rockets launch problem

blast

Hi everyone,

When using rockets, whatever the type of rocket:

- In single mode, one press release half of them

- In salve mode, one press release all of them

Is there a way to set the number of rockets? What am i missing here?

Yes, this is correct because the pods are hard-set to ripple. Later, we'll add pods hard-set to single release.

This is discussed in our video on rockets.

As far as I remember I saw in the video tutorial about rockets, only one rocket launched and not all. Then it should be possible to do it ?

Actually, this is what happens when you launch a single volley.

Is it intended? I'd rather expect one of both pods to be empty, the other one still being full after one pickle. Or is this how the BRU electrics actually work?

Just a thought about it: If the pods were capped (why aren't they? DCS has it already, is it just still WIP or is it how the real thing is?) you'd have a dirty one shot empty and the other one's still full and clean instead of having two dirty ones half empty or half full, whichever you'd see.

Also the STEP OSB switch doesn't switch over to another pylon when you first press it. It switches over to the next pod on the same BRU before going to the next one. This also makes me expect just one pod to fire instead of both.

348044508_DCS2018-06-0205-25-47-96.thumb.jpg.20a10984dbc357c488ac007c5f5bde3e.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It's the LAU-61 that is set series or salvo, a switch on the LAU itself. If the pod is set to salvo then it fires a salvo when a release pulse is received regardless of what any other pod is doing. When set mode switch single it fires 2 rockets per pulse. The intervalometer is marked L (load) A (arm) and numbered positions for checking/firing sequence.

The picture suggest those pods are set to single firing and have received 4.5 or 5 pulses.

Frangible covers are pretty rare I think. They're in inventory but not often used?

How the jet decides to send pulses to the LAUs I don't know. Usually fast jets with low stability like symmetry so I expect paired stations, possibly pairing the outboard substations then inner or vice versa.