how to use bombs?

blast

Hi everyone,

I read the manual + watched the video tutorial on how to use bombs in ccrp and ccip mode but i am still unable to drop them.

I tried mk82 and mk82 snake eyes with different programs (auto, ccip) but nothing worked. Here is a screenshots of my storage:

https://imgur.com/a/8ddL8P2

What am I missing?

Edited by blast

Please make sure you are using the weapon release button (held down), not the trigger.

I was indeed pushing the trigger for air-air weapons and not the air-ground button. Then I'm able to drop in CCIP.

But in auto mode (CCRP) bombs I don't understand how to mark targets then bombs are not dropped. Any idea?

Edited by blast

undesignate anything that you previously had designated. You will see a ball and chain indication on the HUD. Position the reticule by maneuvering the plane over the target and designate by hitting the tdc designate button or your pickle button. You'll see a diamond at the spot and an ASL line - the bomb fall line. You can fine adjust the mark spot by just slewing it around with your tdc. When you are satisfied with your mark point. Fly the ASL where you'll see a descending horizontal cue begin to move down the ASL line. Hold the pickle button until the line moves past the FPM at which point the bombs will auto release and the ASL line will begin to blink. To get back the ball and chain indications, undesignated the mark point and start the process over again.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

In the manual (page 92) it seems to be clear to mark a target but in the facts it is not:

> Designating a waypoint location as the target as set on the HSI using the WPDSG option. -> This one i am able to do it

> Flying to place the reticle pipper over the target and designate it with the Weapon Release Button -> not working. When pressing release button nothing happens. There is no marking

> Setting the TDC to the HUD and slewing the TDC over the target and designating it by pressing the TDC switch -> Im not even sure to understand this one. I press TDC up (the TDC to select an air target) and nothing happens.

My gosh, why is it such unclear to mark a target??

Edited by blast

In the manual (page 92) it seems to be clear to mark a target but in the facts it is not:

> Designating a waypoint location as the target as set on the HSI using the WPDSG option. -> This one i am able to do it

> Flying to place the reticle pipper over the target and designate it with the Weapon Release Button -> not working. When pressing release button nothing happens. There is no marking

> Setting the TDC to the HUD and slewing the TDC over the target and designating it by pressing the TDC switch -> Im not even sure to understand this one. I press TDC up (the TDC to select an air target) and nothing happens.

My gosh, why is it such unclear to mark a target??

There is a push down action on the Target designate controller (TDC) you need to also bind that to a button, look it up under the HOTAS controls in the options.

Nose wheel steer mode (NWS) to undesignated, this is also for the A2A missiles etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146595&d=1471491083

Edited by David OC
  • Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Resolved?

yes it is, as said above :

1. To drop bombs/rockets we have to push the dedicated button on hotas and not the trigger (dedicated for air-air). So we need to bind it separately on our joystick.

2.To mark a target in CCRP (= auto mode), we have to push the TDC up on hotas (NOT the TDC to select air targets). Same, we have to bind it on our joystick.

In my opinion these 2 points were not correctly explained both in manual or videos tutorials. On the other hand the others aspects are well explained.

Actually, both guide and video correctly indicate that you must set TDC to HUD to allow TGT designation from HUD.

I agree but "TDC to HUD" makes me confused with the radar TDC. Thank you for your help.

How i can do that with keyboard? I dont have a joystick...

All the commands are accessible with your keyboard. You need to bind it accordingly to your preferences. By the way, a hotas, even a cheap one, is highly recommended if you want to use DCS.

• 3 years later...
On 6/3/2018 at 2:22 AM, David OC said:

There is a push down action on the Target designate controller (TDC) you need to also bind that to a button, look it up under the HOTAS controls in the options.

Nose wheel steer mode (NWS) to undesignated, this is also for the A2A missiles etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146595&d=1471491083

I love you 😄