Very slow download

Hi

I am trying update my Beta version and the download starts off at the sorts of speeds that I would expect (about 3MB/s) for the first set of files and then, every time, suddenly drops to about 3 - 5Kbp/s.

This is the first time that I have had this problem. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

Any thoughts / ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. I have tried downloading the update several times over several days so it doesn't seem to just be an internet connection glitch. Everything else seems to be coming downstream as normal.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

How many peers in the torrent? The more peers, the faster the download. If not many are downloading, the download is slower.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

There were about 50 which is the same amount as for the beginning part that rocketed down. It just gets to a certain amount of download and slows to a crawl - I tried it again yesterday and, at some points, it was as slow as 0.3Kbp/s.

I tried hitting cancel and it appears to crash - it tells me that it's disconnecting from the swarm but nothing else happens, it just sits there with the progress bar full and that message for, as far as I can see, ever.

There was no indication that it had switched successfully to an HTTP download.

It's odd.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Hmmm, when you hit "cancel," it will disconnect from the swarm , and continue downloading by http.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Well, theoretically. I have never done it, so I don't know what it looks like, but there is nothing to show that it is working that way.

Yep. That's exactly what happens.

I'm just hoping that the problem is something to do with the updater and that it will fix itself in the next update. There's no reason for the problem to have started, with luck it will just go away.

i agree hate these large updates mine is still going stuck on 48 percent for the past 7 hours, and i have downloaded large downbload from other flight sims addons eg rex sky force etc with no issues, its only related to dcs iam having issues with

yea finally got it downloaded and installed went the long way around it, after it was stalled at 48 percent for ages and ages had to cancel the download and restarted pc than restarted the download and than took about a hour to download the other 50 percent

• 3 months later...
I have Gig internet. Speed tests are 930MB/s Down and Up. I am reinstalling DCS on a new PC and I'm only getting 0.7Mb/s DL Rate. There must be a better way. I have 20 more GB's to go. At this rate I won't be done for days!

Your internet speeds are pointless, you can only download as fast as it is served. Ideally you want to be one of the first to start the download to get the best speeds. I have Gig service as well and unpacking the download for install took longer than actually downloading it for me.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I have the same problem and never had issues before with updating.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

• 2 years later...
On 6/10/2018 at 4:51 PM, Balzarog said:

How many peers in the torrent? The more peers, the faster the download. If not many are downloading, the download is slower.

Well I bought MSFS2020  and it took Me 3 days to download 170GIGS at 5-7 MBps.  Right now I am DL'ing 2.7 at 700KBps like normal.
why do people in the US seem to get such slow bad speeds ?   Are We downloading this from Russia ?    You know tons of people are
downloading 2.7 as it was just released today.....    so Your theory about more peers and a faster download cant be true.....   I know peers
are listed on some torrent sites, but I am not familiar with DCS and if they use PORTS that can be changed to help DL speeds ?

It's the same for me. If I were to download something on steam I get 14 megabytes a second, but the update through the standalone version? 0.8 megabytes a second. It's PAINFULLY slow. Tried restarting it a number of times too, changed nothing.

Something has to be wrong with the updater or something, I should not be downloading this slow.

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

53 minutes ago, Flappie said:

That did the trick! Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

I have extremely slow download, between 457kb/s to 0.5mb/s.  Made sure Windows auto-tuning was on (it already was) and no change.  

I have attached my autoupdate_log.txt file for reference.  It's always been like this, but never this slow.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

autoupdate_log.txt

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

I switched to stand alone befre the update so ED would get more of my money, boy that was a mistake.

My updater has been running for over 24hours... currently at around 65% complete, downloading at around 160kb/s. Wish I had stuck with Steam.

Edit: I just tried the Auto-Tuning thing above, then restarted. Now it's going much faster. Pity I didn't come in here yesterday.

Edited by Savvy

• 4 weeks later...