Rift Core 2.0 Beta

fitness88

Not that I have noticed, however I also not noticed any hit to performance either.

Personally I really like it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@dburne,

I don't have (nor want to buy ) the Touch controllers. Is there any hope for me to use Rift Core Beta with just a mouse - that is, could I just start applications with a mouse (even if I have to use a Windows 10 Icon outside of the Rift. Right now, I use the "classic" home but I wonder if they will take that away eventually.

Thanks

Dave

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

I use native VRS in dcs with touch. Controllers I have them but haven’t used them in my new setup yet they aren’t worth the trouble

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

@dburne,

I don't have (nor want to buy ) the Touch controllers. Is there any hope for me to use Rift Core Beta with just a mouse - that is, could I just start applications with a mouse (even if I have to use a Windows 10 Icon outside of the Rift. Right now, I use the "classic" home but I wonder if they will take that away eventually.

Thanks

Dave

Try using the remote and the mouse that works for me when I don't want to put on the hands.

@dburne,

Thanks

Dave

Not sure what all you will be able to do in there with a mouse, if you have the Oculus Remote it provides some functionality in there - not as much as Touch.

For just browsing the library and launching games from within Oculus Home, I use the remote.

If I want to do more, like customize my Home I will use Touch controllers.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have the X box controller as well - can that be used at all instead of Touch?

I really appreciate your info on this!

Dave W.

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

I have the X box controller as well - can that be used at all instead of Touch?

I really appreciate your info on this!

Dave W.

Well I have never tried it, but from what I am seeing it appears it is mainly the Touch Controllers that are supported for full functionality.

Don B

Hello Guys

I have the Rift core 2.0 beta ticked on in oculus software

Anyway my oculus software is updated to version 1.26 it says.

Shouldn't it be showing 2.0 having the core 2.0 beta set to on in the oculus software?

May be I'm misunderstanding something...

Second question, few days ago oculus software updated itself, I have oculus home set to "run as administrator" not to have home start when I start DCSW but now with this new update DCS runs, the oculus tracking works, but the lenses are blacked out, I see nothing.

If I load oculus home and then start DCS everything runs normally

So, is it no more possible to use the rift without oculus home running?

Thanks for the Help

Hello Guys

Shouldn't it be showing 2.0 having the core 2.0 beta set to on in the oculus software?

Second question, few days ago oculus software updated itself, I have oculus home set to "run as administrator" not to have home start when I start DCSW but now with this new update DCS runs, the oculus tracking works, but the lenses are blacked out, I see nothing.

Thanks for the Help

Good question, I wondered that too. I don't notice it too much but running Oculus software must use some resources I would rather have in reserve for DCS when required

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Guys

Thanks for the Help

In regards to your second question, yes for whatever reason in 1.26 beta that functionality is not working.

Not sure if it is an intentional thing and that is how they want it going forward, or if it is an issue that will get fixed.

Don B

Thanks for the answer dburne

For sure oculus home is taking some resources away and i would prefer not to have it running.

Since a week i have some micro stutters in dcsw that i didnt have before

Unfortunately in this week my win 10 updated, oculus updated, dcsw updated and nvidia drivers updated

Trying to find the reason of the microstutters is not an easy task with all these updates, it could be nything really...

But i still suspect the stutters are due to oculus Home now running

I hope they go back as how it Was before

Thanks for the answer dburne

For sure oculus home is taking some resources away and i would prefer not to have it running.

Since a week i have some micro stutters in dcsw that i didnt have before

Unfortunately in this week my win 10 updated, oculus updated, dcsw updated and nvidia drivers updated

Trying to find the reason of the microstutters is not an easy task with all these updates, it could be nything really...

But i still suspect the stutters are due to oculus Home now running

I hope they go back as how it Was before

Well if your Oculus updated this week, you are likely signed into the Public Test Channel (currently 1.26). You can uncheck that option and it should roll back to 1.25 where it was working. Eventually though 1.26 will move to the release version.

