Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Server is hidden ;(

There were 9 players online moments ago... I'll restart the server upon rotation just in case.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hey Alpen,

Yesterday there was a clan on the server behaving like 5 year olds.

I was on the read team and they were on red team too. Except one of them were sitting as a blue team i Tactical Commander (GCI). Once the blue players were spawning in the tactical commander team killed the blue team from the APCs.

My suggestion is ban the entire clan or remove the Tactical Commander slot.

Supreme leader

Hey Alpen,

I was on the read team and they were on red team too. Except one of them were sitting as a blue team i Tactical Commander (GCI). Once the blue players were spawning in the tactical commander team killed the blue team from the APCs.

Removing the Cmdr slot because of some player's behaviour is unfair to all others.

punishing those responsible is more like it. Send me the tacview file, please.

EDIT:

I received a pm with the players names. I'll ban the GCI guy.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

So the clan abused friendly fire to give the red team an unfair advantage? Can't you just use a script to autoban people, who repeatedly use friendly fire?

What if it happens by mistake as often as it does in real life too? Autoban would be a bit too harsh then.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Yes of course, but I meant repeated friendly fire that becomes obvious. E.g. when multiple teamkills took place within a short time. If you do not like autoban, then you could make your script collect data from every friendly fire occurence, so you can decide yourself who you want to ban. Alternatively you could automatically send warn messages to players who made teamkills. Every teamkill increases the warn-score and that score only reduces slowly over time. Once the score hits a certain treshold, the player will be autobanned.

But when GCI uses ground forces to TK. I does not count in the stats that he is teamkilling. And i have never seen on Cold War that some deliberately team kills.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Hey Alpen,

Huh.

As a blue player, I gotta admit - that is clever.

Obscene, but clever.

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

There is a difference of playing the game within rules and being clever than cheating.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I agree with you, because I don't have as much time to play these days and it sucks when someone wastes my time that way. Even so I maintain a grudging admiration toward players who are terrible in creative ways.

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

have you disabled the use of the RWR for the Mig 19 in the mission Alpen as i dont see it in my cockpit

I don't recall doing that in any mission. Which mission is it then?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

have you disabled the use of the RWR for the Mig 19 in the mission Alpen as i dont see it in my cockpit

Maybe I am missing something, but which server setting could affect the RWR?

Edited by tom_19d
grammer

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Server settings can ovveride any player special settings. Like rwr on 19 or experimental spo10 on the 21.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Very enjoyable as always AspenWolf!

However, I continue to notice that in the mission with restricted missiles, the MiG-21s carrying R-60's (not R-60M's) can still use those missiles at any aspect while the F-5E's are left with rear-aspect AIM-9P's only. Not sure about the Viggen.

I am not sure if this is the intent of the weapon restriction, but it seems unfair and my flares seem to have no effect on the missiles (but perhaps that is something I need to practice).

Either way, I have the tacview and the fight starts at 4m40s (I am GalmOne) but I was unable to record the second fight with the same results in tac. I have video evidence only of the second fight.

DCS-The Desert Has Eyes - all aspect R-60s at 4m40s.zip

Edited by SgtPappy
EDIT: Attached tac file in zip

Server settings can ovveride any player special settings. Like rwr on 19 or experimental spo10 on the 21.

I didn’t know that was a thing, I need to get smart on the red aircraft! Thanks.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Very enjoyable as always AspenWolf!

However, I continue to notice that in the mission with restricted missiles, the MiG-21s carrying R-60's (not R-60M's) can still use those missiles at any aspect while the F-5E's are left with rear-aspect AIM-9P's only. Not sure about the Viggen.

I am not sure if this is the intent of the weapon restriction, but it seems unfair and my flares seem to have no effect on the missiles (but perhaps that is something I need to practice).

Either way, I have the tacview and the fight starts at 4m40s (I am GalmOne) but I was unable to record the second fight with the same results in tac. I have video evidence only of the second fight.

The weapons' restriction thing is mainly to change the routine and get players to use all kinds of weapons. Here you get to work on different strategies while using less sophisticated weapons. Comparing the R-60M with the R-60 shows how players are less likely to score the same amount of kills, which proves that the restriction applies. Same thing with the AIM-9P5 and the RB-74, etc. Comparing those with their predecessors shows the exact same results. I believe many make the mistake of comparing different weapons of different manufacturers with their various variants.

All planes, all cars, all vehicles, machines, electric devices, etc. have advantages and disadvantages over their counterparts. We can't just start trimming them down to get "balance" and please everyone, or so I believe.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Looks like there’s an issue with “Chaos” where the airbases are all neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked it up. All good. Airbases are not neutral.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey Alpenwolf, may I suggest to keep all available Aircrafts in every mission ? Just wanted to take the Mig 15 out for a spin but on the running mission only 21s and 19s were available. There were 4 players on at this time and I think you are limiting the player base for no reason.

Sometimes folks just want to fly a specific airframe or do not have the others. Thanks for the hard work.