Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

• ED Translators
I know that, P61, but when someone reports something, then I trust it's trustworthy. Looking between the lines costs only time.

No offense, everyone, but please try and be more accurate when reporting small issues like that so that I don't end up wasting unnecessary time when so many other issues need checking and fixing. It's actually superfluous to start doing it the way P61 described it above and waste that time when it could be reported more accurately. Which is why I put it aside first and said "I'll fix the C-101 when time allows it".

S!

EDIT:

The C-101 can carry the AIM-9P. So why is the Magic missile needed? Is it a better rear aspect or what?

Did a quick check and AI C-101CC can launch R550 front aspect into non afterburning viggen from 2.2 KM

bFSuacn.jpg

Same AI can't launch AIM-9P front aspect, its merging and then turning to have ass

Edited by P61
added info about same AI and AIM-9P

AKA LazzySeal

Did a quick check and AI C-101CC can launch R550 front aspect into non afterburning viggen from 2.2 KM

And I just started adding it to the missions..........

See what I mean?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Ah, I see that now that I've caused a bunch of confusion. From my posts earlier, I meant that the Magic 2 shouldn't be in the missions with weapons restrictions but, re-reading them, I now realize it sounds like I was arguing that they should be included.

My sincere apologies for wasting everyone's time.

So many posts I've lost it already what's all about. :D You guys, especially red ones, have no idea what you have here. I will tell you. We have a guy, willing to spend alot of time making and fixing very good missions so I ask nicely: give him a break :) . And yet I don't get it. When Devils flown on red side and winning, all was ok. But now, when we are on blue side, nothing about weapons is ok. So what the heck? Start apriciate the game and alpenwolfs work. I really don't care about the missiles. Why? Because no matter what missile you carry, you will be shoot down if your side team will not cooperate. And red ones have hell of all apsect missiles avaliable. Just learn how to use them. I'm getting filling, that some guys knows only one old tactic and are not able to addapt to.

I think Brown proposed this before, and I think it would be a nice touch.

Any chance that we can start the missions in early morning stages when it is still dark? This would give the Hilos a bit of coverage for the ground work that is usually done.

It also looks pretty damn awesome, think we all can agree on that :)

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When Devils flown on red side and winning, all was ok. But now, when we are on blue side, nothing about weapons is ok. So what the heck? Start apriciate the game and alpenwolfs work. I really don't care about the missiles.

Mr Wannabe Hartmann, I dont even know what Devils are and how many of you are there but judging by sheer volume of users joining server you seem to be numerically insignificant and yet eager to take credit for a lot more than you really achieve.

And red ones have hell of all apsect missiles avaliable. Just learn how to use them. I'm getting filling, that some guys knows only one old tactic and are not able to addapt to.

Well, if you're getting filling than that might explain a lot. But USSR had no all aspect IR missiles until R-60M. And in case of SARH missile, the R-3R, its only useful for head-on shot as its limited in the same way as R-3S in terms of maneuverability.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• ED Team
Just some info: the R13M1 is basically an aim-9G/J hybrid, has a bigger rocket motor for longer range, and a better tracker than the aim-9B(R3S, RB24), has the same control fins(canards) as the aim-9P... so that's why it has a 7G limit and 7KM range.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Alpenwolf really enjoying the server with rear aspect IR heaters only again, good fun. Thank you as ever for the server.

When Devils flown on red side and winning

Don't recall the Devils ever winning. Try to be a little more humble.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

There is no EWR for F5’s and Viggens on the current mission. We even put out 2 new ones and still nothing. The A10 gets call backs

Is there a trigger perhaps that can announce when an airbase is under attack?

The new rainy overcast weather at Phone Booth was 10/10!

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So many posts I've lost it already what's all about. :D You guys, especially red ones, have no idea what you have here. I will tell you. We have a guy, willing to spend alot of time making and fixing very good missions so I ask nicely: give him a break :) . And yet I don't get it. When Devils flown on red side and winning, all was ok. But now, when we are on blue side, nothing about weapons is ok. So what the heck? Start apriciate the game and alpenwolfs work. I really don't care about the missiles. Why? Because no matter what missile you carry, you will be shoot down if your side team will not cooperate. And red ones have hell of all apsect missiles avaliable. Just learn how to use them. I'm getting filling, that some guys knows only one old tactic and are not able to addapt to.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, considering it was red players who pointed out that the old 'rear aspect' weapon set left us with the R-60 and its limited all aspect capability. We could go back to the days of MiGs winning every head-on merge if you'd like, but a true rear aspect only setup means I get a chance to play with my food, now. :)

