Persian Gulf Charts. Where are there ?

taichi

I'm looking for documents inside DCS where I can find all Airports, Departure , ILS Approaches and so on about This new terrain Persian Gulf.

Can anyone let me know if there are these Charts and where to find and have these ? :helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance !!

P.S. Also for NTTR Nevada ....

Charts for the Persian Gulf are not released for the Early Access release of this map. They will probably be added in a later stage, as they did with Nevada.

For the Nevada charts, check your DCS folder.

Go to Mods\Terrains\Nevada\Kneeboard and you will find all the charts you will ever need :thumbup:

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Charts for the Persian Gulf are not released for the Early Access release of this map. They will probably be added in a later stage, as they did with Nevada.

Go to Mods\Terrains\Nevada\Kneeboard and you will find all the charts you will ever need :thumbup:

Hmm I was flying around in the Spit earlier today and having a look through the kneeboard pages whilst flying, is that not charts in there or was that something else?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks !!:thumbup:

I’ll be developing a FLIP for the map like i did for Georgia, Russia and Nevada. Have to build them from scratch so it’ll likely be a few weeks until the first release.

All the charts are specific to DCS world. The Nevada charts that are included in game, last i checked, weren’t accurate (airfield elevations, runway headings) to what we have in DCS World.

Not as likely, the real world Nevada charts were publically available not so much for many of the airports in the new map.

The Nevada link isn’t working FYI

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Yep, it’s working now. I tried really early this morning maybe the server was busy ie. Backup etc

Nice - you do real professional work.

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Not as likely, the real world Nevada charts were publically available not so much for many of the airports in the new map.

There is nothing classified about patterns, ILS info, airport info etc. Iran might be a different story, but Im pretty sure you can just find all the charts you need when it comes to the UAE and Oman etc.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

BTW if you just type in <ICAO code> and charts into Google you'll get any charts you need pretty much right away... The problem I see is that you need charts from 2011-ish, and things in the Gulf (or UAE at least) change very very fast :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finding official charts for the UAE airports is pretty easy — most of them can be found on the civil aviation authority website if you look around a bit (eg. https://www.gcaa.gov.ae/aip/current/AIRACs/2018-P03/html/eAIP/AD-2.OMAA-en-GB.html ). Iran and Oman aren't quite as helpful, unless you happen to have a Jeppesen subscription of some sort.

And, of course, quite a few airports are so small and/or sit in contested territory so good luck even finding out who's supposed to provide the data (not that it matters because they have no facilities to speak of anyway).

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 8 months later...

So the map is out of EA.

But the Charts are missing. Common, there are Pilots out here that fly 100% real with proper approaches in Planes like the L39.

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Was that part of the development

Please, ED, do you have any news?

I don't think it was ever planned to include these with the map. Was it ever mentioned as a feature of Persian Gulf module?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

ED has never made charts to go along with the maps. Everything that’s included was either made by the community and added by ED (Caucasus) or real world (NTTR). Charts for the PG area aren’t easily acquired through google so unless a community members creates, and agrees to let ED include them it ain’t gonna happen.

• 2 weeks later...
ED has never made charts to go along with the maps. Everything that’s included was either made by the community and added by ED (Caucasus) or real world (NTTR). Charts for the PG area aren’t easily acquired through google so unless a community members creates, and agrees to let ED include them it ain’t gonna happen.

Snoopy, do you guys ever plan on releasing the PG ones to the public? Me and my friends use your Nevada ones all the time, we really enjoy your work.

Snoopy, do you guys ever plan on releasing the PG ones to the public? Me and my friends use your Nevada ones all the time, we really enjoy your work.

Probably not, we’re doing a much smaller FLIP internally that wouldn’t include all the charts (Al Dhafra and Al Minhad). Not to mention the time it takes to make these because unlike Nevada where all the charts are publicly available and only had to be updated for DCS values PG airfield charts are not available.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...