saitek X-55 request

Can anyone of you fine folks recommend or create an FA18 X-55 Profile for this module and make it available for download?

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can anyone of you fine folks recommend or create an FA18 X-55 Profile for this module and make it available for download?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3508368&postcount=5

Lol I literally just posted that in another thread.....I guess I could make one when I get home tonight...Gonna have to dig out my x55 stick though since I use a combination of x55 throttle and Warthog Stick.

But if you promise to put it to good use, I guess I can make one

Is there a reason why you guys are profiling this in the Saitek software rather than just binding in game?

because the game software can't do near as much as saiteks software can especially for programming the mouse axis. DCS actually has no control over the mouse axis other than basic functions. With Saiteks software I can turn the mouse stick on the throttle into a 4 way hat which I assume is what the guy above's post is doing to do the slew of the TDC. I did this on my x52 for falcon BMS to use for the radar slew. With the Saitek software I can use 3 different modes too. so my buttons can be programmed 3 times over. this is another thing DCS can't do. I use 2 modes. TO/Landing and in flight modes personally. so I have to use the saitek software in order to do that.

Edited by Coolcat

Is there a reason why you guys are profiling this in the Saitek software rather than just binding in game?

Because what the previous poster explained, and also, there is no way to assign the TDC slew axis at the moment, this will take care of two birds, one stone...

Even Warthog HOTAS owners can't bind slew axis at the moment.

If you really want to know I use a mixture of ingame programming and saitek. For functions I need in all 3 modes on the same button. I program those in game saves me having to program 3 separate modes with the same exact key which isn't hard but still more involved than 1 bind. For functions that I do use separately I program that in the saitek depending on which mode does what.

If you really want to know I use a mixture of ingame programming and saitek. For functions I need in all 3 modes on the same button. I program those in game saves me having to program 3 separate modes with the same exact key which isn't hard but still more involved than 1 bind. For functions that I do use separately I program that in the saitek depending on which mode does what.
On the harrier I programmed in the saitek software the mode dial to the aircraft master mode (vstol, AG, nav), works flawlessly. Tired to do the same with the Hornet for AA and AG but so far not had much luck (though not tried that hard yet in fairness)

On the harrier I programmed in the saitek software the mode dial to the aircraft master mode (vstol, AG, nav), works flawlessly. Tired to do the same with the Hornet for AA and AG but so far not had much luck (though not tried that hard yet in fairness)

I can check it out later on when I get home from work if you'd like. Might need to do a Keyboard type of binding then software programming to act as keyboard input to get it to work. I know I have it set up that way for My A-10C where the mode dial was actually the "pinky switch" for external lights.

I had no desire to learn more software right now BUT seems I will force myself to learn the X-55 RHINO Software if someone can be kind enough to walk me thru it. I have always just programmed it thru the sim. I have the profile from CHRISXTR3M3 but need to figure out how to implement it. Is there a guide that could "GUIDE" me?

I promise to put it to excellent use!

Win 10 PRO 64bit

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had no desire to learn more software right now BUT seems I will force myself to learn the X-55 RHINO Software if someone can be kind enough to walk me thru it. I have always just programmed it thru the sim. I have the profile from CHRISXTR3M3 but need to figure out how to implement it. Is there a guide that could "GUIDE" me?

you basically go into the programming tab of the software and create a new template. editing the template you add keystrokes and bind them to the buttons on the stick. the difficult part for me is adding "Bands" to the axis movements for slew and TDC functions. (Mouse nipple) that's why I leave it to the guys who know what they are doing then download their templates :thumbup:

Win 10 PRO 64bit

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The attached image is the best I could come up with on the fly while at work. SHhhhhhh don't tell my boss!

I hope this helps! If you need further clarification please let me know!

158228846_x55_mouse_nippleProfileloading1.thumb.jpg.d5d296d3d89d350b1a7998683fc7cd94.jpg

1741560563_x55_mouse_nippleProfileloading.thumb.jpg.5f0e81b87ef941fa6fbf917c267551cc.jpg

Edited by CHRISXTR3M3

Yeah I have the X55 and was wondering why I couldnt use all the buttons etc on the Throttle as never knew you had to use the software (always been lazy and downloaded profiles before! Shame on me)

I take it you really need DCS and the X55 software open so you know which key combination it has to use to bind in that software?

I cant seem to get the throttle separate for the stick. The stick moves when I move the throttle or the stick.

i7-7700 OC'ed 5.0 :joystick:-2x16GB DDR4-4000 :joystick:-GTX1080 8GB :joystick: -500GB 960EVO NVMe :joystick:-ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero:joystick:-Oculus Rift:joystick:-X55 HOTAS

I cant seem to get the throttle separate for the stick. The stick moves when I move the throttle or the stick.

Did you check in the DCS control settings to make sure it didn't dupe them? that's happened to me before.

What is going wrong when I can assign my X52 Pro software to a key without issue. I can press the key board and the command works in game but not when I press the joy stick to command that same key? This happens 50 % of the time.

What is going wrong when I can assign my X52 Pro software to a key without issue. I can press the key board and the command works in game but not when I press the joy stick to command that same key? This happens 50 % of the time.

Are you leaving the x-52 software up in a the back ground or minimizing it down to the tray? (this seemed to have a random effect at times for inputs working for me)

Also I had found that the USB ports on my mobo weren't powerful enough so sometimes i would even get ghost keys. I would open the software and watch all the keys light up like a Christmas tree. So i invested in a lil $10 powered USB port that alleviated that.

Are you leaving the x-52 software up in a the back ground or minimizing it down to the tray? (this seemed to have a random effect at times for inputs working for me)

Also I had found that the USB ports on my mobo weren't powerful enough so sometimes i would even get ghost keys. I would open the software and watch all the keys light up like a Christmas tree. So i invested in a lil $10 powered USB port that alleviated that.

I do and will shut it down and try again...thanks I'll get back and let you know.