Incredible damage model!

Hey,

I just wanted to voice my appreciation for the work that went into the damage model for the Hornet. I cannot stay silent about how superb this module is, setting a new bar for upcoming modules.

Two examples:

1. I took some shrapnel damage from an R-27 that exploded very close to my aircraft. If you look closely, you can see the radome through the holes in the nose:

o4NLLy9.png

2. Tonight a few friends and myself did some formation flying practice. One of them collided with me, shearing half a wing off his aircraft and taking one of my vertical stabilisers with him:

qM0ubio.png

I returned to base and landed without major incidents.

Thank you, ED and BST! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

i also lost a vertical stabiliser today, in an instant mission, and having shot down the guilty party, i was all good to find an airport and land. However, as you might have found, when you drop the flaps, the rudders, or rudder in my case, go toe-in and that caused a fair bit of yaw, that i had to address with loads of opposite trim.

i did manage to get down on the ground, albeit off to the side of the runway, but having inspected the damage I was pretty impressed.

The part that has the hole in it is the Radome, what you see inside is the radar :)

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive