Which the best monitor for see enemys?

Ok everone, I know there are some topics about monitors. But I want to know which one is the best to see an enemy aircraft on dogfight and ground target?

What is the monitor needs? 4k? 34 pol Ultrawide? 144 hz?

Thanks in advance!

Enviado de meu XT1635-02 usando o Tapatalk

I just replaced my 1920x1080 27" with a Philips 32" 2k unit..the difference is phenomenal! Targets are now so much easier to see. I gather 4k would be even better. Ensure you have decent graphics card and processor tho.

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

If you can swing it, this one is pretty nice. Also, you'll have to wait till mid June to get it. Like me...

I am sure it will help you see aircrafts much easier... ;-)

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-34-curved-gaming-monitor-aw3418dw/apd/210-amsv/monitors-monitor-accessories

I see what you did there! ;)

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

If you can swing it, this one is pretty nice. Also, you'll have to wait till mid June to get it. Like me...

I am sure it will help you see aircrafts much easier... ;-)

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-34-curved-gaming-monitor-aw3418dw/apd/210-amsv/monitors-monitor-accessories

I have that one and still can't see shit, lol.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Before going VR I was using a 55” 4K TV at a distance of about 3’. I could practically see Batumi from Vaziani. There may be a slight exaggeration to that statement :music_whistling:

But seriously, you don’t need high levels of AA at 4K and if you crank up the view radius settings you can see and identify aircraft for miles.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

IMO either get a 2k (not really 2k, but 1440p/whatever) Asus/ACER/AOC Gsync 144hz+ 27" monitor. That or wait for the 4k 120-144hz Gsync from the same. If cost is no object at least, as they will be very expensive, but with amazing specs and stats for an LCD monitor, if you Google them, you'll see why.

That said, any 27 to 40+inch 2k/4k will suffice, however having a high hz rate, particularly 100+, makes a HUGE difference for gaming, probably THE biggest difference for an LCD's performance IMO. Gsync can be useful as well, but having 100 to 165hz capability is more important, and I base this off having 4 Gsync gaming LCDs, various Asus, Acer, and AOC variants we've tried over the last few years for all 4 PC gaming stations in our home.

If you want a large size, the 34" Asus/Acer Gsync 100hz 1440p IPS monitors can't be beat, I found our last Acer model for $700 used, and they are around if you look.

Again, there are many new LCDs coming out, just do your research and decide what best fits your budget and size requirements, then narrow it down from there, and ask more questions here based on that.

Good luck!

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Good to know. Not only 4k, but the high monitor hz is necessary.

But I saw the smart TV 4k doesnt have the true 120hz. When conect in PC, only appears 60hz...

Are there some smart TV 4K with true 120 hz?

Enviado de meu XT1635-02 usando o Tapatalk

No, at the moment there are only very few screens that support 4K at higher than 60Hz properly. One of which is the nVidia BFGD. 65 inches, 4K, 120Hz, Gsync, built-in nvidia Shield, the works. Not exactly affordable though. I'd buy one in 40-42 inches but in their infinite wisdom they decided not to make that. Because reasons.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.