Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Note that sometimes when you don't see the server, is because I take it down for a few minutes to change some settings trying to solve the problem.

I'll have RuSh tonight looking into it, who's more knowledgeable than me.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Tried again and i can't see and connect to the server. When i connect to the srs server, i can see and connect to the game server. When connected i get a message from SRS which says another server is being advertised on 127.0.0.1:5002 :) Maybe DCS can't see the server because there is no specific port in the first place and when SRS is connected, DCS starts to see it as a server on the next available port. SRS is usually around 5000 and DCS on 10300. But its just a wild guess from me.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I tried again to get on this morning so I will share my results for your troubleshooting Alpenwolf...

-launched DCS, couldn't see server, no direct IP connection

-tried a PING command using the DOS command window. I was able to ping your server

-launched DCS again, still couldn't see your server, no direct IP

-closed DCS, launched SRS, joined your SRS with no issue

-launched DCS, voila, your server was there in the browser

-closed DCS, closed SRS, relaunched DCS only and your server was still right there in the browser

This is such a strange issue, hopefully these notes can help as you try to track it down.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Tried again and i can't see and connect to the server. When i connect to the srs server, i can see and connect to the game server. When connected i get a message from SRS which says another server is being advertised on 127.0.0.1:5002 :) Maybe DCS can't see the server because there is no specific port in the first place and when SRS is connected, DCS starts to see it as a server on the next available port. SRS is usually around 5000 and DCS on 10300. But its just a wild guess from me.

I've asked Ciribob about it. Still awaiting his response. We'll see...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I think your firewall configuration is wrong... At those rules when you allow srs and dcs trafic, you shoul have remote port set at any. This configuration allows connections only from client which have source port 10308 - source port could be any random number from 1024 to 65535....

did some test with your server, quite weird thing:

it is not visible in list.

without being connected with srs, dcs can't connect to it via IP

being connected to the srs server, connection is suddenly possible - srs telling me that the server i connect to has a different ip.

so from my point of view there seems to be some sort of names-mismatch on server side

could this be possible?

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

did some test with your server, quite weird thing:

it is not visible in list.

without being connected with srs, dcs can't connect to it via IP

being connected to the srs server, connection is suddenly possible - srs telling me that the server i connect to has a different ip.

so from my point of view there seems to be some sort of names-mismatch on server side

could this be possible?

tried this aswell, and yep.. server finally shows up after connecting to srs first

tried conecting to SRS via this 193.70.81.86 IP. no sucsess. there is no server list in DCS either. and when l try conecting by IP, l get a msg saying server offline. are you shure you are hosting in 2.5 beta ?

Currently offline due to changes I'm adding. Server goes on and off to test things.

Could it be, by accident, you've found a way to enforce SRS connection for players? :P

It's one of those strange things that I keep checking this thread just because my lust for problem solving compels me to know the outcome.

No. No scripts are used to enforce anything.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

No. No scripts are used to enforce anything.

You misunderstand, I mean have you inadvertently, through this bug, whatever it turns out to be found a new way to enforce SRS. Also tongue in cheek. Personally I'm against any measures to limit participation in DCS multiplayer and I am under the impression you share similar feelings.

You misunderstand, I mean have you inadvertently, through this bug, whatever it turns out to be found a new way to enforce SRS. Also tongue in cheek. Personally I'm against any measures to limit participation in DCS multiplayer and I am under the impression you share similar feelings.

I'm not going to enforce anything, if that helps you relax :smilewink:

Able to see the server now?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

No. Not in game, on the server list nor can I connect SRS. Have you taken it down again?

I've disabled SRS completely to see how it runs without it. Ciribob confirms that SRS is somehow opening the ports for DCS. I've shut down the server twice since my last post here, so maybe you didn't catch the window then. It's back up again.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments