Move and resize kneeboard

ScopeDope

For VR... Tilt please

For Customisation... Basic embedded web browser please

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Hey guys,

I wish to add a bit of feedback. It would be great as a VR user to be able to move it in a 3d plane not just 2d in front of me. That way I can move it wherever I want.

​​​​Secondly, a new knee board could be the chance to get rid of the menus using the f keys for refuelling/rearming, adding ground power, air, chocks etc. It could also provide added new features such as a M&B and click able checklist.

This would essentially treat it as a tablet, you could also have it so you can search icao codes, waypoint/beacon names to get frequencies and approach details etc.

​​Please look at the plugin for xplane called Avitab for inspiration.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

No, problem here. I use custom Multi-Screen setup and it works fine.

Check that you get a mouse cursor like the one for clicking Radio Menu items, to interact with the kneeboard.

Maybe your issue has something to do with full screen / window mode?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

When I saw the wip video of the new kneeboard features I was happy to see those changes implemented, however I was critical of how the window stretch behavior is applied. Resizing the window to a different aspect ratio shouldn’t distort and change the aspect ratio of its contents. It should act as a frame, and the contents fit to width or height with the option to drag inside if it exceeds one of the dimensions. It’s been a staple of UX. Imagine that something as simple and ubiquitous like pinching to zoom a picture or webpage in a smartphone would change the aspect ratio and scale unevenly. Oh, and please don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean for this criticism to be unfair, things are probably still in wip in that regard. Consider that it’s just my OCD talking :)

edit: A nice feature to complement that feature would be to add a button to lock/unlock the aspect ratio when resizing the window.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

Hey guys,

I wish to add a bit of feedback. It would be great as a VR user to be able to move it in a 3d plane not just 2d in front of me. That way I can move it wherever I want.

​​​​Secondly, a new knee board could be the chance to get rid of the menus using the f keys for refuelling/rearming, adding ground power, air, chocks etc. It could also provide added new features such as a M&B and click able checklist.

This would essentially treat it as a tablet, you could also have it so you can search icao codes, waypoint/beacon names to get frequencies and approach details etc.

​​Please look at the plugin for xplane called Avitab for inspiration.

It's funny this has been done by a third party in his spare time with VRKneeboard... yet seems ED cannot accomplish it.

• ED Team

I have reported an issue to the team with multi monitor which breaks the kneeboard. Hopefully the team will work it out soon.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I am getting a lot of feedback currently so thank you all, I will pass it to the team in a report soon.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

Thanks ED for the ability to move and resize the kneeboard. Now I don't have to edit .lua files. Is there a way to save the position/size of the kneeboard though? I have to move/resize every time I start a new mission.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

694937729_KNEEBOARDba.thumb.png.fb924469b584f71d452fd7d1fbfbee40.png 1004266283_KNEEBOARDMAPRESIZEDa.thumb.png.6fc62034ccf38cf736a08dc8b48ec998.png 1670544547_KNEEBOARDac.thumb.png.fee85d7b978b0c93c23e69eafb453d48.png

This is actually better than I thought it would be after watching BIGNEWY'S demo. Now the problem for me of squishy 800 x 1200 images is solved as all I do is drag out the left boarder to revert the image to it's original size or even bigger! It works beautifully! Look what I did with my mission map.. original 800 x 1200 looks lame ( & believe me I tried everything to make my image work within 800 x 1200 template, even working on my Laptop with lower res & various software tools with no results ) but then when I added it looking squished I thought "hang on maybe if I stretch it out with kneeboard feature it'll look normal & yep it worked as you can see. Text info is fine & fits nicely when viewing down to kneeboard & of course one can zoom in anyway & the drag & bookmarking all work fine. I'm so getting into this kneeboard thing now.. Awesome free addon! I'm stoked! Thank you big time ED this is a wonderful tool for all of us :thumbup:

982062002_KNEEBOARDab.thumb.png.c7ec081361fee43324fecc36af9ffb60.png

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Same, now the kneeboard renders not only out of my main screen but out of the whole rendering area and I cannot move or resize it either.
I'm having the same issue. No border, not able to interact with it at all except scroll through pages like previously. I've also removed all mods and done a refresh on my install too.
And I have a question... How do I move it? because moving the mouse cursor over the side, does not move anything. No change the cursor neither.. It is like the old one but without frame.

I have 3 screens render DCS. Maybe is that the reason?

