Runways without lights

malusku

Hi. Yesterday I did a night fight in Caucasus and non of the airports had the lights on in their runways. Only turned on when I touched down. Before I inforned the airports that I was going to, but didn t hace responses. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

I am guessing you may not have properly turn to airfield tower on your radio channel and no clearance was given.

I do not know if it is modeled in dcs, in a war scenario, proper ID of aircraft inbound and clearance is required to get the runway light to come on.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

From Batumi to Vaziani, and turning back. About 20:30 - 21-30h, spring session. At first it was sunset, later all dark. Non of all 3 airports near Vaziani had their runways lights on, and nor Batumi when I returned.

I had problems with TACAN too, so I put the runway of the airports as waypoints, and set the curse line as runway orientation, but too difficult without runway lights... And it was worse because I fly with oculus rift, so not too much resolution at all.

I am guessing you may not have properly turn to airfield tower on your radio channel and no clearance was given.

I do not know if it is modeled in dcs, in a war scenario, proper ID of aircraft inbound and clearance is required to get the runway light to come on.

Seems you are right, and my problem is with the radio. Sorry for my noob question but could somebody explain me how to do it properly? I think that I dont know how to use the radios at all. When I put a frequenze manually (M, frequency and then intro) It seems not to work, because allways sounds noise and it changes automatically the frequenze that was before.

Make sure you have the radio set to M when you want to use manual frequencies entry. The key with setting frequencies is to push the UFC buttons for a little longer. If you push and release, it won't register the press properly at the moment.

Another way is to scroll through the preset frequencies and you may well find most common ATC frequencies may already be covered.