Personally I had no issue with the old set, in the 21 - but it made the 19 distinctly disadvantaged and also meant most fights were over extremely quickly, sometimes before one side even got visual.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, considering it was red players who pointed out that the old 'rear aspect' weapon set left us with the R-60 and its limited all aspect capability. We could go back to the days of MiGs winning every head-on merge if you'd like, but a true rear aspect only setup means I get a chance to play with my food, now. :)

Personally I had no issue with the old set, in the 21 - but it made the 19 distinctly disadvantaged and also meant most fights were over extremely quickly, sometimes before one side even got visual.

Took out the good ol’ 19 today and she could really perform, was rather impressed with her missiles :thumbup:

I would even go as far as saying she could take the 21’s place as a Red leader..

Saw your youtube clip from the other day, when you were wrestling that Pig in the Hog..yes, that was me with 70% fuel, 9 MK83’s, 6 Mavericks and 4 sidewinders with no missiles fired, oh and a piece of my wing missing. I’m still surprised how it went like it did.. is that what you call playing with the food?

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But.. but.. but.... the A10 is too good! It constantly hunts down 21s and goes for a2a kills with its magical missiles!!!

I am being sarcastic obviously... But, look at the clip above.... if a 21 jumps two A10s like that and gets killed, i see nothing wrong with the A10.... more with the 21 pilot... The A10 was trying to do the mission on the server (attacking objectives). It just got bounced on the way by a pesky 21 who tried to attack with guns and got lazy, so obviously it struck back...

This is what i don't get... You want the A10 to have no missiles at all? So it can be completely defenceless as the 21's circle it and pounce on it at will...???

I am sure many F5 pilots have been shot down by the SU25 and its R60M... But i don't see any complaints on this forum??? Correct me if i am wrong!

Edited by Grisleybear

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

"The R-13M is a much improved version of the R-3S and has capabilities similar to the AIM-9G Sidewinder. The R-13M is still a tail engagement missile only but is far more capable than the R-3S due to its new seeker and rocket motor. The new cooled seeker is more accurate and somewhat more resistant to countermeasures. The new rocket motor burns longer The redesigned body makes the R-13M more maneuverable. The system is known as R-13M and the NATO designation is AA-2D Advanced Atoll. The designation AA-2-2 is sometimes used as well.

R-13M: Original version introduced in 1974.

R-13M1: Improved R-13M with new forward fins introduced in 1976."

https://old.weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/HH07%20-%20AA-2%20Atoll.html

Unless this is fake propaganda?

• ED Translators
But.. but.. but.... the A10 is too good! It constantly hunts down 21s and goes for a2a kills with its magical missiles!!!

I am being sarcastic obviously... But, look at the clip above.... if a 21 jumps two A10s like that and gets killed, i see nothing wrong with the A10.... more with the 21 pilot... The A10 was trying to do the mission on the server (attacking objectives). It just got bounced on the way by a pesky 21 who tried to attack with guns and got lazy, so obviously it struck back...

This is what i don't get... You want the A10 to have no missiles at all? So it can be completely defenceless as the 21's circle it and pounce on it at will...???

I am sure many F5 pilots have been shot down by the SU25 and its R60M... But i don't see any complaints on this forum??? Correct me if i am wrong!

A-10A had AIM-9M missile before. You are playing narrative to preach to the choir here.

Using A-10s like CAP was about them having AIM-9M missile which is miles forward anything on server and don;t react to flares much.

R-60M is not even close to AIM-9M A-10A had.

AKA LazzySeal

• ED Translators
There is no EWR for F5’s and Viggens on the current mission. We even put out 2 new ones and still nothing. The A10 gets call backs

It may be problem with callsigns. A-10A is FC3 and it gets calls fro meverything automatically. But IF full modules doesn't get calls its either frequency error or callsign issue. Alpen needs to check those.

AKA LazzySeal

The A-10 had 9Ms (same as the Harrier), which was the sticking point, as unlike the Harrier it can carry the 9P5. I would say strikers should be an exception to the new missile restrictions but a) there's no way to do that, and b) we'd end up with people using them purely for air to air, which is exactly what happened to the Harrier.

