How about a clickable-cockpit J-11A?

vegue

The only 3rd-generation fighter made by ED itself with clickable cockpit is F/A-18C now. Is it possible that we leave Su-27SK in FC series, while making J-11A clickable and sold separately?

The only 3rd-generation fighter made by ED itself with clickable cockpit is F/A-18C now. Is it possible that we leave Su-27SK in FC series, while making J-11A clickable and sold separately?

Can't speak for the devs but it is highly unlikely to happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

No big deal, but F/A-18A/C/D is 4th gen. F/A-18E/F is 4.5.

Mig-21bis is 3rd gen

Mig-29A/C is 4th gen.

F-5E is 3rd Gen

F-4E/G 3rd Gen.

F-111G is 3.5 stradling the grey area between 3rd and 4th gen.

SU-24 4th gen a-g

Tornado is 4th gen

F-14A/B is early 4th Gen.

F-15C, F-15J(JASDF) is 4th Gen

F-15E, F-15I,F-15SA are 4.5

F-15 Silent Eagle is 4.5++

SU-27/30/33, J-11A/B, is 4th Gen

SU-35, SU-30MKI is 4.5.

F/A-22, F-35, SU-57 are 5th Gen.

I also would love to see a fully simulated Russian gen 4. With PFM/ASM, clickable cockpit, instant stress damage, cumulative stress damage

SU-27/SU-33/J-11A are most likely candadates given their current flight model. PFM I beleive.

My preferense would be MIG-29 SMT or Mig-29K (SMT navalised).

Mig-35OVT and SU-35SM/SK are advanced 4.5 gen thus too much classified information for a proper sim.

NATO is fairly well represented in study sims in DCS. A-10C, F-5E, AV-8BNA, F/A-18C Lot20.

As stated numerous times before, the russian airforce isn't very thick with their information regarding their modern jets, making it impossible for ED to simulate one properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

As stated numerous times before, the russian airforce isn't very thick with their information regarding their modern jets, making it impossible for ED to simulate one properly.

Has nothing to do with info available. Poland/Germany/Moldova/etc all flew MIG-29. USAF owned/tested over 40 MIG-29 of various models after Cold War. Info is well documented and out there. This has to do with ED being based in Russia and this subject to Russian laws. If ED were based in the USA, we'd have ability to have DCS quality MIG-23/29. ED has vaguely hinted that they've been in communication with some entity of the Russian Gov. Hopefully it will bear fruit and we can get some 80's era DCS Soviet jets.

Even they want to, the CCP and their army did not.

Source?

Has nothing to do with info available. Poland/Germany/Moldova/etc all flew MIG-29. USAF owned/tested over 40 MIG-29 of various models after Cold War. Info is well documented and out there. This has to do with ED being based in Russia and this subject to Russian laws. If ED were based in the USA, we'd have ability to have DCS quality MIG-23/29. ED has vaguely hinted that they've been in communication with some entity of the Russian Gov. Hopefully it will bear fruit and we can get some 80's era DCS Soviet jets.

This.

I doubt anyone would say no to a clickable J-11A, but it's a matter of getting the resources signed off on and then allocating them correctly. I don't see this happening, unfortunately, with Deka working on JF-17. But, as the adage on the forums goes:

Everything is subject to change

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Source?

I dont have. thats just irony .I was telling this is looking for trouble. Death wish.

Russian has more possibility to pubilish their weapon characteristics than china. Forget about this idea.

Edited by Insonia

Dont you guys see Nick Grey faq thread ? Based from what I understand from the thread he classified some Russian jet as "delicate" to model. Please CMIIW thou....

Q.Will we see some 4gen Russian fighters? Is there a way to get the ok from the Russian government? And why do they actually care? – TomCatMucDe

A.Too delicate…

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

The argument from secrecy is a big, fat, red herring. Dozens of nations fly the Su-27 and Mig-29. A private citizen can *buy* a Mig-29 or Su-27 for personal use if he has the cash. It's long past time for ED to get a good lawyer and make a DCS level 4th-gen Russian fighter.:)

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I am with gavagai on the red herring which perpetuates by forum users.

Chizh himself said it comes down to business decision which plane would make more profit. Plus, ED is legally a Switzerland's company ...

They were asked to promote it by official sources and given the neccesary permissions and data to do so.

I read about it as a boy in a Tom Clancy novel:

KGB knocks on the door of Eagle Dynamics. Yoyo, sporting a pony tail and Birkenstocks, calls out in a whisper to his colleagues: "We've got company."

Yoyo opens the door and snow flakes flurry inside. The unnamed KGB officer takes two steps into the room and stops. With hands hidden in his trench coat, he surveys the room for a brief moment, and smirks. He says only one name: "Blackshark."

"B-b-but the Flanker, we were promised!" stammers Chizh.

"Black-Shark!" repeats the KGB officer. He narrows his eyes, stares down Chizh, turns and leaves as abruptly as he arrived.

...later on in the story, Jack Ryan makes contact with an ED team member in Switzerland and he learns of the original plans for a full-switch Su-27 with R-77s. The code was only "2 weeks" away from being finished, but the only physical copy resides on 3.5" floppy disks in a Moscow vault.

To be continued...

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I am with gavagai on the red herring which perpetuates by forum users.

Chizh himself said it comes down to business decision which plane would make more profit. Plus, ED is legally a Switzerland's company ...

But 3rd party company is not. they have to considerer themselves in host country. On the topic is still about J-11A. At least it is not likely that can be done in deka side. If J-11 clickable would be a thing. ED has to do this themselves. Or other group like in NATO/neutral side.

Edited by Insonia

But 3rd party company is not. they have to considerer themselves in host country. On the topic is still about J-11A. At least it is not likely that can be done in deka side. If J-11 clickable would be a thing. ED has to do this themselves. Or other group like in NATO/neutral side.

we can make a develop circle: ED devs nato/china aircraft, and 3rd parties dev soviet aircraft :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I read about it as a boy in a Tom Clancy novel:

KGB knocks on the door of Eagle Dynamics. Yoyo, sporting a pony tail and Birkenstocks, calls out in a whisper to his colleagues: "We've got company."

Yoyo opens the door and snow flakes flurry inside. The unnamed KGB officer takes two steps into the room and stops. With hands hidden in his trench coat, he surveys the room for a brief moment, and smirks. He says only one name: "Blackshark."

"B-b-but the Flanker, we were promised!" stammers Chizh.

"Black-Shark!" repeats the KGB officer. He narrows his eyes, stares down Chizh, turns and leaves as abruptly as he arrived.

...later on in the story, Jack Ryan makes contact with an ED team member in Switzerland and he learns of the original plans for a full-switch Su-27 with R-77s. The code was only "2 weeks" away from being finished, but the only physical copy resides on 3.5" floppy disks in a Moscow vault.

To be continued...

holy, that makes my day!!! thanks a lot

cannot wait for the next chapter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 4 weeks later...

Pilot manual for Su-27 SK (that would be very close to J-11) has been online for more than 15 years :music_whistling:

It’s written in Russian, and software translation is terrible...

But ED should be able to read Russian :smilewink:

So it isn’t a lack of information.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 9 months later...

I'm no longer sure about the exact wording, bit I remember recently that Wags said on a podcast that it's up to third parties if they want to make eastern (Russian) aircraft.

In the J-11A we'd technically be talking about a license built Chinese aircraft and it also would be developed by a Chinese studio. So, in theory, it would be doubly removed from any restrictions that ED has.

I'd much rather see a fully modeled J-11A than the JF-17.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

@Boris

You're correct, a Chinese company making a Chinese plane wouldn't have to worry about the Russian government. They'd have to worry about the Chinese government instead.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 9 months later...

The DCS Su-27 has a PFM, so ED must have had access to "classified" data in order to create the flight model.

A complete Russian flight manual of the Su-27 (Su-27SK export variant I think) can be found on the internet (forum rules prohibit posting a link). If you can find it through a clever google search it can't be "classified".

Not to mention the DCS Flanker is almost 35 years old and the real thing has been upgraded substantially over the years. It's like "We can't do an F-16A, because the F-16E has many classified systems" even though both planes are very different internally.

All the data is there, somebody just needs to do it.

I'd buy a full fidelity Flanker instantly. Would give me a reason to get back into PvP. I'm sick of NATO vs NATO on public servers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
The DCS Su-27 has a PFM, so ED must have had access to "classified" data in order to create the flight model.

A complete Russian flight manual of the Su-27 (Su-27SK export variant I think) can be found on the internet (forum rules prohibit posting a link). If you can find it through a clever google search it can't be "classified".

Not to mention the DCS Flanker is almost 35 years old and the real thing has been upgraded substantially over the years. It's like "We can't do an F-16A, because the F-16E has many classified systems" even though both planes are very different internally.

All the data is there, somebody just needs to do it.

I'd buy a full fidelity Flanker instantly. Would give me a reason to get back into PvP. I'm sick of NATO vs NATO on public servers.

+1

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G