Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

1 hour ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

@Alpenwolf

Is this server currently online?

A few hours ago it was on the list, but now it is invisible.

Server is online, yes. Connect via IP address maybe?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

9 minutes ago, Zachrix said:

Tried connecting via IP and it isn't allowing me 😕

That's weird. I see people online... Not sure what to tell you. Obviously some DCS issue.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

8 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

That's weird. I see people online... Not sure what to tell you. Obviously some DCS issue.

Just came back online, all good 🙂 Welp, it seems like warehousing is broken, can't mount A-A missiles. @Alpenwolf

Edited by Zachrix

19 minutes ago, Davey said:

Can confirm, missiles are non existent for the MiG-21. Hope to see some clouds in there too 😉

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Sorry to bother you bud, but Fight Island just loaded and there are no ground vehicles on both teams, except one M1 on Blue. Red are yapping about some aircraft weapon not being available too

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I havent read back on the forum incase its already been mentioned, but what are you thinking to do in regards to the upcoming Mirage F1, Alpen? Perhaps it would be fun to have it's team mission dependent and have it play on either blue or red. Do you think one side needs another Aircraft more than the other? Do you have any concerns on the capabilities of the F1 or do you think it will fit right in?

6 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

I havent read back on the forum incase its already been mentioned, but what are you thinking to do in regards to the upcoming Mirage F1, Alpen? Perhaps it would be fun to have it's team mission dependent and have it play on either blue or red. Do you think one side needs another Aircraft more than the other? Do you have any concerns on the capabilities of the F1 or do you think it will fit right in?

Was mentioned multiple time, yes. And yes it will be added to the Blue roster only.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Open Range:

- Added TACAN unit at Maykop. Callsign: TKR - Channel: 12 X

- You find that in the briefing under frequencies.

* More TACAN units will be added in other missions where they're missing to help F-5's navigate better.

Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed:

- I've mentioned this before so it's only a reminder: Capturing Batumi airbase is no longer part of the objective. It is Blue at mission's start and Red doesn't have to capture it.

Note:

The server seems to crash quite often since the latest OB update. I'm afraid we're back at it with issues regarding the dedicated servers causing that to happen.

I've already reported the issue to ED.

• Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server's offline again! (I'll put it back online tomorrow)

It's been confirmed that the DCS 2.7 update causes dedicated servers to crash quite often, have them load missions missing units or missiles (which was the case in operation Tiberias and other missions later on) and make the server somehow disappear from the servers' list.

We can only hope they deliver a hot-fix any time soon.

Godspeed, ED!

• Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Missing so much this Server.  It is hard to go back on other Cold War era servers.

Would it be possible to get RS-2US available on some missions ?

For now, it is time to study  & practice   some Blue A/C (Gazelle and Viggen).

16 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Was mentioned multiple time, yes. And yes it will be added to the Blue roster only.

Really? I think there is a bit of a missed opportunity for some Iran and Iraq war scenarios, especially since the MIG 23MLA looks to be a long way off, and it seem that heatblurs Iranian F-14A and the Mirage F1-EC look like they'll be release around the same time. I feel a mix of F-5s and F-14As vs MiG 21Bis and a bunch of Mirage F1's. especially when the later F1-EE comes out likely with Super 530Fs available to it will be a nice match up, but those are just my feelings personally. Part of the Charm of the F1 is it's almost a mercenary aircraft, by the amount of proliferation for countries that wanted something decent, but not super expensive, and the fact that now it is literally an aircraft flown by mercenaries.  

Edited by CrazyGman

5 hours ago, CrazyGman said:

Really? I think there is a bit of a missed opportunity for some Iran and Iraq war scenarios, especially since the MIG 23MLA looks to be a long way off, and it seem that heatblurs Iranian F-14A and the Mirage F1-EC look like they'll be release around the same time. I feel a mix of F-5s and F-14As vs MiG 21Bis and a bunch of Mirage F1's. especially when the later F1-EE comes out likely with Super 530Fs available to it will be a nice match up, but those are just my feelings personally. Part of the Charm of the F1 is it's almost a mercenary aircraft, by the amount of proliferation for countries that wanted something decent, but not super expensive, and the fact that now it is literally an aircraft flown by mercenaries.  

upon further thought, Im thinking I side with Alpen on his solution for which team to which the F1 should belong. But if we do see Super 530F missiles i think it would be fun to have a single mission in which the F1 goes to redfor as it was quite the formidable opponent for the F14 Tomcat of the Iranian Airforce. but obviously I think the amount of times the F1 should make an appearance on red should be kept to a minimum. also I know Alpen is wanting BLUFOR to receive some SEAD capability and I believe the Spanish F1s operated Syrel ELINT pods on their planes. this isnt the ideal SEAD solution but its better than anything the F5 can pose. lets hope this pod makes an appearance in game 🙂

Edited by Get_Lo

I think BVR missiles should be skipped on every day missions, and leave the F14/Mig29 with their superior close range missiles. It honestly feels like shooting ducks in a barrel.. where is the fun in that? 

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, NELLUS said:

I think BVR missiles should be skipped on every day missions, and leave the F14/Mig29 with their superior close range missiles. It honestly feels like shooting ducks in a barrel.. where is the fun in that? 

The bigger the challenge, the more fun there is! That's your answer. I see F-14A's and MiG-29A's being shot down constantly. You simply need to figure out other ways to approach and bait those tough birds. A different challenge. Besides, they're heavily limited in numbers. With a good GCI these big birds are in trouble and that too I see quite often.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- Added TACAN units to Prince of Persia, Fight Island and Search & destroy.

- Frequencies and callsigns in the briefings under frequencies.

- Fixed TACAN for Theodore Roosevelt in the mission Search & Destroy.

Server's back online. Hope the bug doesn't strike again tonight. Yesterday's log file was sent to ED.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@AlpenwolfWeird glitch on the server, would seem that out of nowhere planes just kind of stay still, in the sense that nobody disconnects just that everyone is in one spot. Happened once before in the past 2 days but right now is just staying like this.

Edited by Zachrix

21 minutes ago, Zachrix said:

@AlpenwolfWeird glitch on the server, would seem that out of nowhere planes just kind of stay still, in the sense that nobody disconnects just that everyone is in one spot. Happened once before in the past 2 days but right now is just staying like this.

I kinda expected bugs and glitches with such a big update like that. It was inevitable.

Server just crashed again. I put it back online. However, not sure if this is worth with all the bugs and crashes...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

15 hours ago, Zachrix said:

It's a general DCS thing. Other servers do that too sometimes. The server basically shits itself, but doesn't crash. If you disconnect from it, you can still see yourself in there from the multiplayer server list, and if you refresh, you can see the time on the server is staying still.
It needs to be restarted if that happends. Dunno why it happends.

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430