Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

11 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

Would appear the Gazelles are missing HOT missiles

Be more specific, please. What mission?

6 hours ago, Terren said:

Does the server have LotATC? and if so whats the info to login?

No.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

20 hours ago, Zachrix said:

@AlpenwolfIt is because units didn't spawn properly and no EWR was present from the beginning, the EWR that helos place is on 124 and @ConkersBFDWas probably still on 251.

I was in fact still on 251. Haven't played dcs in a while I dont remember 124 being a thing for slingloaded EWRs. My bad if that's the case ! 

12 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

@Zachrixunknown.png
you accused my friend of TKing the F-5, just thought you should see this

Nice of you to not include the part where I purposefully broke lock and made my sparrow miss. Also, TCS made him look like a 21, so...it was a mistake but ask yourself this. Did he die? 😉

Warehousing for the 21s is still an issue, at least from Sochi, on Battle for Sukhumi - as of yesterday anyway. Red also didn't have a 19/21 EWR when I joined, but that may have been due to someone sniping it during low population hours, or the issue where units don't spawn in. Not sure yet. All other usual ground units were present for red.

1 hour ago, rossmum said:

Warehousing for the 21s is still an issue, at least from Sochi, on Battle for Sukhumi - as of yesterday anyway. Red also didn't have a 19/21 EWR when I joined, but that may have been due to someone sniping it during low population hours, or the issue where units don't spawn in. Not sure yet. All other usual ground units were present for red.

The warehouses are still bugged. Haven't fixed them yet.

The EWR's were destroyed as per tacview.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• ED Translators
On 4/26/2021 at 9:32 AM, rossmum said:

2, technically speaking.

As for forcing it to be a striker... yes, because that's what it is. The fighter (JA 37) was a different airframe with different physical characteristics (longer fuselage, taller tail fin amongst other things), different engine (additional compressor stage), and different avionics fit (in fact, completely different, a new radar, and with completely different HUD symbology). The version we have is a 90s update (AJS 37) of the strike variant (AJ 37) which was as much a fighter as a Skyhawk or Su-17 - they could carry self-defence IR missiles but had no air to air radar whatsoever and were never intended to intentionally engage in air to air combat. IIRC Heatblur's reasoning was that some systems used in the JA 37 are still classified due to derivatives being used in the JAS 39, but they probably also did the AJS because it offered a niche that nothing else in the game could do at the time. I wouldn't call the AJ 37 a good stand-in as it's as much of a 'totally different aircraft' situation as an F-16A bl 15 vs. F-16C bl 50, if not more... just be glad Alpen's handwaved Swedish neutrality to include it as it is.

Don't forget  AJ37 had less wiring and cooling for A2A missiles.  IIRC only side pylons were ready for carrying sidewinders

AKA LazzySeal

Server News:

- The warehouses in the missions Open Range and Phone Booth have been fixed.

- Hopefully more missions to follow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed:

- Warehouses fixed.

- Added and modified some briefing images.

briefing image.png

Red notes 1.png

Red notes 2.png

Blue notes 1.png

Blue notes 2.png

Blue notes 3.png

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

16 minutes ago, Shadow KT said:

image.png

Woah, bold claims.

image.png

Holy smokes! Just saw that! Really?!!!

I'm crying out of joy here, folks!

Wait! Let's just give it a while and see how it goes over upcoming updates. Nevertheless, thank you so very much for finally attending to this old and extremely annoying bug, ED!

... still crying.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just now, Alpenwolf said:

Holy smokes! Just saw that! Really?!!!

I'm crying out of joy here, folks!

Wait! Let's just give it a while and see how it goes over upcoming updates. Nevertheless, thank you so very much for finally attending to this old and extremely annoying bug, ED!

... still crying.

Don't get ahead of yourself now. Lets see if it actually works first 😄

• Like 2

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

42 minutes ago, Shadow KT said:

Yeaaaah.... I think you will still need to fix the warehouses after this patch... but maybe they will work from now onwards ?

Yeah, of course. One last fix hopefully.

EDIT:

I feel very motivated to fix the other missions right now. I'll get on it today and tomorrow 😉

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

This is also close to my heart and I've been (others too as I know this very well) waiting for it for quite a while:

DCS: MiG-15 by Belsimtek

• Corrected canopy reflections

Good update so far! The warehouses in the fixed missions are still fine.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- Server has been updated to the latest OB update (today's update).

- The warehouses in Two Towns are now fixed (more missions to follow).

- The FARP's in Two Towns have been upgraded (some FARP's in other missions to follow).

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt2.png

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just now, LoneS said:

Alp, Alp take it easy! Looks like Alp 2.0 is very excited by the good news and fixing warehouses and FAPRs........ What's next? Anew mission? 🤪

I'm just kidding bro but I can only imagine how long you've been waiting for this! Happy for you 😉

That's funny 🙂 And since you asked, yes, a new mission is in the making. Actually I started designing the new mission today 1-2 hours before I read the good news. What are the odds, huh?

• Like 5

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- The warehouses in all Caucasus missions have been fixed.

- The Blue FARP in the mission When The Mountains Cry has been upgraded. The Red FARP has been already.

Unbenannt.png

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

14 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Yeah, of course. One last fix hopefully.

EDIT:

I feel very motivated to fix the other missions right now. I'll get on it today and tomorrow 😉

Super glad you're feeling back in it! got my friend to buy PG and the F-5 just to join me on your server

• Like 1