TDC Slew Hotas

Not yet, as far as I know.

Axis control for the TDC should come in a future patch, I think it was said.

You might be able to do it using TARGET (or equivalent) controller software, I have not tried this.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

I looked at what controls are on the warthog compared to those in the F18. I've mapped the TDC slew controls to the warthog front hat switch. I use use the warthog slew button as the ATC engage/disengage. Just a case of making fit what is available.

But isnt that just as using the tdc as buttons?

In the same way that flying with a stick is just like using the cursor keys?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Axis for TDC has been added with the DCS 2.5.2.18307 Update 3.

I just updated and my Warthog Throttle TDC Up/Dn/Lt/Rt still doesn’t work - the push-button does though. I had already mapped the coolie hat for the TDC and I’m content with that.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I just updated and my Warthog Throttle TDC Up/Dn/Lt/Rt still doesn’t work - the push-button does though. I had already mapped the coolie hat for the TDC and I’m content with that.

Its not the ones under Axis called TDC Slew, but the ones called Throttle Designator Controller (just below), which works here. TDC Slew cant be mapped.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yep - didn’t see anything relavent.

Edit: I see it now - thanks! I wasn't looking too hard I guess.

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

The Axis TDC control is far more sensitive (which is good!) than on the A-10C module.

• 1 month later...

I get the TDC to work on my Warthog throttle but it moves the cursor diagonally on the radar screen when I have mapped it to the a axis. If I map it to buttons it moves vertically or horizontally.

Am I doing something wrong?

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z, 2600K@4.8GHz, CoolIt Vantage, Corsair 16GB RAM, GTX 1070, SSD, Windows 10 64bit, Cougar MFD, TM Hotas Warthog, Saitek combat pedals, Track IR

Likely double mapped axes...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Thanks

Turned out to be a calibration issue. After recalibration the throttle it works as intended

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z, 2600K@4.8GHz, CoolIt Vantage, Corsair 16GB RAM, GTX 1070, SSD, Windows 10 64bit, Cougar MFD, TM Hotas Warthog, Saitek combat pedals, Track IR

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, dporter22 said:

Anyone?

Look for Throttle Designator Cursor (under axis controls sub tab).  There is something name similarly Throttle Designator Cursor (slew) that isn't able to be bound via axis - but the first one can.  Not sure why they have them both in the axis section.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

18 hours ago, Ziptie said:

Look for Throttle Designator Cursor (under axis controls sub tab).  There is something name similarly Throttle Designator Cursor (slew) that isn't able to be bound via axis - but the first one can.  Not sure why they have them both in the axis section.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thanks, but that option doesn't exist for the F-18 in my controls page.  There is Throttle Designator Controller which doesn't work, and TDC Slew (Mouse) which is grayed out and can't be assigned.

In the A-10 it's HOTAS Slew and it works just fine.

2 hours ago, dporter22 said:

Thanks, but that option doesn't exist for the F-18 in my controls page.  There is Throttle Designator Controller which doesn't work, and TDC Slew (Mouse) which is grayed out and can't be assigned.

In the A-10 it's HOTAS Slew and it works just fine.

Odd.  In F18 GAME or F18 SIM controls settings?

Hoping to be back home tomorrow and will post a screen shot of my controls to see if you can reference it that way.  They are definitely different "names" from the A10C to the FA18C (in terms of what they call the Hotas slew / TDC).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
EDIT: corrected link

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yes, F-18 Sim.  Throttle Designator Controller - Horizonatal Axis and Throttle Designator Control - Vertical Axis are supposedly the correct names, but double clicking on the applicable box in the Throttle column and physically moving the mini joystick to assign the axis does not work.  The movement is not recognized and the control is not assigned.

You can assign a hat switch up/down/left/right to the TDC Slew function, but that doesn't allow diagonal movement in order to smoothly slew the TDC around.

In the A-10 module the mini joystick can be assigned and works perfectly for TGP/Mav/TDC Slew.

I thought maybe TDS Slew using a mini joystick hadn't been implemented in the F-18 yet, but previous posts say it has been.

Sorry, the link you included just takes me to a blank discord page.

Capture.JPG