Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Can't believe the last update has also screwed up the missions. It's an endless torture to mission designers, mate. It's a boring thing to do especially when talking about 10 missions. But as always, I do fix them and put them on Beta. Was busy over the last 2-3 days, is all.

Aim-9M stays. We've discussed that many times already and that you know, so no worries.

hey man missed your reply. The struggle is real... Sorry I forgot how much that shit can mess up the missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey man missed your reply. The struggle is real... Sorry I forgot how much that shit can mess up the missions.

All good, baby :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Alpen, did the update screwed up the dynamic campaign too? I liked the idea of fly randomly and hit some ground targets without compromise with an exact goal.

It was screwed up too, but I've fixed that. Currently the missions are running on the server. Soon the dynamic campaign will be back.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi Alpen and congrats about your own sever. Since 2.5 I've been away from DCS until recent multiplayer improvement.

I would like to point out that now that you have remove the moving map it is very difficult to get to know where you are on the map and what and where are the objective.

I made a video to explain what I mean.

I have spawned in Beslan but when I go on the map I can't see where is Beslan, as you can also see when I move or zoom on the map the grids, the lat's and long's and the names of the town are moving, that make it quite challenging to find the area of operation and targets.

Edited by Decibel dB

Hi Alpen and congrats about your own sever. Since 2.5 I've been away from DCS until recent multiplayer improvement.

I would like to point out that now that you have remove the moving map it is very difficult to get to know where you are on the map and what and where are the objective.

I made a video to explain what I mean.

I have spawned in Beslan but when I go on the map I can't see where is Beslan, as you can also see when I move or zoom on the map the grids, the lat's and long's and the names of the town are moving, that make it quite challenging to find the area of operation and targets.

I think the issue with shifting names and grids on the map was reported. I don't have the issue and many others don't either. Probably you need to fix that yourself somehow. Not sure how to do it because I never had this probelm.

The problem I have and maybe everyone else is the "hidden" airbases. Seems like occupied airbases are "deleted" on the map while airbases set to neutral are available still. As fas as I'm concerned, this is a bug ED needs to fix, or at least I was told so.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I joined DCS multiplayer last night for the first time in ages, but didn't notice this server. Every server I saw had modern planes, and I prefer to fly the older birds mostly. No point flying a Mig-15 against Hornets! If it takes time to spool up and take off, it's frustrating to be shot down by an enemy you can't see. Much better to lose a dogfight :)

I look forward to checking out your server tonight!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

@animaal:

Hope, you like it :thumbup:

For MiG-15 vs F-86 only, check out this server:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194192

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpen, one question, did you bring back the AV8?

The 10 old missions you're familiar with are online currently. So yes, the Harrier is included in most missions. Not in the dynamic campaign though, which will back online some time.

The idea is to have the missions run for a while, then launch the campaign for 2-3 weeks until a coalition wins, and then go back to the missions for a change.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

hey Alpenwolf is the server on OB or stable? I can't find it

Try putting in the IP manually. It almost never pops up in the list for me.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Server was showing today but seems to be down now

Just checked it out. Up and running! Ok, I'll restart it now. Might help...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments