Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Just been flying a bit on your server, had a good time and a few comments. Was flying the Elbrus mission.

There seem to be some bugs with WP0 (home landing field) for the Viggen and Harrier.

Also, I'm not sure if there was any logic in allowing the TPOD for the harrier, but since its a 2003+ addition to the harrier I'd disable it. The DMT/navflir is pretty sufficient for day/night bombing.

Also, weapons wise, the AGM65G is pretty comperable to the D model (same tracker) and was available in 86, though it seems like you want to keep PGM's to a minimum. Same thing for the GBU's. Though you'd need a JTAC lase for those if you eliminate the Tpod, which might keep things balanced. Though I'm not sure if your missions have JTAC's.

Also, L model sidewinders were available in the late 70's and used in the Falklands war and bekka valley, so maybe let the harrier have em.

Again, maybe you have good balance reasons for exluding the PGM's and I get the logic for excluding the all aspect IR missles if you want swirling 70's style dogfights. Maybe ask razbam if they would support older models of sidewinders which the harrier could carry.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

... Maybe ask razbam if they would support older models of sidewinders which the harrier could carry.

I did once. I guess others too.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I flew on the Command-and-Conquer mission today. One thing I noted was that I was unable to load any weapons onto the SA342M. The helicopter starts empty, and I could load the IR-suppressor and the Filter via the rearm menu, however, I was unable to load HOT3 missiles.

I tried at the spawn point (Krasnodar-C) and also flew to a nearby airport (Krasnodar-P) and tried again, but no luck. I noted that in the resource list, there is no HOT3 under A2G supplies. Perhaps they could they please be added?

If the HOT3 are not allowed on the server, could the SA342 be changed from the "M" variant to one of the others which could be armed? Thanks!

I flew on the Command-and-Conquer mission today. One thing I noted was that I was unable to load any weapons onto the SA342M. The helicopter starts empty, and I could load the IR-suppressor and the Filter via the rearm menu, however, I was unable to load HOT3 missiles.

I tried at the spawn point (Krasnodar-C) and also flew to a nearby airport (Krasnodar-P) and tried again, but no luck. I noted that in the resource list, there is no HOT3 under A2G supplies. Perhaps they could they please be added?

If the HOT3 are not allowed on the server, could the SA342 be changed from the "M" variant to one of the others which could be armed? Thanks!

I'll check it out tomorrow.

Been very busy at work lately, a new project and all, but things should go back to normal in the upcoming days and I shall go back to updating all missions among other things I've promised to do.

Bloody real life, huh? :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The warehouses were updated.

Currently updating the mission Swedish Delivery. Briefing texts for Red are finished, but still working on the same for Blue.

Also I forgot (actually had no time) to announce the April donators of the server. For that I apologise, so here they are (last names excluded)

Owv3D6x.png

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The mission Swedish Delivery has been updated. Pilots will receive briefing texts upon spawning to keep them up to date on the situation. However, this is not a replacement of the actual briefing that everyone should read.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

A New Mission Has Arrived:

Operation: Chaos

* Mission lasts for 3 hours

* All weapons are allowed except for the nuke bombs.

* Mission will be online tonight.

Situation:

Red airbase: Gudauta.

Blue airbase: Sukhumi.

In this mission the goal is to raise the stress level of the pilots quite high by having their airbases separated by only ca. 50 km (ca. 30 miles). You taxi, take off and fly right into action. Dogfights are the main battles here, however, there are 6 cargo ships right next to both airbases that pilots can try and go on a risky mission trying to sink them at bullseye.

Feel free to fly over the enemy's airbase and drop bombs on it. Only IR SAM's and AAA's defend both airbases.

All weapons except for the nuke bombs are allowed, however in very limited numbers.

Objectives For Both Coalitions Are The Same:

* There are 6 enemy ships at bullseye next to the enemy's airbase. Try to sink them!

* Meet the enemy planes over the coast line and turn 'em into ashes!

PX0epsq.jpg

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Left the mission despite a packed server, was strafed and damaged three times without as much as a chance of taking off. No fun at all.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Left the mission despite a packed server, was strafed and damaged three times without as much as a chance of taking off. No fun at all.

I understand. This mission is chaotic, I know. I'll keep updating it to make it flyable and see how things come about. Besides, Red were really outnumbered, buddy :(

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

True. When I asked for someone to come over to the other side, no-one responded. Not a huge fan of this kind of instant action, even Phone Booth is already a bit of a squeeze. Wish we could've flown together for a bit longer, you left quite suddenly.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Oh I can imagine. Until next time!

