Cannot use torrents downloading anymore?

Today the updater upgraded, and I cannot use torrents downloading but http downloading instead, which makes me download at VERY SLOW RATE. What's wrong about that?

So, I need an option to download via torrents with multiple peers like previous days.

Update:

I just finished the "detail" downloading, after that, it turned to a new turn of downloading.

It reading preparing torrent files, went to torrent downloading as usual.

So, my question is what's the meaning of "detail" download. I really don't believe that the latest updater is good as previous ones.

Tell me about it...

First 2.4 GB in "deltas", then 12 GB !!! For an update, and I removed the Normandy and WWII asset to avoid downloading these updates...

That means those 12 GB are mostly for the F-18C, which was 500 MB of download last week.

None of this makes sense...

This is why I totally prefer actual servers over "tourette" (usually 0.x KB/s, just spiking up to x MB/s for a fraction of a second periodically).

Try again... 5th time now for today's update. This is getting boring already twi-norly.png

0.6 MB short on finals. Bolter! salute.png

This is less than half of a floppy... rdlaugh.png

Why never play on patch day? Because you just won't get the patch on day rainbowdashwink.png

dcs-cmon-really.jpg.bc93ae6d5de29cb2a4dfbe2194bdd45c.jpg

dcs-cmon-srsly.jpg.736532a373dec98d89896a0ce726ccaa.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Did the 2.4gb download, now the 12gb... 51% of the torrent downloaded, but now it is hanging and doing nothing.:mad:

Edit: I can't even hit the cancel button to switch to http. The downloader has FROZEN.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Updater not working well for me. After finally getting through the delta part, It began the main torrenting. Averaging 0-5 kb/s. With lots of errors/failed messages in the log.

Clicking cancel will then freeze the updater completely at "Disconnecting from the swarm", unable to end it through task manager, and having to restart pc to make it stop.

Log ending with:

02401.526 STATUS: Disconnecting from the swarm...

02402.026 INFO : 9 UDP errors.

If I quickly click cancel before torrenting starts, then I am able to use HTTP.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Yes, I had to do a reboot, too. Could not force-quit the updater through the task manager.

Opened the dos window and ran "DCS_updater.exe update" because otherwise it wouldn't update automatically. Torrent seems to have picked up again after doing a check. At least that is something!

Getting an unremarkable 2.7MB/s dl...

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

CRAPPY DOWNLOAD SPEED

Frustratingly slow downloads today.

In fact, my UPLOAD speed is way higher than my download speed.

I'm not impressed.

So far, my maximum download speed has averaged around 430 kb/s.

Might just as well be on Dial-Up !!!

836057951_DCSUpdate.png.a8f60540cca63de7f5a971a13f1ddebb.png

SnowTiger:joystick:

You at least got the space for it..... A 9GB update first then a 5GB update then a window pops up saying "Downloading" not torrenting a 13GB something...

It is not like it is replacing the files in real time.... let us at least download them somewhere else and then unpacl.... update goes up to 1/3 of my whole game which around 73GBs....

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Translators
FFS somehow he started re-downloading(!) everything from the start. This is a nightmare! Taking the whole day already.

Stop current task then run Repair. For me it worked: after repair it deleted downloaded stuff and next update run was good.

AKA LazzySeal

Do you guys realize you are complaining about the download of an update of early access products in the BETA branch of a game?

If you want smaller updates, remove Normandy and Persian Gulf from your install and wait til it get's out of early access.

If you want to play, use Stable branch while Beta is updating.

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Do you guys realize you are complaining about the download of an update of early access products in the BETA branch of a game?

If you want smaller updates, remove Normandy and Persian Gulf from your install and wait til it get's out of early access.

If you want to play, use Stable branch while Beta is updating.

We are taking about downloading SPEED.Not the size of download.

Unfortunately. the torrents are still working. I wish they’d let the user select the download method (torrents or http) as a permanent setting, rather than having to suffer through it every time.

Just click cancel and say yes when it asks about if you want to use HTTP

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.