Virpil Throttle Advice please...

Aooli

I'm starting to doubt if version 1 will arrive any time in the near future. I've got a pit waiting for a throttle. Deadline just got blown out. Maybe end of October is the new deadline. Version 1 should have had these features. I've been saying this in lots of threads, I cant believe how under served the flight sim hardware is. There literally is not a single prosumer grade throttle has everything I want. Throttles costing $403.00 US after shipping should include, to me;

1) Good construction and materials for longevity.

2) Hall sensors for everything applicable

3) An analog mini stick

4) 4 and 5 way hats

5) Separate axis for twin engines

6) User select able finger lifts or detents

7) Lots of generic switches/buttons/rotaries on the base

8 Axis control for radar planes

AND

9) A company that has a product in stock or at least meets delivery deadlines.

The Virpil gets so close......but no cigar. Since it's the best thing out there, I guess I'll wait for it to arrive someday. If I want to fly in the next two months though I guess i'm going to have to waste some money on a placeholder. Thrustmasters lack of offerings and lack of product updates is disappointing. The TMWT overall is a big disappointment for anything other than the A10C module. The analog slew is trash, but it's available. The TMWS has been less than great as well. Mine was off by 3000+ center calibration right out of the box.

I'm starting to doubt if version 1 will arrive any time in the near future. I've got a pit waiting for a throttle. Deadline just got blown out. Maybe end of October is the new deadline. Version 1 should have had these features. I've been saying this in lots of threads, I cant believe how under served the flight sim hardware is. There literally is not a single prosumer grade throttle has everything I want. Throttles costing $403.00 US after shipping should include, to me;

1) Good construction and materials for longevity.

2) Hall sensors for everything applicable

3) An analog mini stick

4) 4 and 5 way hats

5) Separate axis for twin engines

6) User select able finger lifts or detents

7) Lots of generic switches/buttons/rotaries on the base

8 Axis control for radar planes

AND

9) A company that has a product in stock or at least meets delivery deadlines.

The Virpil gets so close......but no cigar. Since it's the best thing out there, I guess I'll wait for it to arrive someday. If I want to fly in the next two months though I guess i'm going to have to waste some money on a placeholder. Thrustmasters lack of offerings and lack of product updates is disappointing. The TMWT overall is a big disappointment for anything other than the A10C module. The analog slew is trash, but it's available. The TMWS has been less than great as well. Mine was off by 3000+ center calibration right out of the box.

When did you order....i gather you went through the intl store?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 4 weeks later...

As I have posted in the other thread, replying to your very detailed and useful feedback: RTFM.

All the basic operations are already available as well as a few of the advanced. You say Virpil has the worst software, damn, shall we talk about Saitek? Meh..

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

I placed my order on the third of August after quickly querying about a delivery date and they replied 'next month'.

After they moved the internationl store my login of course does not work and there was no to way login and check the order so I shot them an email on Monday.

They replied 'Order is set for delivery this week' and yesterday evening I got the delivery email with tracking number.

If anyone has been waiting awhile, no harm in sending them a polite email.

So I hope it's on its way now, it is a bit annoying. Ideally it would have arrived while I still had the option to return the brand spanking new warthog throttle I got after the noisy pot on my CH throttle killed me in the p51 ;)

Which lapsed a little over a week ago (60 day store return policy)

Ok that wasn't all the fault of my throttle.

Anyhoo that leaves me with both.

I'm thinking a posh dedicated handbrake and landing gear lever?

And if DCS wants to release a quad engine big bird I'd be ready.

Oh woe be my tragic circumstances.[/sarcasm]

I was thinking using the 1-5 selector as a form of Hold-modifier in DCS so I could quickly select what radios the dials and encoders would control in for example the Huey or other functions.

But if I set this in DCS, the unit, or it's software report separate inputs for each selection, it should, I think work out to the same.

As for a ministick, well the warthog throttle nipple is the definition of useless, a binary on-off hat is better.

But I also have a constellation delta stick on the way which does have a thumb stick for slew or whatnot.

I still might prefer my mongoose grip though.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I'm using the Warthog Throttle and don't really have issues with its slew control.

It's usually way too sensitive by default, but the sensitivity can be reduced module-specific in the Target profiles.

Too bad they didn't add a rotary control like on the F/A-18 right throttle (I know the A-10C doesn't have it, but it would make the Throttles more universal), but that's the only real beef I have with it.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 1 year later...
You can program it for different speeds and acceleration. It's not an expensive piece of hardware (for me) btw. If I get bored of it I'll buy another if there is a new one on the market - if there is an updated version, I'll have it as soon as it's available too, because I think it's a well made toy and I can't really be bothered by some petty details unless I decide to build a simpit, maybe one day when I have more time. As far as DCS game requires it, it works extremely well and it's a fun to use, ministick or not. If someone is absolutely sure that ministick is required, this device is not for that person. Otherwise, give it a try, the functional difference in game is close to zero.

I know this is an old thread but I have recently bought a 2nd hand (basiaclly brand new) T-50 V2 thottle and I'd like to know how you can program the 5way hat speed as per above!

Thank you!:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black