INS broken after newest Open Beta update 11/05/18

hideki2

Hello!

After the newest update the course indicator on the central display does not function anymore. It just points at 6 o'clock all the time.

Also HUD in NAV mode is no longer level to the ground, but its level to the aircraft.

INS broken after newest Open Beta update 11/05/18

Do you have a dcs.log? Look into %SAVEDGAMES%/DCS World OpenBeta/logs - folder.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

The INS itself is not broken, some instruments are.

The HUD is not slaved to the horizon, while the course ring is stuck 180° from the direction of travel.

Looking at the ADI, it shows correct indication for every navigation mode, form NAV to TILS landing.

Another thing I found (not sure if it's linked to the rest) is that when you engage HOJD autopilot mode the reference altitude is slightly higher while before it showed that you were aligned with the reference altitude. (Not sure if it's clear enough?).

Not sure if it's worth open a thread but I can't change page in the kneeboard, it's stuck in the first 4 waypoints page. Other planes are not affected (Tested MiG-21, Bf 109 and F-15C).

I did a simple flight from ramp, rocket run and back to the airfield. Here's the log. If you need something specific, ask.

Edited by Redhotita1
Logs didn't attach ?

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

Fixed for next 2.5.X patch. Apologies.

This error was caused by a very strange bug in the build process.

Strange indeed, yesterday I was playing with a friend and he had no problem at all!

I tried to repair, clean DCS and reinstall the viggen multiple times without success.

Thank you!

Edited by Redhotita1
grammar

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

Hello!

After the newest update the course indicator on the central display does not function anymore. It just points at 6 o'clock all the time.

Also HUD in NAV mode is no longer level to the ground, but its level to the aircraft.

Sounds very strange to me, since I didn't have and actually don't have any problems with the indicator, despite I updated my system very early. :huh:

Trying to understand this type of bug makes me think: ok, thats too much for me and let the pro's do their job, wow!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I haven't seen this issue neither, although I have flown the Viggen quite a lot in the past few days :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg