2D top view in Open Beta

USSR_Rik

I think there is no todays update. The one planned for today came on wednesday

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I noticed this a while back but by one of the updates it seemed to be gone; good to see it was just turned off in the code. Very much an improvement in regards to no longer having to go through painstaking trial and error object-placement wise; even with an SSD it was hell to do.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Thank you!!!!!!

Made this in less than 10 minutes without ever leaving the ME.

Now please someone make like 50' and 100' pieces of "road" to drop in. ;)

Love it guys thanks again.

Sage

I'm with you. We owe ED a big beer for making this change :thumbsup:.

I don't know if people realize how big of a thing this update is. Setting up sites that took hours will take minutes now. No more of endless trial and error approach, placing objects and running the mission just to see they overlap. No excuses for lousy placed objects in MP missions. I wasn't so much happy the first time I flew the Hornet :D. Again amazing!

The only one thing that I could ask is a kind of a ruler - some drawing tools for instance a line or a grid that would make spacing the objects easier.

Screen_180608_234806.thumb.png.daa5f5e49a19cfe46eb3d0c3327b5f14.png

Screen_180608_234848.thumb.jpg.dd3a8c16d81bb262520ea88619df177b.jpg

Screen_180609_000128.thumb.jpg.1c8b17cc1402dde9b2096dbf0fde074c.jpg

Screen_180608_235549.thumb.jpg.c6a2cd93bb186ca8f07d9ae323162a4f.jpg

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I'm with you. We owe ED a big beer for making this change :thumbsup:.

I don't know if people realize how big of a thing this update is. Setting up sites that took hours will take minutes now. No more of endless trial and error approach, placing objects and running the mission just to see they overlap. No excuses for lousy placed objects in MP missions. I wasn't so much happy the first time I flew the Hornet :D. Again amazing!

The only one thing that I could ask is a kind of a ruler - some drawing tools for instance a line or a grid that would make spacing the objects easier.

A ruler is available at all times in the ME and in the F10 menu in-game. In imperial measurements, it measures in feet and nautical miles.

It is located on the left sidebar in the ME, and is boxed in red in this photo:

S3CwINb.png

A free-form drawing tool would be nice to make notes or what have you. However, I feel that notes can already be made via other means.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

;) I know there is a ruler. The point is about making it stay and still being able to place/re-arange objects using it as a line reference.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hold down middle mouse button for access to the ruler without clicking it in the side bar.

A ruler that stayed where you put it would be cool. Lol, I literally draw the distance with the ruler then hold my finger on the point I want on the monitor and move the object to it.

Not high tech but it works pretty well :)

Sage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

WoW !

And you call it a small feature???

;)

@Rik: a question, how do you get the same shape as on your screen around the units? (i Have a huge icon and must zoom until i see the unit in 3D, as on the screenshot below).

a1d21b62c8d6fbee9897f362b3c3b958.jpg

Edited by AV_Partizan
question added

Hold down middle mouse button for access to the ruler without clicking it in the side bar.

A ruler that stayed where you put it would be cool. Lol, I literally draw the distance with the ruler then hold my finger on the point I want on the monitor and move the object to it.

Not high tech but it works pretty well :)

Sage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How about sticky notes?

@Rik: a question, how do you get the same shape as on your screen around the units? (i Have a huge icon and must zoom until i see the unit in 3D, as on the screenshot below).

I think its just a matter of RU icons enabled instead of NATO ones. They are much better for mission editing.

Thank you very much for this feature. Makes it much more pleasant when creating missions.... something that I enjoy in DCS.

Sincere thanks.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you is not even enough, this is by far the best mod since lockon in 2004.. Way better then all those hundreds and hundreds of flyable planes (which is getting boring real quick imho). Finally a way to bring more life to DCS, I build a whole Airbase in 1 hour, would have take me weeks without this mod.. Thanks a million times

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

• ED Team
Hi guys when I delete the - - I get hung on black screen on startup.
Syntax or symbols coding error. Use Notepad++ with coding 'UTF-8 without BOM'

PS We'll add special button in ME for 2D units view (2D view ON / OFF) in the next Open Beta update.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Starting version 2.5.2.19157.408 (today released Beta update 6) ME has special button for turned 2D top view ON/OFF (see screensot). You shouldn't edit MissionEditor.lua.

2D_top_btn.jpg.846bffc51394af13dfe3a2c9750eab6b.jpg

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

...i don't have it :(

I assume you're not running the open beta but release. In OB it works as intended. Great and long awaited addition. And it's even persisted :thumbup:

It's really a side request but consider adding a similar button to mute the music (only while in mission editor).