2.5.2.18307@openbeta:MP: Server not in MP list(direct connect says server offline)

Drexx

btw. no fiddling with AV software nor with router/network settings (originally I suspected my ISP too :) ).

greetings

latware

(Intel Core i7-4790K;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;2xdisplay 1920x1080;Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar+pedals;TrackIR3 6DOF)

• 3 weeks later...

Has this issue been acknowledged by ED, or do they still assume we do not know how to disable a firewall? Cause I can ping 45.27.58.61 all day long but won't see Drexx's server.

I used a VPN and tried switching to NA or other EU servers but with no luck.

You can PM BigNewy, he replied in this thread, and ask him to write here if they are aware of the problem.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

VPN Services may or may not support all ports and protocols.

Make sure the VPN Provider supports all ports and protocols needed by DCS or you will never make it to MP.

In general, VPN is a bad idea for gaming unless you have virtually no other option.

VPN adds latency that you likely cannot compensate and bandwidth may go up&down for you while you are connected ( unless you pay a monthly fee for premium etc. )... those are things a gamer really tries to avoid...if possible

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I just recorded a video of my server list before and after router reset. As you can see, before the reset I was seeing 23 servers, and just after the reset 196 servers. That is replicable, I always do this after a day or two.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

1. Build my new PC

2. Install DCS

3. Get a couple of days of really enjoyable online play

4. One day i play on a server, jump out of the game to go to dinner, jump back in after dinner and BOOM, i see half the servers i was seeing an hour ago

5. Yesterday i could see ~70 servers, today i can see ~50, Direct IP doesn't work.

No application or configuration changes made by me between being able to see servers and not.

I don't enjoy singleplayer so this is literally game-breaking for me, i guess i'll be taking a break from DCS.

Maybe you should set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 ( Google DNS ).

I always see a ton of DCS servers and use those DNS-servers everywhere I manage DNS.

Worth a try, as a Router reset cleans your DNS cache as well, it may be related.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I hadn't had any success since my last post (#32) until today when the new update was downloaded - as soon as i installed it and went to the server browser i now see 170 servers instead of the 40 i was getting.

Fingers crossed this stay like this for more than a couple of days this time...

I hadn't had any success since my last post (#32) until today when the new update was downloaded - as soon as i installed it and went to the server browser i now see 170 servers instead of the 40 i was getting.

Fingers crossed this stay like this for more than a couple of days this time...

I think the problem might be that you're running the release branch and not open beta. The majority of multiplayer servers run the open beta branch, and half the time it is different from the release branch.

What probably happened was this:

1. Before a week last Wednesday you played on a server running the release version (at this point release and open beta are the same, so you see all servers)

2. A patch is then released for open beta and most of the servers update - but you do not, and therefore you can only see servers running the release version. It'd have been like this for a whole week, until the release version updates.

3. This Wednesday you get the update for the release branch which puts you back on the same version as open beta and you can now miraculously see all of the servers again.

If you want to play on any of the bigger servers (i.e. 104th, Blue Flag, DDCS) you need to switch to the open beta branch to ensure you can play it 100% of the time.

Server list ongoing issue

This has been an ongoing issue since the release of 2.5.x and is not Release or OpenBeta specific.

If you have any AntiVirus software, then turn it off and refresh the server list until you see all servers.

Otherwise just keep refreshing the server list and all servers should eventually show up.

I have to turn off my firewall completly to be able to see all servers and even then they usally won't show up untill I have refreshed the server list a couple of times.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The problem is their bullshit DRM... you can't direct connect you have to go thru their system it's the only thing that could be causing these issues. If i was truly direct connecting there wouldn't be an issue as i can connect to other stuff on his network. So that direct connect thing is bullshit and ED has had this problem for years. Upgrade your network or something or stop forcing people to use your system just to connect to another server. I can't believe i have spent almost $400 over time and i still have issues connecting to servers at this point im done i will not be buying anymore modules until ED stops and fixes this crap. Your network code sucks and your drm is causing connection issues.

I have proof i can reach his server but the game itself won't let me.. I have wireshark captures proving this with traffic over the port for the game. The issue is the game code/drm not the network.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Coolcat

Meaning you DO see all servers when you refresh the list a second time?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

If you create online servers on your own PC, make sure the necessary ports are forwarded in your router. (and that you both are using the same version)

I've tried everything and it's not working. I see every popular server just fine, but when me and friends try to connect to each other, we don't see our servers in the list and can't connect manually either.

Use this to check the ports of the server - http://canyouseeme.org/. Until you see it pass. If it fails put the server in the DMZ of the router to see if it passes then. If it fails then, the issue is the server firewall or could be AV as some AV have firewalls in them now. If it passes you need to look at the rules, upnp, firewall settings in the router. Edit - I should have put in it only works when you have the server running when you test.

There is also a bug when you are on the same intranet you cannot see the server. I have this as I have 2 different vlans and I cannot see my own server.

Make sure you do not leave it in DMZ though as it is wide open while you are testing.

Edited by Roth

This web page cheks are not very useful.

I have several ports open ( 5002 for SR and 10308 ), im able to host MP servers with no problem and people can see me in the servers list BUT, this king of pages are always telling me my ports are closed.

So dont trust this sites completely

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This web page cheks are not very useful.

I have several ports open ( 5002 for SR and 10308 ), im able to host MP servers with no problem and people can see me in the servers list BUT, this king of pages are always telling me my ports are closed.

So dont trust this sites completely

Try it when you are running whatever is using the port. When you get to the level of actually seeing if a port is open or not you get to the in-depth troubleshooting most people have no idea how to do or have the tools for. For these websites to work you have to have a service listening on the other end. It is basically a telnet from the web to you port/ip which most programs will respond to.

Did you try a (free) VPN?

something is really wrong with DCS.

Yes. Multiplayer isn't important internally apparently.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

• 2 weeks later...

you just ran "update @openbeta" command I assume? (there was hotfix today/yesterday, 31.08.)