Allow the option to have player slots as static aircraft until filled

Greekbull

And what do you do when someone bombs all that static models? Delete player slots? Spawn player aircraft on top of damaged static one?

Not a good idea.

Don't over think it. If its bombed it's bombed. What do you do if a player is bombed while starting up? Same thing.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

+1

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

Frame rate issues. Exponentially worse in big multiplayer servers. Wouldn’t use this option if available for more than a few airplanes.

Valid point. I would suggest that the CSG and a few others that are posting here maybe don't fly in the 104th and etc most of the time. I know we in the CSG are self contained having both blue and red squads, its just the way we play. So given that I see what you are saying but I think it safe to say the vast majority of servers would not have any issue at all.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The main point of this would be to allow us to have a realistic looking carrier...it looks like a ghost town at the moment which isn't realistic at all. Sure you can place static aircraft on it. But then you take up valuable parking spots. We have 60 pilots in the CSG now so normal static aircraft really aren't an option. Glad this is getting a lot of support. Hopefully ED will pay attention to the request;)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 10 months later...

Bumping this one up, as I had the exact same thought today and almost posted another thread on it.

I believe it would add immersion to multiplayer, if you were able to place static aircraft into specific parking spots, and then spawn into those static aircraft.

They would be placed in the mission editor like client aircraft, but show up on deck (or at an airfield) like a static object until the player spawns into them. The static would disappear, being replaced by the player aircraft.

+1 Definitely gets my vote, a kind-of visible before start option for client aircraft. Might even help mitigate lag spikes with spawn-ins (though I might be talking out of my rear).

Frame rate issues. Exponentially worse in big multiplayer servers. Wouldn’t use this option if available for more than a few airplanes.

Okay, but I'm wondering why this would be the case Once those positions are filled with players you have to contend with FPS issues regardless, it's no different to having AI aircraft, or static aircraft anyway. If it's going to be an issue for lots of airplanes, it's going to be an issue regardless if it's static or player controlled, I just don't see the performance hit apart from the fact will be present regardless of the number of clients. I might be mistaken but I just don't understand why there would be a performance hit for a static aircraft as opposed to an occupied one.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.