Larger, blurry HUD and DDI fonts

Bullant

Sigh, this still hasn't been fixed in the latest update. Are you guys ever going to address this?

They've branded this as [REPORTED] in all caps, these people have thousands of things in their to-do list(s), it will be there in a future update, it doesn't have to be the nearest one. You have to be patient.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

They've branded this as [REPORTED] in all caps, these people have thousands of things in their to-do list(s), it will be there in a future update, it doesn't have to be the nearest one. You have to be patient.

Yah... Patience is a virtue they say but this specifically is the most annoying issue with the Hornet ATM and I would like to see it fixed sooner rather than later...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

I have gone back to a single monitor solution for now until this is fixed. Not ideal, but at least it is flyable.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I just lean in. A lot. Then MAYBE I can read it lol ;) Seriously though, I do lean in and I get what I'm looking at.

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

I have gone back to a single monitor solution for now until this is fixed. Not ideal, but at least it is flyable.

One can dim the green and change color by RGB,brightness code in

".. \DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\materials.lua"

:

-- MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.HUD] = {2, 255, 20, 255}

I changed to darker less bright (R,G,B,brightness)

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.HUD] = {65, 190, 65, 100}

and

--- MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] = {94, 202, 0, 255} -- MDI original

changed to same

{65, 190, 65, 100}

You might want

{65, 190, 65, 155}

but I liked a very dim font

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Yep, 3840x3240 here and it's doing the same thing. Did it from day 1 so it took me a while to realize it shouldn't be that way.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Hornet MFD Font size

In the Standard sitting Position and Zoom Level the Font size is way to big too be readable. :helpsmilie:

If I zoom in I can read all the Text better and the Lines become way finer and less fat/bulky.

In other Modules I don’t have this problem, not in the A-10c, AV-8b or Mirage for example.

I play in 4k and like to just look at my dial gauge and MFD without zooming in too much. Works like a charm in other Modules but the Hornet has some strange features with the Font.

If it is an intended Feature can you please make it to a Special-Menu Option so I can turn it off?

Thanks for the awesome work!

Greetings,

-LwG 51 DS- FatCat :joystick:

I thought I was the only one

I play in just cooking HD and it's just the same.

For some reason I find that if you move your head forward the HUD becomes readable and fits on the glass, but if I move my head back the font seems to get bigger and all the info is no longer visible on the HUD

Zooming doesn't seem to effect it but moving my head back makes it unreadable

I hope it gets fixed soon

Just wanted to confirm that majapahit's suggestion about turning down the brightness in the lua file does seem to help; I lowered both HUD and DDI font brightness to 150 and it's noticeably easier to read now. Not a permanent or ideal fix, but at least improves it for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...
Yah... Patience is a virtue they say but this specifically is the most annoying issue with the Hornet ATM and I would like to see it fixed sooner rather than later...

:D

I could name a few most annoying issues too. Pretty sure everybody here have each their own.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Meanwhile I“m not sure if this a real solution on this matter. At least it is a workaround:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555460&postcount=117

Reported issue there was this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3554104&postcount=104

Pls read up to the end of that thread, as there are some more findings and maybe a good idea to track that bug down or at least solve it in another way.

Edited by RightStuff

I believe it has been corrected. reading of the instruments seems better here.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Is this a video card , multi monitor, or resolution issue? Why are so many Utube vids showing thin fonts????

It seems to be a resolution thing. Most youtube players are apparently not playing or recording in 4K.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Editing the *.lua my DDI's, both in cockpit and exported to triple side screens look great.

Not so much the AMPCD, thick horrible font and symbols still.

running 6k

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I noticed this on my 46" lcd hdtv with hdmi and a GTX1060 video card. I told others in my squad I was having problems with the font in my ddi. To me it looks bad, hard to read. I see others too find it hard to read.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Hi,

I am running 2K and have the problem too.

I would much appreciate if ED can fix this in the future.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync