HMS Hermes R12 Released V2.5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seacat texture bug that no one told me about.

Temp fix until the next update which will be mainly textures

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ze_rj6HyLFIaufy59f--2a1F4a48uSh2

unzip either in the -

Mods\tech\HermesR12\Textures\TEXFolder.zip

or

Mods\tech\HermesR12\Textures\TEX

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Looking good, about to install your mod and have a play with Harriers. Do you have any plans on doing HMS Invincible too? That was the carrier that hosted the 801 squadron during the Falklands war (HMS Hermes had the sister 800 squadron) for those that don't know.

No, RAZBAM is doing her for the Falklands map.

I have Lusty 2005 refit plans scanned but I do not know IF they are doing her or not along with some other ships...

They might be doing Hermes I don't know.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Just downloaded your deck template, thanks for this Joey45, can you tell me where you downloaded you "NL Prewar" font from ? and also i think your letter H is upside down in your 80's Folder.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I downloaded it from one of the many font websites. I'll see if I can find it on my drives then upload it here.

IF you fix/make anything then I'll gladly add it to the patch. I'm currently making a few hull liveries that will be the next to release.

I'm intersted in doing HMAS Melbourne, which as a Majectic class carrier is 90% the same design as Hermes (just a fraction smaller). I think 25 de Mayo of the Argentine Navy is from the same design too.

I'd be learning Blender from scratch however as I don't think GMAX is still current for making game content.

Is there a chance of modifying the Hermes to someting like this?

Braedon

Edited by Bungo

@Bungo, that would be awesome mate. I'd love to see our one and only glorious carrier be resurrected, with A-4 operations in RAN livery. Best of luck

Cheers!

3ba64ce10ef1a7b6467e6ffaec009b24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

What was the update today? Does it come with the SeaCat fix or is it still seperate?

I knew I forgot something....

I'm intersted in doing HMAS Melbourne, which as a Majectic class carrier is 90% the same design as Hermes (just a fraction smaller). I think 25 de Mayo of the Argentine Navy is from the same design too.

I'd be learning Blender from scratch however as I don't think GMAX is still current for making game content.

Is there a chance of modifying the Hermes to someting like this?

Braedon

There is a guy on here that is doing (I think) a Majestic class carrier.

I'll be modifying the Hermes for the 60s cat 'n' trap for the early navy jets that will be coming out..

Edited by joey45

What was the update today? Does it come with the SeaCat fix or is it still seperate?

there was an update for Hermes today , the file version is still the same ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yeah I forgot to upload the new file after editing out the <br> stuff....

It's just a texture thing so it'll be a separate download.

Seacat texture bug fixed

Added different hull textures for the 70s refit

added a zip file for user liveries

updated lua files

back up the folders just in case it breaks stuff............ and IF it does please say something..

Temp link until it go's live........ in about 5 days

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fsUl2Y_jgFOcbjFzHBuByW_Hw7V-YNeT

@Bungo, that would be awesome mate. I'd love to see our one and only glorious carrier be resurrected, with A-4 operations in RAN livery. Best of luck

Cheers!

I have done the A4G Skyhawk skins already. Look undder the 'other' unit in the user files, or a search for any skins with Bungo as the author.

Screen_200425_230136.jpg

I have done the A4G Skyhawk skins already. Look undder the 'other' unit in the user files, or a search for any skins with Bungo as the author.

Screen_200425_230136.jpg

Beautiful! Well done, I'll download shortly.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Great job, for this mod - thx! :thumbup:

The Mod actually works in general, I am using OvGME, BUT I have some problems - hope u can help me:

Can u describe the correct way, how to install it over OvGME. I dont know how to place the subfolders in a correct way, especially I cannot use the liveries (where should the liveries folder be placed?)

And I dont understand the thing about the TEX.zip - shall this be unzipped into the empty "TEX" folder?

Would be happy if anybody could explain it a bit better - thx in advance!

Edited by Aureliuz