Do you use Kneeboard Builder? Seems it causes issues, as it's messing with the DCS Kneeboard configuration.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

+1

- "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven"

Modules: A-4E-C Skyhawk, A-10C II Tank Killer, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier, F-14B Tomcat, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet, MIG-21 Fishbed, MIG-29, SU-27, SU-33

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier

Rig: i7 4790 / Nvidia GTX 1070 Strix / 16GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz / 256 GB SSD / Windows 10

Setup: ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle, Titanwolf "Vulture" Stick, DelanClip PRO, Home-made universal Cockpit panel

Do you use Kneeboard Builder? Seems it causes issues, as it's messing with the DCS Kneeboard configuration.

I use Kneeboard Builder and mine works fine, but I don't build complete custom kneeboards just custom pages which are then added to the normal kneeboard

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks for that. What would REALLY be good, would be the ability to define the position in a setting or a config, as it once used to be (in the MonitorSetup folder), or at least to set a default position, that ONLY relied on screenspace used by the 3d views. At the moment, and since forever, it takes into account the entire desktop width, the bane of all multi monitor users.

I had everything set up with a modded viewportHandling.lua, to force local x/y settings to make the Kneepad appear on the LH monitor, and since this update, got the separated window frame and map. Removing the mod defaults to placing the Kneepad on the extreme right, partially off screen on my 4th Non-3d view monitor, used for MFD displays only. Same as the above post, it is unmoveable & un-selectable - just like before the update.

Really, the problem is the way multiple monitors beyond the basic 3 are handled, or at least, how we must configure them. The config files are opaque at best. I really like being able to export my instruments to my MFDs, it is no problem for BMS. each 2d and 3d display gets an XY setting entered in a little GUI based setup app. perhaps that would be easier than altering the code of the main app?

The problem is there with our without mods active (including kneeboard builder) when using multiple displays with the main window spanning across monitors. No window controls visible and no resize or other controls. It's a DCS issue with this new feature for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

The problem is there with our without mods active (including kneeboard builder) when using multiple displays with the main window spanning across monitors. No window controls visible and no resize or other controls. It's a DCS issue with this new feature for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, interesting. Can other's with that issue confirm, they have the main screen across multiple monitors and NOT using Kneeboard Builder or similar mods/tools?

Because, we had one translator buddy with the same issue and we have the same multi screen setup.

One monitor for main view and a second 8" for MFD.

While it works for me he has that issue.

Shagrat

Ok, interesting. Can other's with that issue confirm, they have the main screen across multiple monitors and NOT using Kneeboard Builder or similar mods/tools?

I can confirm I have the same issue, despite cleanup/repair. Kneeboard appears as the old one, without the frame, and there is no way to resize and/or move it.

I have a main screen and a second 8'' LCD for MFD. No mods of any sort (except Tacview and SRS).

• ED Team

sorry all, I have merged some post here about the knee board and it has done something funky with the posts. Apologies

Hi !

Nice job on the new kneedboard. It does look good.

I have two question about it :

- How do we unpin a page ?

I would like to know it too... Any word about it from ED somewhere?

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

I can confirm I have the same issue, despite cleanup/repair. Kneeboard appears as the old one, without the frame, and there is no way to resize and/or move it.

I have a main screen and a second 8'' LCD for MFD. No mods of any sort (except Tacview and SRS).

i have the problem with a 4k monitor.

if i change to a lower resolution it works fine for me.

too much ...

i have the problem with a 4k monitor.

if i change to a lower resolution it works fine for me.

Just with the single Monitor/Single screen setup, when setting 4K resolution?

I have a 4K Monitor, will crosscheck the single screen with 4K resolution later.

Shagrat

• ED Team

If you are having problems please attach your dcs.log and let me know what screen setup you have.

please also try and cleanup and repair or verify for steam

thanks

• ED Team

I would like to know it too... Any word about it from ED somewhere?

no unpin yet, I will be making a report soon with the feedback I have from you all.

thanks

• Like 1

Just with the single Monitor/Single screen setup, when setting 4K resolution?

I have a 4K Monitor, will crosscheck the single screen with 4K resolution later.

i found the problem:

if i set my ScaleGUI in 4k from 1.25 to 1.0 it works fine for me.

But on a 4k monitor it is a little bit crazy to work in the ME ...

It has nothing to do with 4k, a smaller resolution and/or message font scale.

it is the Option for ScaleGUI

@Bignewy: Do you need more information ?

too much ...