Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hi Alpenwolf!

As requested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/201669484520294/?ref=share

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

Thanks, but I can't join without a Facebook profile :smilewink:

Server is hidden from list. Attempt to IP connect results in an unfruitful loading screen.

Not sure why it becomes unaccessible for some players after a while. Very weird because there were 5-6 players online.

Server's restarted. This seems to have always solved the problem so far.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

- Due to a 2-3 weeks old bug in the mission editor, fixing certain things especially pick up zones for Mi-8's and UH-1's (as in operation Ossetia) is impossible.

- However, it's been confirmed that ED is working on fixing it: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4236421&postcount=32

- A new mission is in the making. Duration will be also 8 hours like the latest one with similar objectives. A miniature of a BlueFlag scenario so to speak.

- If more players approve of such missions then operation Act Three will go back online sometime in the near future.

- For details around operation Act Three check out the third post of the Cold War's thread on the first page: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3515116&postcount=3

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

please please, give us that mission, it looks great!!!!!

Will do in time. However, it's a very old one and most certainly needs some fixing. The MiG-19 will have to be added. The Hawk will have to be removed and replaced by the C-101. The CTLD script must be updated, etc. So there's some work to be done and testing as well.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpenwolf, what are your thoughts on re-establishing the weapon restrictions?

Normally I do it when ED releases an update which forces me to fix the missions and while doing so I configure the weapons' restrictions. Should be this week, I guess.

@alpenwolf - how is the financial situation?

should we do some fund-raising again ?

i feel guilty for not having submitted some money since a couple of time now ...

Thanks for asking, brother. Donations are always welcome!

Currently it looks like we can make it until June.2020. After that we'd need to start donating to keep the server up. So it's like we have 2-3 calls for donations every year. However, donating in advance is never wrong.

* Currently 37,11 Euros left in the server's PayPal account:

SuGgOM7.png

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

yeap but yesterday it sudenly crshed while on the phone booth mission, wich is aroun the time i wrote the question. I would like to bring up the subject of missions in wich the red side does not have ground targets such as Ossetia, Supervision and Sail Ahoy to name those that i remember, when these messions are up and there is no air oposition, things get very boring, there is just nothing to do, thats why i think it will be a great adittion the act three mission. Again thank you very much for your work.

yeap but yesterday it sudenly crshed while on the phone booth mission, wich is aroun the time i wrote the question. I would like to bring up the subject of missions in wich the red side does not have ground targets such as Ossetia, Supervision and Sail Ahoy to name those that i remember, when these messions are up and there is no air oposition, things get very boring, there is just nothing to do, thats why i think it will be a great adittion the act three mission. Again thank you very much for your work.

I get your point. I'll remove supervision from the rotation then. In Ossetia you can at least fly the Mi-8 and set up air defences.

Act Three requires some work as I have mentioned some days ago. Patience, brother. Besides, there's a bug in the mission editor where all structures have the same name. Causes problems for the scripts and triggers. Need the fix to arrive first.

With the new sale kicking off, it looks like the Helicopter Bundle has been marked down twice on the ED E-shop. I don't know if this an error or not, but for now you can pick up all 4 helicopters for just $34.99.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/bundles/helicopters_bundle/

P.S. Do it! We can always use more helo pilots!

Good news for the Hecliopters Tournaments :pilotfly:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

LOL what, you all left the server after I flew my Gazelle for 30 min. from Liwa to Dhafra? Wow, thanks guys. -.- ^^

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

LOL what, you all left the server after I flew my Gazelle for 30 min. from Liwa to Dhafra? Wow, thanks guys. -.- ^^

Mi-8s are busy, we got things to do, places to go. We don't have time to wait around for all the lesser helicopters to mosey their way downtown.

Hi Alpenwolf! Great having you around yesterday. Must have been bit of a mission flying solo in that MiG15 hehe.. but nothing is impossible in life.

Would be great if you had coms with us on discord, we got 1 full time GCi that is passionate about his role, and damn good at it as well.

Discord: https://discord.gg/cNrcNhJ

Have a good one!

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Alpenwolf! Great having you around yesterday. Must have been bit of a mission flying solo in that MiG15 hehe.. but nothing is impossible in life.

Would be great if you had coms with us on discord, we got 1 full time GCi that is passionate about his role, and damn good at it as well.

Discord: https://discord.gg/cNrcNhJ

Have a good one!

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

Thanks for the invitation, bro. However, I'd rather have people sticking to the given comms I have; TS and SRS.

Years ago we only had TS and everyone was on comms and we had incredible teamwork. Nowadays it's everyone flying solo and using Discord, TS, SRS, Skype, Whatsapp-chat, etc., etc., etc. So everyone's actually on his own or with a friend or two.

If your guy is a good dedicated GCI operator, then many players would appreciate him if he'd show up on SRS. I would've had appreciated him for sure flying my MiG-15 yesterday :smilewink:

Don't get me wrong, mate, but I only stick to TS and SRS.

See you airborne :pilotfly:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

There are no external tanks or countermeasure pods available for the viggens on 'the desert has eyes'

edit: same deal on 'when the mountains cry'

It's the KB F/C dispenser, right? 100 pieces available per airbase.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

* All fixed now. The latest update caused the problem as it's always been the case.

Server News:

- The weapons' restrictions are now implemented.

- Operation Five Points has now 2 x SA342Mistral helicopters operating from Anapa.

- Operations The Desert Has Eyes and Supervision are out of the server's missions' list.

- This is in order to give room for a new mission in the Caucasus that will go online very soon.

- Donations are always welcome to help me with funding the server.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments