Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

OK does anyone use Win 10 Pro and have a WMR Headset.. I ask because I was getting major CTD's with SteamVR and was thinking it was the pro version of Windows 10..

I would like to go back to Win 10 Pro for the Sandbox feature but I just got done reinstalling Windows twice in 1 day so a little hesitant because if it CTD's SteamVR I would have to reinstall Win 10 Home so another 2 installs hehe!!

If I will not have issues with Win10 Pro , I may go that router yet again and I just got done installing Sim for Aviators which needs to be reactivated each install and I have to contat them to get an activiation, I don;t want to flood them with activation requests!!

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Windows 10 Pro with O+ here.

Not getting steamVR related ctd.

Unfortunately, I cannot test for an extensive period with 2.5.6 as I am getting kicked out of dcs world during game play for login issues.

Having a case of someone logging in from a different machine and getting kicked out.

Can only play max 4 minutes most times

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Windows Pro and Reverb all fine; that said some mods are causing SteamVR to crash on the latest beta

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Dafuq Windows WMR! Fix this shit!

I know how to solve it, but it's super annoying that at some point, without any reason, WMR again decides: "Hey let's throw in another 6 monitors for this guy"

2020_02_22_16_32_11_Window.jpg.b861309afa3f85967beb2502fb6fa429.jpg

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Dafuq Windows WMR! Fix this shit!

I know how to solve it, but it's super annoying that at some point, without any reason, WMR again decides: "Hey let's throw in another 6 monitors for this guy"

Yep, the same, I was wrote about this here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263931

VERY ANNOYING. Its good idea to inform about this M$. Looks like a bug?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Try posting on the wmr forums on reddit, they seem to monitor quite closely their...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Hey Guys,

I am trying to find out how to get to the menu in this video @5:00

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

no not just the revive button that entire menu system.. it shows Steam, Desktop, Revive and Settings and has the clock on it plus the graphical GUI above it.. I am not talking about just the revive button that entire menu that shows up.. I have revive installed and need to access this menu it shows to get into revive from SteamVR home..

I always used to mistakenly press it and now for the life of me can not get it to come up..

Edited by The_Nephilim

In the SteamVR menu open developer tools and then uncheck arcade mode.

ahh I see the mode it was unchecked ??

EDIT: I solved the problem.. when I hit Windows key on the controller there is a Steam Chevron next to the windows box. you click that and a new Settings menu opens up very slick

Edited by The_Nephilim

Sorry, I assumed that you knew how to use the menu buttons. My bad.

Yes I know how to use menu buttons.. but this was new to me I think it was recently changed.. I am having issues with SteamVR and critical errors for some reason tho. ;)

I was on 256 with I think it was the a4 mod, though it could have been civil aircraft

Well just SteamVR in General I was using Viveport and I get a Steam VR Critical error.. so it is just not DCS that SteamVR is having issues with..

Not sure how to report it if nothing really shows in the logs except lost connection shutting down SteamVR..

System crashes in VR potential solution

Well just SteamVR in General I was using Viveport and I get a Steam VR Critical error.. so it is just not DCS that SteamVR is having issues with..

Not sure how to report it if nothing really shows in the logs except lost connection shutting down SteamVR..

I was able to solve my system crashing problem when starting up (or ending) my VR sessions. It turns out that my CPU overclocking software was setting on the "Gaming Mode" in BIOS when it was doing its overclocking. That needed to be off (and unfortunately, no more overclocking -- at least with that particular software.) I also noticed a Game Mode setting in the Windows System settings, which should also be turned off, if shutting it off in the BIOS doesn't do it. I found on YouTube that someone pointed out that Game Mode has always been a problem with various games and should be removed by Microsoft.

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

Windows "Game M\ode" has nothing to do with overclocking.. the one in BIOS probally is which motherboard do you have ??

Yes OC by Software from the mother board is tricky you need most times to do it manually and stress test the OC to make sure the system is stable..

