Locking on a Bandit

gizmo

Hi All,

Let me apologise first if this question sounds really dumb but i cant seem to lock on a target. Where is the key binding for the lock target? I only can find “Undersignate” but I’m unsure if that’s meant for the target or for the NWS. Would appreciate some guidance please .

Thank you very much.

Regards

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

• 5 months later...

Which TDC button exactly though? There is no distinct tdc button but 4 ways to designate.

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base w/ VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Mk. IV Ultimate | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Winwing VIPER MIP | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO 

The correct button for locking a specific brick is Sensor Select Right (AACQ) - if you use TDC depress and there are two bricks on the same azimuth separated by distance, you run the risk of locking up the wrong target (TDC depress just does a spotlight search and locks anything within 20 degrees of the TDC, AACQ when your TDC is over a brick will lock that specific brick).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has 2.5.6 broken A2A target locking? If a bandit is placed between the TDC cue and Sensor Control Right is pressed, it does it's own thing and finds a bandit 90nm away and ignores the bandit inside the TDC cue?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Maybe check out the "realistic TDC slew" option on the Special tab of the settings. IIRC, having that checked means that you need to hold the button depressed while you move the slew stick around and this was unreliable with at least the WH HOTAS. Having the check box cleared, makes the TDC depress act as it does in the A10c, so slew the box over the target and then depress the TDC to lock.

This may be the same for your HOTAS and the update may have set the option to on.

Hi All,

Let me apologise first if this question sounds really dumb but i cant seem to lock on a target. Where is the key binding for the lock target? I only can find “Undersignate” but I’m unsure if that’s meant for the target or for the NWS. Would appreciate some guidance please .

Thank you very much.

Regards

Hi Gizmo, if you are using the Warthog Throttle to TDC Slew and Depress to Lock, here's a video with some good settings for the TDC to make it more realistic and easier to use.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm using the X56. Have tried realistic TDC checked and unchecked. The radar is doing some random locking. Try the 8 vs 8 and see for yourself. Noticed, the AIM120 is showing "LOST" right off the rail too, even with a diamond lock box.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

The correct button for locking a specific brick is Sensor Select Right (AACQ) - if you use TDC depress and there are two bricks on the same azimuth separated by distance, you run the risk of locking up the wrong target (TDC depress just does a spotlight search and locks anything within 20 degrees of the TDC, AACQ when your TDC is over a brick will lock that specific brick).

This is what I want the radar to perform like. Currently, place your TDC over a brick and radar, just goes and locks whatever it likes off to the right or left.

My Hangar:

My Spec:

you have that backwards.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.