[NO BUG] Cat engage w/o LBAR DOWN

MuF

• ED Team

This is intended.

To be able to hook up you need the launch bar, if not present it will put it in the correct position when pressing U

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the answer, didnt know this is intended. It feels like there is no point in using the switch apart from doing it for realism then.

@=4c=Nikola well, you're supposed to flip the launchbar switch back up again once engaged with the cat.

Thanks for the answer, didnt know this is intended. It feels like there is no point in using the switch apart from doing it for realism then.

This!

I really dislike the way it is implemented as it magically does things that the pilot is supposed to do (flipping the switch).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It could do with being a manual input from the pilot, or at least the switch ought to be moved into the down position as the bar lowers automatically.

I hope this will be looked at again when the hi fidelity carrier ops is rolled out, as the depth of modelling is everything to a lot of us, and it definitely ought to be a "thing".

For now, at least we can always get hooked onto the shuttle and launch.

One question. Pilot protocol is to lower the launch bar and once it’s in the shuttle set the switch to up so they don’t have to do it after the cat shot before they raise the gear. If we press u and raise the launch bar switch once the bar is “in the shuttle”, does the launch bar stay down?