Thrustmaster Reveal - TPR Rudder System

Jabbers_

8 hours ago, FeistyLemur said:

It's not really the toe breaks I meant,

If you read the rest of the thread, you’ll see that I swapped the plastic linkages for metal ones and used screws and bushings instead of the original pins. That took care of the slack in the rudder motion.

36 minutes ago, Goblin said:

If you read the rest of the thread, you’ll see that I swapped the plastic linkages for metal ones and used screws and bushings instead of the original pins. That took care of the slack in the rudder motion.

I don't see how that could correct what I'm talking about.  I mean left to right slack that the entire main L shaped arms have where they sit on the shaft at the top of the pendulum.

Like if I grab the pedal, or the arm itself, and pull it to the right the entire arm wiggles back and forth maybe half a millimeter.  It's not slack in the forward back motion I mean.  I just question the long term wear of the bushings on that main shaft if you put any amount of weight on it regularly, with the amount of leverage the arm provides.  It probably won't be an issue with heels on the floor and not much weight on the pedal.  Plus people seem to indicate they hold up fine even after thousands of hours going through this thread.

When I first got my Crosswinds for example I didn't have the best seating position and set up and it resulted in a lot of weight pressing down on the pedals because I was using the platform pedals it comes with.  It got really floppy over time as the main bearings for the toe breaks wore out (which are basically off the shelf 1 inch go-kart axle bearings).  So after I switched them to the 3d printed combat style heels on floor pedals I also ordered a couple of bearings from a local bearing supply shop and replaced them.

9 hours ago, FeistyLemur said:

I mean left to right slack that the entire main L shaped arms have where they sit on the shaft at the top of the pendulum

Ah! See. You wrote swaying back and forth, earlier, so I thought you ment the pendulum motion. That is fixed with new and better links.

I tightened the slop you mention by making new brass bushings. I was thinking of drilling out the hole in the L arm to accept a bearing…