Throttle help

No.3_Spit

In the Case 1 instant action mission or Field landing Training missions

Reduce throttle to 250 knots

Soon as I engage flaps and gear the aircraft dumps into the drink?

It happens every time and very dynamic.

BTW I get the system of control here and yanking on the stick being contra to recovery.

if you attempt to recover as I say you have no flight path left

I can occasionally save with full throttle and maybe get 200 ft attitude with the E above the mid line. then fight to eventually smash into the back of the carrierLOL

I have a high probability of landing on field or deck by not lowering flaps ( gear) but miss the wires alot. I also seem to get a functioing ATC if I don't use flaps as well!!

Is this happening to you?

I use Thrustmaster Warthog also VR headset

Throttle is set in axis (left) and also (right)

Flap are set to 3 way Flap switch on Throttle base. (up) (down)

P.S Please don't refer me to some Beta testers video.

I just want to know if its a problem for others or if the problem can be overcome in a setting.

uh yeah? when the hornet gets dirty it gets really dirty.

you're likely not noticing just how fast you decelerate to below 130kt and stall out.

be mentally prepared to to push up the throttle a whole lot to keep yourself up in the air.

The throttle isn't set for an airspeed, especially during the landing phase; which at that point the throttle is adjusted (and constantly so) to alter descent rate followed by pitch, pitch being adjusted to control airspeed.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Hornet is a different breed altogether. I had issues until I understood what I was doing wrong. I have checked off (I sadly log what I do) over 100 airfield landings and have yet to try a carrier recovery.

When you settle in on the downwind leg you no longer care about airspeed. Just focus on the E bracket. As you roll wings level you should already be bringing gear and flaps down and throttling up to nearly mil power, if not you are already well behind the power curve. It is call a "power approach" for a reason.

Hi No.3_Spit,

Have a really good read and watch the video in this thread To understand how the hornet is configured when landing. It is very alien, even to very professional IRL pilots, no one generally fly's this way, except the united states navy (USN).

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Hi, I think you might be talking about this reported bug, watch this video starting at about 5:20 and see what the real pilot says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynUj60zicDw

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

In the Case 1 instant action mission or Field landing Training missions

Soon as I engage flaps and gear the aircraft dumps into the drink?

It happens every time and very dynamic.

BTW I get the system of control here and yanking on the stick being contra to recovery.

if you attempt to recover as I say you have no flight path left

I can occasionally save with full throttle and maybe get 200 ft attitude with the E above the mid line. then fight to eventually smash into the back of the carrierLOL

I have a high probability of landing on field or deck by not lowering flaps ( gear) but miss the wires alot. I also seem to get a functioing ATC if I don't use flaps as well!!

Is this happening to you?

I use Thrustmaster Warthog also VR headset

Throttle is set in axis (left) and also (right)

Flap are set to 3 way Flap switch on Throttle base. (up) (down)

P.S Please don't refer me to some Beta testers video.

I just want to know if its a problem for others or if the problem can be overcome in a setting.

Need for speed post, I was accused of not knowing the plane. However this is a similar post where there is a lack of power or response from throttle inputs. A bug????

I am going to subscribe to AEW and watch his videos.

I recommend others do too! - sticky that video link

.......just some folks should think about what they make as instructional content a lot of sim people over love their product and go to extremes to rationalise it.

Thanks for the responses I’d suggest the discussion was fully answered by Tusler :thumbup:

I am going to subscribe to AEW and watch his videos.

I recommend others do too! - sticky that video link

.......just some folks should think about what they make as instructional content a lot of sim people over love their product and go to extremes to rationalise it.

Thanks for the responses I’d suggest the discussion was fully answered by Tusler :thumbup:

Have you watched Jabbers - DCS World - F/A-18 - Case I Carrier Recovery Tutorial?

I'm not saying the flight modelling still doesn't need a little tweaking perhaps? It certainly not far off tho and many are able to get some very good patterns in with on speed AOA from what I've seen. Most of the time I have found it's because some don't understand why they have to land this way and stall out. It's because there is a very fine line between stalling and flying using this NAVY backside technique, that's why it's alien to very experience IRL pilots also.

More info here about flying backside technique

Also make sure your weight is under 33,000 pounds

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

uh yeah? when the hornet gets dirty it gets really dirty.

you're likely not noticing just how fast you decelerate to below 130kt and stall out.

be mentally prepared to to push up the throttle a whole lot to keep yourself up in the air.

I've noticed the Hornet's "Magic 130 Knots" phenomenon myself. Above that, it wants to be an airplane, below that, it wants to be a subway car :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

regardless of the state of the fm, the plane is perfectly flyable and perfectly landable because heck if you really know how flying works you can land any plane.

Need for speed post, I was accused of not knowing the plane.
still waiting on that replay of yours...

Oh heck hell, she is a beast LoL.

never had a module that challenging on the throttle and "thinking ahead" becomes a new meaning.

Fly ahead of the bird..or it will fly you_into the soup.

I did 1 carrier landing, 1st one in years and I dunno how but I survived and the plane too. I honestly think my next 20 attempts will be a good laugh, this is damn hard and luck is not always my friend.

THIS is fun.

Easy is lame, hard is fun.

Her and the Mi-8, both are "not easy" and thus make DCS what it is, the reference.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Guys

I have tested and tested on the Case 1 mission Persian Gulf.

I may not have a carrier qualification but earned a submariners badge!:)

TRUCK MASTER! I MAY NEED THAT SOME DAY

BUT if you make sure IMMORTAL is not selected then it is a fairer fight with the FCS..................

Edited by No.3_Spit