HSI target designate

Essah

The Target designate option on the HSI page lets you set a stearpoint as a target to mark it on the HUd with a diamond, however it is undesignated as soon as you change starpoint away, forcing you to do the designation just when you hit IP and have very little time to worry about going heads down. Very inconvenient. I would much prefer to set it up on the ground and fly my mission. Is this a bug or is this how it's supposed to function?

It's really just one OSB press to designate the waypoint as a target waypoint, which takes a second.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

The Target designate option on the HSI page lets you set a stearpoint as a target to mark it on the HUd with a diamond, however it is undesignated as soon as you change starpoint away, forcing you to do the designation just when you hit IP and have very little time to worry about going heads down. Very inconvenient. I would much prefer to set it up on the ground and fly my mission. Is this a bug or is this how it's supposed to function?

You can also designate it on the ground; it's pretty simple. Go to your HSI, then click on "DATA" - typically found on the upper-right OSB button.

Next click on "WPSEQUFC" (Waypoint Sequence UFC) found on the left side of the DDI/AMPCD at the bottom.

Next, look up to your UFC and click on the radial button beside TGT. Now enter the number referencing the waypoint number you want to designate as the target and press enter. A box will now appear around that waypoint and it will be set as a TGT.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

You can also designate it on the ground; it's pretty simple. Go to your HSI, then click on "DATA" - typically found on the upper-right OSB button.

Next click on "WPSEQUFC" (Waypoint Sequence UFC) found on the left side of the DDI/AMPCD at the bottom.

Next, look up to your UFC and click on the radial button beside TGT. Now enter the number referencing the waypoint number you want to designate as the target and press enter. A box will now appear around that waypoint and it will be set as a TGT.

Thanks. I was able to set the stearpoint as target this way, but I still had to select designate on the HSI to get the Auto bombing fall line to appear. I also did not see a box on the target.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I was able to set the stearpoint as target this way, but I still had to select designate on the HSI to get the Auto bombing fall line to appear. I also did not see a box on the target.

What is the purpose of designating a stearpoint as target in the HSI data page? It does not seem to have any effect besides putting a box around the stearpoint number.

You should see a diamond on the ground for the coords you input. I'll have to try it again to see if it is fully implemented.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The UFC TGT, I think, is for setting TOT (Time On Target) settings. You configure TOT then select a 'TGT' stearpoint for the TOT configurations to apply to. It's in one of Wags' videos. I'm not sure that it has the function of actually designating a stearpoint as a target in addition to what I wrote.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

If you box WPDSG you will see a diamond on the ground. I guess it will become more important in the future with more functions. Slewing your sensors to the target area initially will be very helpful.

You should see a diamond on the ground for the coords you input. I'll have to try it again to see if it is fully implemented.

No, the dimaond appears if you click designate on the HSI page, but the target command set from the HSI-Data page does not appear to have any effect. You can get the diamond on the ground for any regular waypoint