F/A 18 Countermeasures Chaff/Flares

Call_Sign

There is a dispense button left side of the cockpit, Nothing happens when i press it? Center console dispense switch set to on. Am i doing anything wrong?

Manual for F18 if someone could kindly direct me to it, (if there is one)

Thanks in advance.:)

Do not forget Master Arm and try dispense with bypass:

ALR-67 = on

Dispencer = on/bypass

EW page

ALW-47 mode= Manual/Semi active

Master Arm = ARM

My ALR-67 is always crossed out, even though everything is on and BIT tested, any idea?

Here you go, sorry if the commentary is alittle wonky. I recorded last minute at 5 o'clock.

He says something after mentioning AUTO mode that is muttered/gibberish.. ???

So in AUTO mode it will NOT automatically dispense chaff/flare when you are fired on? Because I thought thats what it was for.:joystick:

What should this button do? Is it anyhow programmable? For me it just throws almost everything at one push.

The slap switch activates expendables program 6 in the CMS. Prog 6 isn't configurable in the cockpit, but can be changed by editing the lua file directly. The default program is rather excessive.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I found a very usefull tutoril from RedKite on Youtube.

Thanks to Redkite for this great help.

Thanks for the link. I like the way the F/A-18 does this it makes you get involved with what is an important part of the defence of the aircraft. However I would love to be able to do this from the planning phase of missions and be able to load a data cartridge before I get into starting up etc. i'm aware of the lua file thing.

It's important to have the right programs for the particular mission you are about to go on and the different types of threat you face. And to be honest setting this up every time I fly a mission is going to get boring very quickly.

I hope ED implement that sort of thing in the future.

:thumbup:

Edited by Mule

IRRC wasnt the hornet supposed to in the future have an addon package of additional flares/ Chaffs that would be display in a seperate area of the EW page, to the standard internal storage of the ones we have now?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Gotta think about it in terms of the Navy. If there's a physical electrical problem that causes accidental flare discharge, you've got a ship-board explosion waiting to happen. Best to have the system completely disabled until the aircraft has disembarked the carrier.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Yeah . Noticed in the news today some poor mechanic in Belgium accidentally triggered the gun in an F-16 , blowing the hell out of the Viper in front of him . Even worse , the resulting fire from that aircraft damaged the one he was in . Moral of the story-stuff happens . :(

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2