Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

47 minutes ago, Althar93 said:

Are you running DCS 'Open Beta'? I don't think it shows up if you are running 'Stable'.

Est-ce que tu es sur la version 'Open Beta' de DCS? Je ne crois pas que le serveur s'affiche avec la version 'Stable'.

Arf ! I switched to stable 😭

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got it you changed it up , but if it’s gonna be rear aspect missles only , at least enable the K13s for the Mig 19 . And here’s to hoping we go back to at least one map in the rotation having some or all of the missles back .

Any plans (missions) for the upcoming Hind in development that will be coming to the server? I have had the Mig21 for a long time, but have never really gotten very proficient with it so I've never dabbled with it online. However that will not be the case with the Mi24P 🙂

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 hours ago, Bolt1 said:

I got it you changed it up , but if it’s gonna be rear aspect missles only , at least enable the K13s for the Mig 19 . And here’s to hoping we go back to at least one map in the rotation having some or all of the missles back .

The K13's are enabled. Maybe you joined around the end of the mission and they were empty?

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Any plans (missions) for the upcoming Hind in development that will be coming to the server? I have had the Mig21 for a long time, but have never really gotten very proficient with it so I've never dabbled with it online. However that will not be the case with the Mi24P 🙂

Mi-24P's will be included in all the missions featuring helicopters.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

20 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

The K13's are enabled. Maybe you joined around the end of the mission and they were empty?

My guess is they were playing the mission where only R-55, and GAR-8 allowed thus leaving the Mig-19 with guns only because it can't carry either.

Edited by BodyOrgan

20 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Mi-24P's will be included in all the missions featuring helicopters.

Great news! Thanks Alpenwolf!

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

19 hours ago, BodyOrgan said:

My guess is they were playing the mission where only R-55, and GAR-8 allowed thus leaving the Mig-19 with guns only because it can't carry either.

Probably.

17 hours ago, Pilot Ike said:

Fixed.

52 minutes ago, smilodon said:

hello , my question may be stupid , why is your server not in stable version ?
Thank you.

Actually, it's a very good question. Most players play DCS on OB to always receive updates and new features instantly rather than waiting for them to be released for the Stable version. So there wont be no point in hosting the server on Stable with probably way less players flying there. You can see that behaviour every time ED releases an update for OB. If you haven't updated your OB to the latest you can hardly find any servers to fly on and even if they're mostly empty because players will have updated their game already.

There was a time when releasing updates for OB and Stable was done with a time interval of a week max between the two. Nowadays it's weeks and months. I guess most people wouldn't like to wait that long.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot for this great server and missions. After half a year with DCS I finally recognise the fun of limited technology. To shot down a bandit with a aim9P is so extremely rewarding.

Did you consider to offer special benefits for people who do donations? Not in terms of pay to win but something like special slots.

And whats your opinion of the upcoming Mirage F1? Should be a great plane for the Cold War Server?

12700k | 3090 | 64GB DDR4 | WD SN850X | Quest 3

1 hour ago, Max Thunder said:

Thanks a lot for this great server and missions. After half a year with DCS I finally recognise the fun of limited technology. To shot down a bandit with a aim9P is so extremely rewarding.

Did you consider to offer special benefits for people who do donations? Not in terms of pay to win but something like special slots.

And whats your opinion of the upcoming Mirage F1? Should be a great plane for the Cold War Server?

You're welcome. Glad you're enjoying the server, mate.

Special slots for donators would only open the door for players to exploit that. Besides, it's unfair to those who can hardly afford to pay for the game itself in the first place. I'd hate for donations to be attached to something like that. They're there to help me with funding the server and I appreciate each and every one who can afford it. I used to announce the first names of donators every month here on the forum. At some point some players reached out to me and asked for not including their names even if it's just their first name. Others were fine with it but I eventually stopped doing that.

The F1 will be more than welcome! Don't worry about it. The F-8, the A-7, the F-4 (one day...), the A-4 (as a module not a mod), the apparantly Su-17, the MiG-23, the Mi-24, the AH-1, the AH-64 (A? Or is it the D? We'll see about this one) and even the OH-58D will all be included. How many, what missions will have them, any restrictions maybe, etc. all these questions will be answered in time. We'll have to wait and see.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

22 minutes ago, The_Tau said:

In mission When Mountains Cry, you used wrong F-14a (ED version not HB version). F-14s cant spawn

Then it applies to the other missions featuring the F-14A. Thaks for reporting. See the dilemma I have with fixing the bloody warehouses?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@ When the mountains cry:

Could you please remove respawning EWRs for Redfor. Bluefor doesn't have it, and it takes away the fun of trying to blind the enemy.

Also, Redfor has invisible FARPs (according to Tacview), Bluefor doesn't. I'd love to see that for Bluefor as well, it's way more realistic and makes FARPs a little bit harder to find and attack.

Edited by Pilot Ike

9 hours ago, Pilot Ike said:

@ When the mountains cry:

Could you please remove respawning EWRs for Redfor. Bluefor doesn't have it, and it takes away the fun of trying to blind the enemy.

Also, Redfor has invisible FARPs (according to Tacview), Bluefor doesn't. I'd love to see that for Bluefor as well, it's way more realistic and makes FARPs a little bit harder to find and attack.

EWR - Fixed.

FARP's will be invisible for Blue as well. The warehouses bug ruined it a bit for me so I had to keep it that way for Blue. For now.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 2/3/2021 at 12:31 PM, smilodon said:

Arf ! I switched to stable 😭

Because of the Cold War Server I switched from stable to open beta. But because my wingman wants to stay on stable I bought a 1TB SSD to have enough space for stable and beta at the same time. Maybe I can convince him also to switch to beta sometimes. 😀

@Alpenwolf Is there a reason why you didn’t integrate the A4 mod into some missions? Is it related to the IC Problem?

Edit: Sorry found the answer: 

This has been discussed quite often and you've figured it out yourself; it would require every player to download the mod and be up to date with it. Can't do it. Having two servers would split the Cold War community in half or so. Besides, it's a lot of work and money involved in hosting another server. I run things in DCS alone and I honestly prefer it that way. Can't pour more hours into it.

Wasn't it confirmed by ED that the A-4 will eventually become a module? I think I've heard or read that some time ago. Can't be sure though.

Edited by Max Thunder
12700k | 3090 | 64GB DDR4 | WD SN850X | Quest 3

9 hours ago, Max Thunder said:

Because of the Cold War Server I switched from stable to open beta. But because my wingman wants to stay on stable I bought a 1TB SSD to have enough space for stable and beta at the same time. Maybe I can convince him also to switch to beta sometimes. 😀

@Alpenwolf Is there a reason why you didn’t integrate the A4 mod into some missions? Is it related to the IC Problem?

Edit: Sorry found the answer: 

This has been discussed quite often and you've figured it out yourself; it would require every player to download the mod and be up to date with it. Can't do it. Having two servers would split the Cold War community in half or so. Besides, it's a lot of work and money involved in hosting another server. I run things in DCS alone and I honestly prefer it that way. Can't pour more hours into it.

Wasn't it confirmed by ED that the A-4 will eventually become a module? I think I've heard or read that some time ago. Can't be sure though.

I think I've heard/read the same. The A-4 should become a module one day. Let's hope.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

9 hours ago, The_Tau said:

In mission Mountain Peaks, P51 EWR doesnt respond to P51 pilots, or rather pilot doesnt say anything. It does to default 251 EWR but obviously p51 radio cant switch to 251

Should be fine now. Had it 142 MHz instead of 124. Mistyped.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

9 minutes ago, The_Tau said:

Same thing with Sakhumi - The Beginning.

Its weird. Its not even trying to talk to EWR. It tries with 251 EWR but not P51 130 EWR

That's weird. I actually checked it out after you posted the same issue regarding operation Mountain Peaks just to be sure. And there was no issue. I just double checked it and it's fine. Very weird, man.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

26 minutes ago, The_Tau said:

Not only me have this issue with P51 EWR...

I believe you, mate. It's just that it's set up well and still doesn't work. And it did work prior to the last update. How could that have changed things!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments