Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hi Alpenwolf!

Great work on the missions, you really have created a community around this and it rocks!

We are 7 SU25T pilots that would really like to have the SU25T on every mission. Even if you could start them of in a road somewhere or a distant airport. You might have noticed that the SU25 has got allot of love the last month, and we would love to continue doing that, but we need more planes and missions that include them.

We also take them up for air to air engagements so ground targets are not necessary.

Thank you!

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Server's restarted and running!

Not sure what went wrong there. Some players were playing. Many couldn't join and others had a bad game performance. Hope the latest ED updates didn't cause anything.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi Alpenwolf!

Great work on the missions, you really have created a community around this and it rocks!

We are 7 SU25T pilots that would really like to have the SU25T on every mission. Even if you could start them of in a road somewhere or a distant airport. You might have noticed that the SU25 has got allot of love the last month, and we would love to continue doing that, but we need more planes and missions that include them.

We also take them up for air to air engagements so ground targets are not necessary.

Thank you!

Glad you guys enjoy it!

The server's old compared to many others (used to run on different IP's and under different server names) and I've been trying to optimise things throughout the years to make it as accurate as possible with the given modules and options at hand. This also includes modules that fit well based on various and even widely discussed parameters. DCS is growing bigger and we're receiving more and more modules, units, mission editor options, etc. Long story short, the Su-25A fits in better than the Su-25T. Still, I allow the Su-25T in some missions but mostly the Su-25A. And that's only because the Red side sadly lacks a proper variety of modules.

Can't promise you anything, but I'll see what I can do. 7 x Su-25T's sounds deadly to the Blue ground units :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hey Alpenwolf.

I was flying the Ka-50 on Open Range and noticed that though it has weapons the FARP does not have any fuel. Already at bingo I wasn't able to make the (long!) return trip to MinVody.

The FARP's fine, just checked it out. It must've had been attacked by the enemy which is one of the objectives and as such disabled the fuel depots.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey Alpenwolf,

Any chance for the 'Catch me if you can' to be updated with an earlier hour? It seems the last 90-120 minutes go to pitch dark

Hey,

that's actually intended. I know it's tough to fly in the dark, which is why it's just 1-2 hours and in one mission only. I'll see if I'd take 30 minutes out of it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

A dusk or night-time version of Two Towns or Five Points would be fun to try, with the artillery shooting illumination rounds over the frontlines every five minutes or so. But might work better when the weapons restrictions are back in place so that the strikers have to fly into the illuminated area instead of just using standoff weapons.

The FARP's fine, just checked it out. It must've had been attacked by the enemy which is one of the objectives and as such disabled the fuel depots.

Same thing happened to me last night during Open Range and there were no Blue forces on the server yet. I was flying an Mi-8 from Mineralnye Vody so maybe it has to something do with where you spawn.

But it's not really a big deal now that we know about it; it's just something to plan around.

Same thing happened to me last night during Open Range and there were no Blue forces on the server yet. I was flying an Mi-8 from Mineralnye Vody so maybe it has to something do with where you spawn.

But it's not really a big deal now that we know about it; it's just something to plan around.

I'll look into it then.

Thank you Alpenwolf!!

Had a great time today with the SU25’s.. there were 5 of us destroying tons of objects, an even Bogeys ������

Join our facebook group to see the pictures from your server!

DCS RED DEVILS cold war aviators

I don't use social media (except for the DCS forums if they are considered as such), but I'd gladly look it up if you could provide the link please :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Good battle last night on the Abu Dhabi mission with a nice amount of red v blue and a great guy doing GCI for blue, really enjoyed it and some good teamwork on both sides. Great mission!

Just finished up another great Abu Dhabi mission. Air assaults at the airports, then counterattacks to retake the fields, big air battle over downtown, close air support of troops in contact: it had it all. Loads of fun!

Just finished up another great Abu Dhabi mission. Air assaults at the airports, then counterattacks to retake the fields, big air battle over downtown, close air support of troops in contact: it had it all. Loads of fun!

Glad to hear. Just out of curiosity, how many players were online during the mission's time?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Glad to hear. Just out of curiosity, how many players were online during the mission's time?

There were between 4-12 players online during the last four hours of the mission, except for about 30 minutes when it dropped to just two players. Mission ended at 1700 GMT on Sunday, so right before what seems to be a peak time for the server.

There were between 4-12 players online during the last four hours of the mission, except for about 30 minutes when it dropped to just two players. Mission ended at 1700 GMT on Sunday, so right before what seems to be a peak time for the server.

Good to know. Was worried that many players don't own the Persian Gulf map which would slow me down and rather keep me designing missions for the Caucasus map only.

Thanks for the feedback!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Mr Apenwolf i was just playin Once upon a time in Bu Dabhi and the server crahsed suddenly.

It wasn't a crash, I had to restart it manually. Sorry for the mishap.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

M. Alpenwolf, we just had some problems with Ossetia. Mi-8s couldn't load any crates ("too far from logistics") and then both Red AWACS were shot down with no Blue forces on the map at about twelve minutes into the mission.

You've got to land close to where you spawn to be close enough for picking up crates. I'll enhance the pick up zone's radius to avoid such problems in the future.

If the AWACS planes were shot down within 12 minutes then it must've been friendly fire. Can't think of any other scenario. Get me the tacview file if you can please, and that bloke aint flying again on the server.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just checked the Tacview and turns out I logged off within 10 minutes of the messages that they were shot down, so nothing unusual is in the file.

I'll keep an eye out if happens again, thanks!

Update: Just looked at it again and it actually shows that an F-5 took off from Nalchik and was headed for the AWACSes. It looks like an AI plane (no name is listed for it) but it might have been a Blue player.

Link for tacview:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19iBqeZl6qSoldtXdGkTxmqFupnLQo8of

Edited by Brown Floyd