M.C.G.M.-Massive Combat Game Mode (SP/CO-OP) Persian Gulf

Hey, i've won the campaign. Took only 90 minutes. one playtest, one save load. Should i have won by capturing Al Moktuim (not even sure my last Surviving Abrams did it)? Or is it supposed to end after said 2 hour Limit?

Additional Info:

-Edited the DCS missionscripting file to deactivate 2 sanetize lines

-Changed all the Directories in the Campaign File to match my D: Games Drive

-Little Typo in Mission Name <Mas"S"ive> and description Text <man"A"ge>

-Made note to myself to re-edit after DCS Updates

Thanks for the feedback the campaign should only end when you capture Fujairah Int airbase. So I gotta look into this. But after 2 hours the mission should end on its own to just clean things up but you should still be able to continue the campaign still. So your saying the when the mission ended after two hours on its own it said Campaign Complete and you had to restart or were you able to continue the campaign?

Edited by A Hamburgler

No. It is completed. Took the screenshot after i had to quit playing. Some Kind of congratulations pic showed up, and then the screen i posted.

Will retry saturday.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

No. It is completed. Took the screenshot after i had to quit playing. Some Kind of congratulations pic showed up, and then the screen i posted.

Will retry saturday.

Ok that seems to be an issue ill have to look into. Did the mission automatically end or did you quit it your self?

Is there a prerequisite for this (i did everything from readme file) and for open beta version that is not on c:...But after starting the mission it just crashes after few seconds?

Update: something is with f-18c - when i selected a-10c, i got inside coockpit, and after few minutes i got crash

Faulting application name: DCS.exe, version: 2.5.2.19273, time stamp: 0x5b3e274b

Faulting module name: edCore.dll, version: 2.5.2.19273, time stamp: 0x5b05b008

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000011339

Faulting process id: 0x3814

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4156c08d493f7

Faulting application path: w:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe

Faulting module path: w:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\edCore.dll

Report Id: 13a3ee16-b911-4e86-84a1-a3e98a5a294a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

or did you quit it your self?

This.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Is there a prerequisite for this (i did everything from readme file) and for open beta version that is not on c:...But after starting the mission it just crashes after few seconds?

I run it on Vanilla DCS open beta.

Specs:

Update: something is with f-18c - when i selected a-10c, i got inside coockpit, and after few minutes i got crash

Faulting application name: DCS.exe, version: 2.5.2.19273, time stamp: 0x5b3e274b

Faulting module name: edCore.dll, version: 2.5.2.19273, time stamp: 0x5b05b008

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000011339

Faulting process id: 0x3814

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4156c08d493f7

Faulting application path: w:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe

Faulting module path: w:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\edCore.dll

Report Id: 13a3ee16-b911-4e86-84a1-a3e98a5a294a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This sounds like an actual game problem not the mission it self try the MP version and let me know.

I run it on Vanilla DCS open beta.

Ok thanks for the info I’ll look into.

This sounds like an actual game problem not the mission it self try the MP version and let me know.

Ok thanks for the info I’ll look into.

I tried mp version on vanilla open beta latest update... I can get in cockpit but after few seconds dcs crashes

I tried the same with full game vanilla Nd it also crashes

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hm, something is really not working on my side.

-Start new campaign

-exit (End Mission)

-continue campaign

No ground units loaded, no airborne units loaded.

-exit (End Mission)

-Congrats you have won the campaign.

Add. Info

After todays patch i have tried mission with deselecting the 2 "Sanetize" as advised and even deselecting the third one (by inserting --)

I am beginning to think, it maybe not enough to edit the File paths in MCGM DC.cmp.

Any Clues?

cmp.thumb.jpg.2131f289fabf6ef5a4d3fa82de53fad4.jpg

Edited by Foss

Specs:

Hm, something is really not working on my side.

-Start new campaign

-exit (End Mission)

-continue campaign

No ground units loaded, no airborne units loaded.

-exit (End Mission)

-Congrats you have won the campaign.

Add. Info

After todays patch i have tried mission with deselecting the 2 "Sanetize" as advised and even deselecting the third one (by inserting --)

I am beginning to think, it maybe not enough to edit the File paths in MCGM DC.cmp.

Any Clues?

Well until I fix the issue you can load the missions manually by just selecting in the mission tab. Just load the original mission first then after load the ongoing mission.

Also when you load into a mission make sure wait a couple minutes for everything to load before exiting.

Edited by A Hamburgler

Hey Hamburgler,

Persistence still not working for me, which I am sad about because I'd love to give this a real whirl. What I am doing...

1) Start New Campaign

2) Buy defenses at Al Dhafra, until I get to 100 resource points left.

3) Wait 10-15 seconds

4) Quit Mission (I can see a cmd prompt like window come up, and close)

5) In the next screen, hit End Mission

Then I continue the Campaign, and it looks a completely different status from the one that I left. In fact, it's just reverting to how the SP Ongoing mission you provide looks like (375/500 points at Al Dafhra, has two troops near Al Makhoum moving into the airfield).

I have added the provided files in the right place (for me it is D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Missions\Campaigns\), as you saw from my earlier pictures in the thread. I have also edited the MCGM DC.cmp file to contain the right file pointers (https://pastebin.com/X4ZsUADA) and also edited the D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua file to comment out the two lines in the readme, so it now reads: https://pastebin.com/LJ2h3D4e

Any clue what else is going on? Is for some reason one of the scripts inside MissionFiles folder expecting to be pointed to the C: drive or something? I am at a loss at what to do at this point, and I really want to give this a go.