Some thoughts regarding the new 'Chaos' mission:

Over all, I like the idea. We have some missions like 'Open Range' where you fly for hundreds of kilomtres before reaching the target and that can get a tad bit dull sometimes. This is the opposite; a welcome change.

The teams were very unbalanced when I joined, which resulted in almost constant attacks on the red airfield. After a while, though, the teams balanced out. Reds joined and blues left until it was something like 5 blue vs 4 red.

I recommend filling the airfields with radar guided AAA in order to deter folks from attacking the airfields while, at the same time, not making the airspace between the airfields wholly inhospitable.

The weapons. I take it all weapons are allowed in order to generate more "chaos"? I like that there is a limited supply of guided munitions. How many of each are there to begin with?

Lastly, set the run time to be quite low for this one. I'd say 2 hours is enough. That way, we can go back to a more reasonable scenario rather quickly and everyone's happy.

TL;DR: Good idea, put bumloads of radar AAA at the airfields, make the mission short.

Some thoughts regarding the new 'Chaos' mission:

Over all, I like the idea. We have some missions like 'Open Range' where you fly for hundreds of kilomtres before reaching the target and that can get a tad bit dull sometimes. This is the opposite; a welcome change.

The teams were very unbalanced when I joined, which resulted in almost constant attacks on the red airfield. After a while, though, the teams balanced out. Reds joined and blues left until it was something like 5 blue vs 4 red.

I recommend filling the airfields with radar guided AAA in order to deter folks from attacking the airfields while, at the same time, not making the airspace between the airfields wholly inhospitable.

The weapons. I take it all weapons are allowed in order to generate more "chaos"? I like that there is a limited supply of guided munitions. How many of each are there to begin with?

Lastly, set the run time to be quite low for this one. I'd say 2 hours is enough. That way, we can go back to a more reasonable scenario rather quickly and everyone's happy.

TL;DR: Good idea, put bumloads of radar AAA at the airfields, make the mission short.

Good feedback. More or less my thoughts. Yesterday it was more like testing.

Each airbase is defended by 8 x AAA's and 8 x IR SAM units. I guess that wasn't enough so I'll add more and/or change the type of some units.

2 hours is better than 3, that was my conclusion as well, so +1

Allowing all weapons (except for the nukes) is to simply break the routine we have with restricted weapons in all other missions.

I've reduced the number of the available aircraft to have less chaos :smilewink:

- Instead of 10 x MiG-21's we now have 8 (same with the F-5).

- Instead of 6 x MiG-19's we now have 4 (same with the Viggens).

- 2 x MiG-15's/F-86's and 2 x L-39's/C-101's.

- I'll add 2 x I-16's and 2 x P-51's.

More changes are possible. We'll see...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

+1.

That's close to about 75% of my rounds on the server on other maps as well, really.

(Well, maybe not. But more often than not the other side is circling the field and jumping planes that are barely wheels up.)

But then, I'm not on this server a whole lot, so it might just be my luck.

Ah this brings back "fond" memories of "Vultching" from aces high a few decades ago.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That's close to about 75% of my rounds on the server on other maps as well, really.

(Well, maybe not. But more often than not the other side is circling the field and jumping planes that are barely wheels up.)

But then, I'm not on this server a whole lot, so it might just be my luck.

I highly doubt that. Haven't heard the like in ages. The airbases are well defended and far enough from each other to avoid exactly that. But then again, you're not a whole lot on the server :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I highly doubt that. Haven't heard the like in ages. The airbases are well defended and far enough from each other to avoid exactly that. But then again, you're not a whole lot on the server :smilewink:

Take it with a pinch of salt, didn't really mean that as a proper criticism of any of the missions. But my last visit was actually very short since I decided to just leave quietly again after finding a huge bomb crater spanning all across the taxiway to the active runway... Nothing to worry in general, though.

Take it with a pinch of salt, didn't really mean that as a proper criticism of any of the missions. But my last visit was actually very short since I decided to just leave quietly again after finding a huge bomb crater spanning all across the taxiway to the active runway... Nothing to worry in general, though.

Never have I felt offended by any comment, buddy. You can read through this thread and other threads as well. I'm actually always welcoming critics. In fact, some mission scenarios were changed and improved based on the players' critics :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments