Height variables of where you want each viewport to appear on you system.

I am running 4 monitors like you in a T formation. My Res is a bit different though. If you PM me with more questions I will be happy to help so we don't fill up this thread. If you use Teamspeak we could get on that and I could explain better. :thumbup:

Snacko

PM helps no other people like the same questions.

Thanx

:notworthy:

PM helps no other people like the same questions.

Thanx

Plenty of threads and videos about all of this if you look. Then you would see how much typing, screenshots and videos we don't need to reproduce here.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Hello all.

Right now i am in the mainland, in holidays. I come back home next week.

Then, I am going to make a video tutorial about how install Helios and the profiles for newbies.

At last thank you.

please note to add the troubleshooting .

İ ve only onse did it all.

Than i lost everything.

May be you can add e toucscreen users

Again thanx mate.