DB_Countries.Lua

Mr_sukebe

Hi, hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

In short, I'm looking to facilitate the creation of an "allies" group and a kind of "axis" group.

For those two countries, I was thinking of simply giving them access to all kit in game, i.e. all ships, aircraft, weapons etc. Just saves having to muck about creating coalitions.

My understanding is that the DB_Countries.lua can be edited to achieve this.

I've opened it up (using Notepad++) and conducted a simple edit, allowing a country to have a set of ships that it shouldn't normally have. So that works fine.

My questions are around some of the ships that I'm expecting to see, but can't. For example, there's no Stennis or Tarawa in the DB_Countries.lua. So how are they controlled?

Of course option B is that if anyone has already done what I'm looking for, i.e. given a couple of countries access to everything, and are happy to upload the DB, that would be awesome.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The DCS Ships are allocated within the countires.lua, so adding them to a new 'country', or 'coalition' is quite easy, as you already know.

I do this using a small JSGME Mod that I have set up for myself, but each update tends to make small changes to the core lua so you have to be very careful to check what has changed each time.

The problem you have identified comes from non DCS ships. In that case you have to go to the Mod itself, find the lua for that ship within the mod and look for a line that looks like this:

GT.Countries = { "France",};

This line means this ship will only show up under France. To change that simply do this, add some dashes, that stops the game reading that line so now this ship will show up in every country, by default.

----GT.Countries = { "France",};

Some of the Mods are very complicated, you might have to look really hard to see where that element of the allocation is within an lua.