My gratitude

animaal

I had almost all of the DCS modules before buying the Viggen. It just didn't appeal to me as a plane. I didn't find its shape particularly attractive. And that radar screen looks like it would give you sunburn. Not to mention the steampunk throttle.

I ended up buying it in a moment of weakness after a few beers.

I'm a convert.

Primarily, it's down to the type of tasks a Viggen undertakes. I'm not much good at opportunistically spotting tiny fighters in the distance or vehicles/soldiers on the ground. That's an essential skill for most of the existing planes in DCS.

The Viggen shifts the emphasis more to planned strikes. I know what my target is, and ideally avoid unnecessary contact with the enemy.

The included campaign is short but has a mission that feels so immersive that I keep going back to it. It's exactly what the Viggen was made for in real life.

Georgia invaded by a fleet of Russian ships at night

I've even grown fond of the Viggen's aesthetics and the quality of its textures. It's ruined other modules for me - after flying the Viggen, some other modules' interiors look artificial and plasticy. And I was happy with those before!

I should also mention that it's quick to start up, with enough systems to allow for accurate strikes, but few enough assists so you actually need to fly it.

If anybody's on the fence, I'd recommend this module in a heartbeat.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Agree. It has lots of character and is something else to fly. So, really looking forward to the tomcat. Although, it will be difficult to beat this kind of character.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Me too I am a late convert jajaja. Althow its ironic because i Love mud moving. and OH man can the Viggen deliver.. and it flies like a dream. Anyway I doubt I´ll be flying anything else for some time, or until we get an A-4 or Super Etandart...

I very much agree. HeatBlur really made a nice representation of a Swedish strike aircraft that (and I got eat my words here) fit well into DCS World.

Am hoping for a north eu/scandinavian map with some sneaky Viggen roadbases to take flight from. Even a Bornholm map would satisfy me :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love it. Today I was leading two combined arms flanks from my cockpit into objectives. Loaded the becky ninety and deflated a whole platoon of arty in one pass. my arty moved closer and shellshocked the t-90s.. and I even hit one su-25 overhead watch with my aa missile. very impressive radar for its time too!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Agree. I have all the modules and the Viggen is my favorite.... I'm still waiting for a much better weapons accuracy for rockets, A/G gun pod and some bombs modes... And the final version of the manual.

Also, I don't know how it is implemented right now, but last time I tried ELINT was a failure, coordinates of the SAM site were not even on the map. Hope one day we will be able to do really efficient ELINT missions.

Great Aircraft overall. Nice job, but do not let it die in beta stage.

Great Aircraft overall. Nice job, but do not let it die in beta stage.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This aircraft is too good for that!

Honestly, I have started to get the sensation that Viggen is not getting the attention from HB that it needs to be a complete product. 2018 was supposed to be the Viggen year but with more than 1/3 of the year past, I can't say I've seen it...

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

I really enjoy the viggen with a mission I created. There are a bunch of f15 und f16 and they are very busy dodging missiles from an enemy ship. Ships have a very wide weapon range. I then hit the ship with anty ship missile and it sinks. After that I try to land the viggen. Try, because the scenario is in a storm and at night. It is quite unique feeling. You feel very lonely in such a stormy weather.

As I never was able to tell my Ai wingman to also hit the ship (bug?) there is a 50% chance, that I have to rearm, as this ship can handle several missile hits.

Unfortunately night missions are impossible in vr since quite a while and so I left my viggen unused for quite some time. I have to wait for night flight to be fixed by eagle dynamics.

The last 2 patches mentioned some fix, but I did not test the mission yet. Must admit, that I really would enjoy the rain drops on the viggen canopy in hopefully near future.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

I agree that more content for the Viggen (at least one of the campaigns that was mentioned for example) would be very very welcome. I'm pretty excited about the fixes that Cobra has been mentioning for starters ;)

That said, it truly is a spectacular module, and every time I fly it I'm in awe at just how awesome the plane is. Between the sound, flight model, systems and graphics it just feels so much more like the "real deal" than anything else I've flown. Heatblur/Leatherneck have really created something special.

I agree that more content for the Viggen (at least one of the campaigns that was mentioned for example) would be very very welcome. I'm pretty excited about the fixes that Cobra has been mentioning for starters ;)

That said, it truly is a spectacular module, and every time I fly it I'm in awe at just how awesome the plane is. Between the sound, flight model, systems and graphics it just feels so much more like the "real deal" than anything else I've flown. Heatblur/Leatherneck have really created something special.

And that is why I’m actually anticipating the f-14 even more than the f-18. I hope it will have a distinctive character.

And that is why I’m actually anticipating the f-14 even more than the f-18. I hope it will have a distinctive character.

Yep me too actually! Well, that and the fact that Tom Cruise didn't fly a Hornet ;)

Yep me too actually! Well, that and the fact that Tom Cruise didn't fly a Hornet ;)

for me the F-18 is a cold aircraft, no soul, no life, no nothing, just a machine.

Exact the opposite I find in the Viggen, and as far as I know and what I heard HB will put another soul into their new module ... :smartass:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

The training missions are very well done, more are welcome devs, the atmosphere in a thunderstorm during a strike mission is sublime especially with the improved weather effects. I would like if the mirrors could fold away.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.