Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

As part of my ongoing effort to counteract Red's dominance of this thread, I present this moment, which was made possible by an extremely talented Blue GCI on Elbrus yesterday. 4x speed.

Edited by DrRed
corrected link

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

As part of my ongoing effort to counteract Red's dominance of this thread, I present this moment, which was made possible by an extremely talented Blue GCI on Elbrus yesterday. 4x speed.

Don't make me post the one of me almost joining formation on two of yours, then hitting them with a one-two before either of them showed any inkling of a reaction :D

Да простит меня модератор.Я оставлю сылку SRS РАДИО.Многие не знают как его установить и пользоваться. С Вашего позволения пусть прибудет здесь.https://youtu.be/shEAiin8Cx8

Wow epic! And proud moment for F-5E pilots indeed :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Health to all. Why doesn’t anyone communicate on srs radio? I always turn on the radio on MiG21, and the last time no one speaks. Yes, I speak Russian, but why don’t anyone answer me?) I’m changing honesty, the same channel at start.

why should anyone answering you when maybe you are the onlyone who understand your language? i dont get your point

Спасибо.Я всё жду когда на этот сервер зайдут русско говорящие парни).

there exist a russian section here in ed´s forum. i am sure if you try to connect there with people you may have some success to bring them on the cold war server.

Very nice kills

Someone out there has a video of me running out of fuel while surrounded by three MiGs. Was not a fun time. Would not recommend

Edited by DrRed

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

I've done that a couple of times, now. Lots of visits to mountain villages for tea... yesterday's (chasing a conning space cadet F-5, seemingly headed for Gudauta) ended next to our FARP by happy chance. I kind of wish aircraft despawn was delayed after a player re-slots, just so our helicopter guys could see what a gentle landing it was :D

Server News:

- AWACS planes are now set to immortal in most missions (more missions will follow).

- Ground units not firing in the mission Sail Ahoy! fixed.

- MiG-15's and F-86's added to the mission Sail Ahoy!.

- Cargo units in the mission Elbrus now weigh 800 kg and 485 lb instead of 320 kg and 240 lb.

- This should help Mi-8's and UH-1's travel faster (tested and proven).

* Make sure you read the server's rules before you hit fly.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi Alpenwolf,

In mission Sail ahoy yesterday blue have won. However there is a flaw,. Viggens were going on waves of kamikadze runs, basically fly there shot the ships and whether they get shot down or just quit and then get a new slot and repeat, if they don't fly back to base for reload they come back faster for another run. Introducing some form of lives or other way to prevent that would help a lot to make the mission more fair and immersive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Alpenwolf,

In mission Sail ahoy yesterday blue have won. However there is a flaw,. Viggens were going on waves of kamikadze runs, basically fly there shot the ships and whether they get shot down or just quit and then get a new slot and repeat, if they don't fly back to base for reload they come back faster for another run. Introducing some form of lives or other way to prevent that would help a lot to make the mission more fair and immersive.

One of those Viggen pilots here. Never ones did we ditch our planes to get to the airbase faster.

There were Mig’s out there hunting us down knowing that we were heavy and definitely not in dogfighting configuration. We also had SAM’s striking us from the ship/s defending the transports.

Usually only one out of 3 made it back. Check your facts next time before stating assumptions.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Alpenwolf,

Oh really :D ? I was one of those pilots. As Nellus said, check your facts. I did several strikes. Face the fact that you can not touch the viggens with your tactics. Last strike I even did not carry any A/A weapons cause mig21 can't get me.

If we, the DEVILS viggen pilots wouldn't have some problems with delivering weapons, we would sink those fecking ships in an hour (we did it in two). And yes, DEVILS sink all of them. Other viggen pilots didn't get even close to that. I have seen that most of the time side wins on which DEVILS are flying. In the past it was RED, now it is BLUE :).

Awacs should be scrapped altogether. The EWR solution on the new and exciting missions that Alpenwolf has created have become allot more realistic and dynamic. The com’s have increased on SRS and I can speak for all that this has brought the Fighter wing and Strikers/Hilos bit closer.

A Hilo had to almost beg for CAP before to even get a response.. that has definitely changed.

[DEVILS] NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Здравия парни.Это просто меня вчера не было).Я очень люблю охотитца за вигенами).Ну нечего, сегодня постараюсь быть).Мой МиГ 21 всегда готов поразить вигена) Самая желанная моя цель)

У меня особая тактика для них)Удар сокола называется)Им не устоять перед МиГ 21!Ура товарищи вперед!Победа будет за нами)

It's always better when tacview evidence is provided either way. metzger didn't accuse anyone by name so let's not assume he was talking about you guys. Maybe it was the other guys. Maybe no one. Evidence cuts all the speculations so let's all keep it that way. And I personally haven't seen any DEVILS member doing anything wrong so far.

With players quite often going after AWACS planes, I was forced to start making these planes immortal. The planes we have have poor radars if at all so flying without AWACS has always led to players leaving the server, and eventually players of the other side as well because they lack any opponents to fly against.

The EWR addition was more intended for the longer missions (8 hours plus) where helicopter pilots have more time to do it all. Two Towns is the only exception (4 hours duration) and to be quite honest I like it better that way.

The mission Elbrus would be a tough one for EWR's due to the mountainous location of the mission.

I'll have to give the missions a closer look and see where EWR's can be added instead of AWACS.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

У меня особая тактика для них)Удар сокола называется)Им не устоять перед МиГ 21!Ура товарищи вперед!Победа будет за нами)

Wot? English please. Translation sounds realy odd :D. Russian part of forum is somewhere else :D.

"I have a special tactic for them) Falcon strike is called) They can not resist the MiG 21! Hurray comrades ahead! Victory will be ours)"

You can not use your tactics against high altitude flying viggen at 1.9 Mach :D .