M\ine turned out to be a software program called Voicemeeter which had a install/reinstall issue I cleared it out and my crashes went away..

OC takes a little time and correct settings.. so basically you can find guides at overclocking.net and such read those and go from there but after you OC you need to Stress test it with linepack programs.. if y\ou dont yo\u will never really k\now if yo\ur PC is stable

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to ask, but I don't know what else to do.

Current version of DCS

DCS Stable version standalone 2.5.5 - (not steam version)

Background:

I had Oculus Rift-S before. I bought a new HP Reverb.

Ready to go:

Installed Mixed Reality Software with no problems. Had to restart to get controllers to work, but worked out fine.

The Mixed Reality Portal works correctly with the Reverb headset and the controllers are working fine.

So after some testing in Mixed Reality Portal - everything good I started up DCS.

But then DCS fired up the Oculus home desktop app (Oculus Rift-S was physically disconnected)

I turned off VR mode in the VR tab in DCS. Restarted DCS. DCS working in in flat screen mode fine.

I thought maybe DCS "thinks" I still have an Oculus,.... okay.. I uninstalled all Oculus software and drivers.

Then deleted all my Saved Games\DCS files (backed them up elsewhere - so I can restore my controls later)

Rebooted the PC.

Restarted the Mixed Reality portal and checked Reverb was working.

Restarted DCS - in flat screen mode. Selected the VR default graphics settings just to get things going. Switched on VR mode in VR Tab. Game restarts automatically. Nothing comes up in the HP Reverb display still. DCS runs in a smaller window on the flat screen monitor (1024x768 - default DCS config)

Tried deleting the DCS user files again, opened the Mixed Reality Portal and launched the Virtual Desktop app, launched DCS from within the Mixed Reality Virtual Desktop mode (enabled VR in VR Tab) - Game restarts, but still no DCS showing in the HMD. Just the Mixed Reality Home Portal is showing. Game is running on the desktop. and not coming through to the Reverb.

It seems that DCS doesn't realise I am using a different HMD.

So is there other cfg file(s) I should edit/delete in the main DCS programs folder so it re-detects a new VR Headset?

I read though this thread, others are using Steam VR with O+ & Reverb, but I don't have DCS running through steam. (Just standalone version)

Can DCS use the Mixed Reality Portal and Reverb Driver natively... or must I somehow use Steam VR and then run DCS standalone ?

Really confused... Sorry.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

JasonJ, you need SteamVR (and Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR) to use the Reverb with DCS

Some useful instructions on setup here:

https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Steam VR doesn't detect this headset either. So it's not a DCS issue.

Tried different DP port & USB port, however Rift-S worked fine with everything.

:mad:

edit: mixed reality for steam VR ?... no idea that was a thing. Maybe there is hope

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

Steam VR doesn't detect this headset either. So it's not a DCS issue.

Tried different DP port & USB port, however Rift-S worked fine with everything.

:mad:

edit: mixed reality for steam VR ?... no idea that was a thing. Maybe there is hope

Yes it sounds like you are missing windows mixed reality for steamVR - this links the WMR device to SteamVR

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Thanks Baldrick33

I had no idea such a thing existed. Mixed Reality for Steam VR.

It's working in other steam games and DCS now... :doh:

So it uses Steam to load up Mixed Reality Portal then connects to Steam VR that DCS can send the display to.

Gosh it's amazing all that works together. :megalol:

Well I got it working, now I can start tweaking it. Thanks again.

I didn't think to check vr4dcs - Oculus just ran natively from the get-go, I thought Reverb would be along the same lines. So sorry I had to ask.

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

Good to hear it is working JasonJ, don't be sorry about asking it is what these forums are great for!

Your next challenge will be getting reprojection enabled (a must have IMHO), some instructions here (this is for the beta version, which is probably worth opting into, the same with SteamVR):

https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950