EDIT: Just tried doing the same thing through MP (launching the first SP mission, then move to the 2nd SP mission) or using the MP mission and it isn't working. :/

Edited by Morod
Added more details

Sorry about this I’m going to take a look and see what’s causing the issue for The mission not saving over. I have been busy over the week but I’ll take a look tomorrow and hopefully get a hot fix out tomorrow. Please provide as much information as possible. Do a fresh install of the campaign and start the campaign and let everything load and spawn in a random unit or somthing to keep track of. Then quit and see if the Ongoing mission .miz was created if so play it and if nothing was saved over from your first mission open the .miz and open the Data.lua and let me know if it’s blank or has a huge amount of text aka all the unit info.

Edited by A Hamburgler

Hi there

-Did fresh overwrite of the files in Su25T-Missions-Campaigns

-Edited the File paths to match my D: Drive

-Started Campaign

-Joined as Tactical Chief Slot

-placed M1 Tank to attack El Matoum

-exit Mission, hit green End Mission

-Verified, Ongoing.miz has actual Time of save

-Opened ongoing.miz , checked Data.lua inside, it has Unit Infos, US and RU ones

-continued campaign, waited for everything to load (why is there a message "fujirah Intl can not spawn anymore SAMs":))

-Checked: Al Dhaffra has the Blue Units loaded / no blue carrier groups visible / started AI carrier SEAD Flight, it spawned airborne / My Attacking M1 Tank group from campaign Start not visible or not loaded, all my Resources back at 500 and 1000(HQ)

-can not Check Red Units, because Fog of war, the F5 Radio Menue to subscribe to tasks does not show up, the one time i saw it, it did not lift the fog of war, or marked Tasks

- Exit Mission again, Campaign finished "you have won" shows up

Edited by Foss

Specs:

Hi there

-Did fresh overwrite of the files in Su25T-Missions-Campaigns

-Edited the File paths to match my D: Drive

-Started Campaign

-Joined as Tactical Chief Slot

-placed M1 Tank to attack El Matoum

-exit Mission, hit green End Mission

-Verified, Ongoing.miz has actual Time of save

-Opened ongoing.miz , checked Data.lua inside, it has Unit Infos, US and RU ones

-continued campaign, waited for everything to load (why is there a message "fujirah Intl can not spawn anymore SAMs":))

-Checked: Al Dhaffra has the Blue Units loaded / no blue carrier groups visible / started AI carrier SEAD Flight, it spawned airborne / My Attacking M1 Tank group from campaign Start not visible or not loaded, all my Resources back at 500 and 1000(HQ)

-can not Check Red Units, because Fog of war, the F5 Radio Menue to subscribe to tasks does not show up, the one time i saw it, it did not lift the fog of war, or marked Tasks

- Exit Mission again, Campaign finished "you have won" shows up

figured out the problem. I forgot a file in the zip that literally creates the next mission with all the data. Just testing now then ill upload.

Update: Tests went good reuploading now!!

Edited by A Hamburgler

Missing file. Yes, that is explaining it. Imagine our faces trying to get it working:megalol:

Thanks for the Update. Will Download and Test monday.:thumbup:

Greetings Foss

Specs:

Still wont work for me... Tried open beta vanilla and public release 2.5...it just crashes after 1-5 seconds.. Please can somebody tell me if i need something else installed for this mod to work?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

It works for me, army and Ressources are carried over to next session. Nice work man.

Hreich: persian gulf map needed

Correct Installation including file path edits in mcgm.cmp and commenting out First lines starting with "sanetize..." in missionscripting.lua files by putting -- in Front.

Use notepad+ for file edits.

Edited by Foss

Specs:

Still wont work for me... Tried open beta vanilla and public release 2.5...it just crashes after 1-5 seconds.. Please can somebody tell me if i need something else installed for this mod to work?

Again this does not sound like a mission issue as this has not been reported by anyone else and I have never had happen my self. I would try a fresh install of the campaign and try the MP version too. I would also recommend running a repair on your game.

It works for me, army and Ressources are carried over to next session. Nice work man.

Hreich: persian gulf map

Good glad we got that straightened out. Thanks for your help man.

Strange.. I just deleted my dcs save game folder for open beta, repaired dcs world openbeta. And again crash when starting new campaign.. Tried mp also.. Doesnt work.. I managed to enter mission as commander than when selecting f18 slot it crashes.. When flying f18 in other missions everything works. I have persian gulf map

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Yeah, SP is working for me now too. Sometimes some crashes as a lot can be happening at once, but that's more on my end to sort out hahaha.
On dcs openbeta or public release?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Again this does not sound like a mission issue as this has not been reported by anyone else and I have never had happen my self. I would try a fresh install of the campaign and try the MP version too. I would also recommend running a repair on your game.

Good glad we got that straightened out. Thanks for your help man.

When starting campaign

what slot i must take?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Yeah, SP is working for me now too. Sometimes some crashes as a lot can be happening at once, but that's more on my end to sort out hahaha.

Let me know when it crashes because I have a pretty good pc so it can handle it but it may be caused by something else so just give me as much info as possible. But I was thinking about limiting units spawn to every 30 seconds. So a ground force attacking your base would normally spawn all at once put a 30 second limiter between the each group spawn to let you pc to catch up.

Strange.. I just deleted my dcs save game folder for open beta, repaired dcs world openbeta. And again crash when starting new campaign.. Tried mp also.. Doesnt work.. I managed to enter mission as commander than when selecting f18 slot it crashes.. When flying f18 in other missions everything works. I have persian gulf map

Weird never had a crash from 1-2 seconds in. You should be able to use any slot you want to. Send me your log after the crash so I can take a look at it.