Nvidia Drivers - they updated automatically or you chose to update? Personally I only ever choose to update, and then only install the actual drivers and PhysX, none of that other stuff especially not GeForce Experience.

Might be worth a shot to uninstall your Nvidia drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode, then clean install the latest Nvidia drivers installing only the driver and PhysX.

In regard to Windows 10 update, did you get the version 1803 update? If so go in and make sure Windows game mode is disabled.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/75936-turn-off-game-mode-windows-10-a.html

Don B

Wow thanks for that

What I will do is

Turn off game mode and I will try DCS

Then uninstall nvidia drivers, uninstall geforce experience, reinstall the driver and I will try DCS

If at this point I still have stutters it can be only oculus software running I guess

I will report when done

Wow thanks for that

What I will do is

Turn off game mode and I will try DCS

Then uninstall nvidia drivers, uninstall geforce experience, reinstall the driver and I will try DCS

If at this point I still have stutters it can be only oculus software running I guess

I will report when done

Good luck!

I myself have not noticed any performance difference when running Oculus Home or not, but has been a few weeks since trying it.

I prefer to have it running as I need it for my Oculus Tray Tool settings to apply properly.

Don B

mmm

I also use oculus tray tool and I was able to apply my settings even if oculus home was off.

In fact the only thing I've ever done with oculus tray tool has always been to disable asw

The way i was doing it before this oculus update..

Run DCSW and then ctrl alt canc, open oculus tray tool and set asw as disabled then went back to DCS and Lalt return for fullscreen

that's it, and all without oculus home

I have not been able to get OTT to keep ASW disabled without Home running. Works great for me with Home running, but without oftentimes ASW kicked back in for me.

Don B

Ok here is the results

Disabled game mode via registry and still stutters

Uninstalled geforce experience and uninstalled nvidia drivers using ddu, and then reinstalled latest nvidia driver, physix and still stutters

Opted out from beta in oculus and now I'm able again to load DCSW with rift without the need to run oculus home and.... NO stutters!

I still don't know if the problem was the beta software or the extra load on the cpu created by oculus home but now it's fixed, at least until they make version 1.26 stable, then we will see..

And the last thing, I confirm I'm able to switch ASW off from tray tool without having oculus home running, and ASW doesn't come back.

Thanks dburne for your help sir, you made my day

Edited by gianlu320

Ok here is the results

Disabled game mode via registry and still stutters

Uninstalled geforce experience and uninstalled nvidia drivers using ddu, and then reinstalled latest nvidia driver, physix and still stutters

Opted out from beta in oculus and now I'm able again to load DCSW with rift without the need to run oculus home and.... NO stutters!

I still don't know if the problem was the beta software or the extra load on the cpu created by oculus home but now it's fixed, at least until they make version 1.26 stable, then we will see..

And the last thing, I confirm I'm able to switch ASW off from tray tool without having oculus home running, and ASW doesn't come back.

Thanks dburne for your help sir, you made my day

:thumbup:

You are most welcome, have fun!!

Don B

When I try and turn off Oculus Home after I've launched DCSW I get a prompt that says I will not be able to run my HMD while Oculus is closed.

I believe that is only with the 1.26 PTC so far.

I have asked the question over on the Oculus Forums if this will be how it is going forward when 1.26 gets pushed out to all, so far have not had a response.

Don B

I remember a year ago I encountered the same scenario when trying to close Home once DCSW was running and I was using a much earlier software version. I'll try it again not using 1.26 PTC. I think too I was seeing more stutter/mini-freeze in 1.26.

I rolled back to 1.25 and closed Home/Oculus software and the same prompt telling me the HMD would not work... and that's what happened.

How are you running the HMD without the Oculus Home software running?

Well I am not anymore as I found I needed it running for my ASW settings in OTT to stick.

Been a while since I have done so, it sure used to work though.

Don B