My own flying has been pretty poor all week but I made the mistake of thinking I'd killed one of the two A-10s and thus was safe to deal with the other. Tacview revealed it was another classic case of a missile spawning from the aether - it happens most commonly with F-5s and Viggens, where DCS considers the aircraft to be killed but it remains fully combat capable. GCI also can't see them and thus assumes they're dead. I suspect if the 21 could fire missiles with a dead generator, or if it didn't lose its generator with almost any missile hit, there'd be a lot of complaining there too.

Edited by rossmum

• ED Team
"The R-13M is a much improved version of the R-3S and has capabilities similar to the AIM-9G Sidewinder. The R-13M is still a tail engagement missile only but is far more capable than the R-3S due to its new seeker and rocket motor. The new cooled seeker is more accurate and somewhat more resistant to countermeasures. The new rocket motor burns longer The redesigned body makes the R-13M more maneuverable. The system is known as R-13M and the NATO designation is AA-2D Advanced Atoll. The designation AA-2-2 is sometimes used as well.

R-13M: Original version introduced in 1974.

R-13M1: Improved R-13M with new forward fins introduced in 1976."

https://old.weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/HH07%20-%20AA-2%20Atoll.html

Unless this is fake propaganda?

For DCS purposes it might as well be.

AIM-9G is essentially a navy variant of AIM-9D. Both, as well as the R-13M are rear aspect. J is an all aspect missile. To say it's a "G/J hybrid" is misleading at the least. And "7G/7km" is irrelevant to DCS, even if true, missiles don't behave in DCS like what you've read in online sources like those. All missiles pull up to 18-25G. And R-13M is laughably slow compared to, say, AIM-9P. It's basically a tier below AIM-9P and like two tiers below Rb24J (due to how OP HB's depiction of it its compared to the regular AIM-9P or AIM-9P5 - it's supposed to be AIM-9P3, but it seems to have unreasonably high lift off the rail - it just turns its nose on impact point immediately after launch before it even accelerates and never pulls the same loads AIM-9P/P5 does. I'm not saying it's modeled incorrectly, it might be that everything else is - it's hard to get solid data on this). It's actually similar to R-3S in terms of speeds. The only saving grace is that it has similar G tolerance to 9P, so effectively it turns faster - but that doesn't mean much with its aspect limitations. Do some testing in DCS with each missile and you'll see where we stand. The data you can find online is not very complete or precise anyway, and if you want to post it somewhere, then go to sections for relevant modules. Here we're talking about server balance, not modelling realism, so we're interested in how the missiles behave in DCS, not real life.

Edited by m4ti140

For what it's worth btw, as I missed it when I replied - 'pig' is shorthand for warthog, of course. That whole engagement was interesting as first I didn't get tone - I was sure I still had at least one missile left but would have to check again - and then the first A-10 was 'dead' according to both DCS and Tacview. Not dead enough unfortunately as it hit me with a fairly long 9M shot right as I recovered that careless stall. Zweistein fired at the guy I was tangling with but the seeker went for me instead and I only barely outran it.

On that note, this is one of the only servers I play where clientside Tacview recording works, and I'm enormously grateful. There have been some amazing things I would've missed otherwise.

So, from a red point of a view, would you say that the rb24j is too good?

Using it recently, it is difficult to get a tone, even from the rear, but once I do, the results have been pretty great, apart from when the migs use flares or pull high g, which is to be expected.

I think things are pretty balanced right now, both teams only have access to rear aspect missiles, no AIM9M at all which i agree is a good choice, i don't really see what can be changed to make things better for both teams.

Edited by Grisleybear

Really awesome run on Prince of Persia today, lots of wild furballs and good coordination from red. Fujarah took a lot to capture. I did spot some MiGs taking R-60s from Ras Al but hopefully that will no longer be an issue next time (and to be fair, I'm not sure how effective they were anyway, since the one I spotted had a lot of holes in him and missiles still stuck on the rails).

Yeah fun mission, one of my favorites on the server. Can the SPO-2 RWR be enabled for the MiG-19 in the mission?

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Alpenwolf, is there anyway to move the Blue Farp closer (just so that it is the same distance to Abu Dhabi as the Red spawn) on the ‘onec upon a time..’ mission? The Hueys are currently only spawning on the airbase, or is there another spawn point for them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]